Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Youngstown State Spheniscidae (Hobo Day)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Youngstown State Spheniscidae (Hobo Day)

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Unused tickets also allow reentry after leaving(such as halftime). You never know when you forget something in the car.
    Oh yes, been there done that too. Hobo Day 2017 when it rained a lot. My wife had enough at halftime. I took her home and might have come back to the stadium with more than just coke in my SDSU cup!

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      Seconded. Quality of life is much more important than a game. Look at what happened to Bo Jackson and he had the best doctors available at the time.

He will probably end up getting multiple hip replacements over the course of his life...unless the technology has greatly increased.
      It appears a medical redshirt is out of the question if this is a Bo Jackson type of injury. I know nothing of this but was hopeful, a medical redshirt would give him another year, but if it is a risk of his mobility, then lets take care of Mr. Wallace and hope he does not need multiple hip replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
        What about freezing the Priority Point total rather than docking the points? That way purchasers who are actually utilizing tickets/attending games can benefit by possibly gaining eligibility for more favorable seating options. Either way, it would require adding another element to the points rubric, as they currently award points for consecutive Jackrabbit Club donations and season ticket purchases rather than individual game utilization, right?
        We want to grow the season-ticket base. Some of the suggestions impose sanctions, albeit moderate ones, on season ticket holders and those who have built up points through various means including contributions and multiple season ticket purchases. You start sanctioning season ticket holders and you'll surely lose some.

An earlier poster noted they never have trouble making sure someone is in their seats if they cannot attend. I think that is very true. Perhaps there should be a method which makes it easier to connect with someone looking for tickets or willing to purchase/use tickets. My wife and I always have four season tickets. We've missed one game in nine years. We make sure the other two tickets are always used. For many games, seats immediately to our left are unused. I wish there was a way I could determine who had those tickets. There are times I would gladly purchase those seats for a game if they were otherwise going unused. As it is now, if I have extra famlly and their friends coming to a game, we're buying tickets on the east side for them (I swapped with guests and sat on the east side for the Indiana State game -- that's a fun crowd...loud and a lot of good humor). Now, SDSU benefits because of additional ticket sales so we don't want to discourage that. But if a season ticket holder isn't going to use their tickets, perhaps they could tell the ticket office and those seats could be re-sold and SDSU would get revenue x 2 for those seats. If a season ticket holder doesn't want them resold, then they can sell the tickets themselves. But if they're going to let the seats go empty, why not let the school re-sell them?

I think that as demand continues to grow, and if we get to the point of routine sellouts, you'll see some sort of program permitting the ticket office, with permission of the season-ticket holders, to sell season-ticket-holder seats that aren't going to be occupied.

Comment

Anyone else take a quick glance at the title to this thread and see: GDT: Youngstown State Spermacide (Hobo Day).
          Kemo is getting too complicated with naming rights.

Comment

I had no idea what spheniscidae was, but I never thought of spermicide. I guess at my age, your just thankful you have some libido and that thanks to my doctor that I'm firing blanks anyway.

According to Wikipedia, a sheniscidae is another term for penguins. Love the kreativity Kemo!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              We want to grow the season-ticket base. Some of the suggestions impose sanctions, albeit moderate ones, on season ticket holders and those who have built up points through various means including contributions and multiple season ticket purchases. You start sanctioning season ticket holders and you'll surely lose some.

An earlier poster noted they never have trouble making sure someone is in their seats if they cannot attend. I think that is very true. Perhaps there should be a method which makes it easier to connect with someone looking for tickets or willing to purchase/use tickets. My wife and I always have four season tickets. We've missed one game in nine years. We make sure the other two tickets are always used. For many games, seats immediately to our left are unused. I wish there was a way I could determine who had those tickets. There are times I would gladly purchase those seats for a game if they were otherwise going unused. As it is now, if I have extra famlly and their friends coming to a game, we're buying tickets on the east side for them (I swapped with guests and sat on the east side for the Indiana State game -- that's a fun crowd...loud and a lot of good humor). Now, SDSU benefits because of additional ticket sales so we don't want to discourage that. But if a season ticket holder isn't going to use their tickets, perhaps they could tell the ticket office and those seats could be re-sold and SDSU would get revenue x 2 for those seats. If a season ticket holder doesn't want them resold, then they can sell the tickets themselves. But if they're going to let the seats go empty, why not let the school re-sell them?

I think that as demand continues to grow, and if we get to the point of routine sellouts, you'll see some sort of program permitting the ticket office, with permission of the season-ticket holders, to sell season-ticket-holder seats that aren't going to be occupied.
              I think the eay to do a ticket exchange is through the alumni association. Contact them with the number of tickets you have left over, and they can work with our various chapters to make sure those tickets get used. I think that could work

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                I think the eay to do a ticket exchange is through the alumni association. Contact them with the number of tickets you have left over, and they can work with our various chapters to make sure those tickets get used. I think that could work
                Lots of technology that should take care ticket exchange pretty easily. Would help anyone with a valid ticket to transfer to someone without having to physically exchange the ticket. Would greatly help the exchange of those on this board that give their tickets up to fellow posters.

Comment

I did a ticket exchangetwice during last years basketball season. I assume it can be done for football too. All i did was call the ticket office and told them who would be picking up the tickets and they picked them up at willcall.

Comment

Yes
                    Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    Lots of technology that should take care ticket exchange pretty easily. Would help anyone with a valid ticket to transfer to someone without having to physically exchange the ticket. Would greatly help the exchange of those on this board that give their tickets up to fellow posters.
                    The Tix exchange here on this board works, but then not every Jack fan is aware of this message board. I like JackJD idea of turning in tickets for reselling. Also what happens to one’s priority points when you check out from the living? Could they be raffled off at 2 bucks a point and proceeds going into the Jackrabbit Club coffers?

Comment

You supposedly can also advance tickets via your Account on JackrabbitTickets.com
                      I personally have never used it or tried it but it is there.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        That's why I offered the "freeze" rather than docking points. As mentioned, this isn't even possible given their current point allocation scheme, but if they did add a point element to account for actual game attendance, freezing their total would serve to encourage the purchasers to actually attend (or find someone else to attend)

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          You supposedly can also advance tickets via your Account on JackrabbitTickets.com
                          I personally have never used it or tried it but it is there.
                          Good to know - thanks for the info. I will have to try this out.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            Good to know - thanks for the info. I will have to try this out.
                            Let us know if it works. I tried to see if it works this afternoon without much success.

Comment

I offered up a pair of good tickets for the ISU game on FB. Granted it was only a day or two beforehand. But I had zero interest? We ended up taking the kids. Interpret that how you want, there is a real lack of interest outside of the big games, whether it is FB, MBB, or WBB. JMO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                                That's why I offered the "freeze" rather than docking points. As mentioned, this isn't even possible given their current point allocation scheme, but if they did add a point element to account for actual game attendance, freezing their total would serve to encourage the purchasers to actually attend (or find someone else to attend)
                                Call it encouragement if you want. The word that comes to my mind is something like coercion. I wouldn't appreciate a policy like that at all and I don't miss games and my additional two season tickets are always used. Football is entertainment for a lot of us. Adding pressure like that, even though one may think it is subtle pressure, is about the opposite of what I want to think about on weekends. In any event, I don't think we'll see significant changes in the points system.

The best way to increase fan support is to continue on the path we're on: fielding top-notch, competitive football teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X