Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Youngstown State Spheniscidae (Hobo Day)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Youngstown State Spheniscidae (Hobo Day)

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Anyone else think the reason for increased police presence is to establish LEO familiarity with the venue and explore protocols for eventual alcohol sales?

The Gophers sell alcohol at TCF.
    It would be great if we would sell alcohol then we could come here Sunday and read about the drunk guy that ruined the experience for everyone around them.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      It would be great if we would sell alcohol then we could come here Sunday and read about the drunk guy that ruined the experience for everyone around them.
      Oh, I'm not personally in favor of stadium-wide alcohol sales, but I think we might be moving in that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        I get what your saying. But there is unlimited availability to it for the club and above levels. They cut it off at the end of the third qtr.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
          Anyone else think the reason for increased police presence is to establish LEO familiarity with the venue and explore protocols for eventual alcohol sales?

The Gophers sell alcohol at TCF.
          I don't really care if they do or not. But I would bet that if they allowed beer to be sold it would bump the attendance. Is it good or bad?

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
            I don't really care if they do or not. But I would bet that if they allowed beer to be sold it would bump the attendance. Is it good or bad?
            Maybe we should start an "Attendance Considerations" thread.

In the meantime, I'd wonder if the increased security costs associated with such a move would limit increased revenue

Comment

Discussions on increasing overall attendance is another topic. I am just disappointed that the biggest one day event in the dakotas cannot fill the stadium. Maybe we should start scheduling NDSU so that the place gets filled.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                Discussions on increasing overall attendance is another topic. I am just disappointed that the biggest one day event in the dakotas cannot fill the stadium. Maybe we should start scheduling NDSU so that the place gets filled.
                2 things affected attendance this year. 1 avoidable, 1 not.

Don't schedule it on pheasant opener... This is a no brainer. Looks like they are doing it Oct. 5th next year, so that's good. Not sure why that didn't happen this year.

Hope for good weather. This year we have temps 20-30 degrees below normal for this time of year. Nothing you can do about it. Just bad luck.

Also, selling beer in the stadium would definitely increase attendance and it would definitely increase revenue (even with increased security) without a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                  I do think Anderson deserves a huge shoutout for his downfield blocking. On two big runs he never lost his man for the entire duration of the play while pushing them downfield that I remember specifically, one being TCs long td run I believe. He’s putting in great effort every play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Strongly agree. He is a great run blocker and was a big factor on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    2 things affected attendance this year. 1 avoidable, 1 not.

Don't schedule it on pheasant opener... This is a no brainer. Looks like they are doing it Oct. 5th next year, so that's good. Not sure why that didn't happen this year.

Hope for good weather. This year we have temps 20-30 degrees below normal for this time of year. Nothing you can do about it. Just bad luck.

Also, selling beer in the stadium would definitely increase attendance and it would definitely increase revenue (even with increased security) without a doubt.
                    This wasn't even the opener for pheasants. It was residents only on public land. Next week it the real opener. I doubt they can really schedule around that?

Comment

This wasn't even the opener for pheasants. It was residents only on public land. Next week it the real opener. I doubt they can really schedule around that?
                      You're telling me that we didn't lose any attendance to resident pheasant opener...? Two people who normally bring 4-6 people to the game each told me they were going pheasant hunting instead.

You definitely can schedule around that. https://gfp.sd.gov/news/detail/1099/

Comment

You're telling me that we didn't lose any attendance to resident pheasant opener...? Two people who normally bring 4-6 people to the game each told me they were going pheasant hunting instead.

jeezes h Christ. Are you a psycho? I was merely pointing out it is not the traditional opening that most people in SD recognize. So please explain to me how the MVFC is going to give a chit about pheasant season?

Comment

jeezes h Christ. Are you a psycho? I was merely pointing out it is not the traditional opening that most people in SD recognize. So please explain to me how the MVFC is going to give a chit about pheasant season?
                          Do you think the MVFC decides when Hobo Day is?

Comment

Do you think the MVFC decides when Hobo Day is?
                            No, but I bet they decide our home an away dates

Comment

i had to stay home and be on call to haul some steers out. I live next to a few thousand acres of public land within a half hours drive of SDSU. I’m betting there was about two dozen guys out hunting. I doubt that really drug down the game attendance.

Comment

No, but I bet they decide our home an away dates
                                Mmhmmm... Then once they do that, who decides which home game will be designated as Hobo Day?

Comment

Working...
                                X