Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Week - Youngstown State Penguins

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Well, at least you're getting your kegels in, right?

I'm typically more nervous about him getting injured than I am an errant throw.
    go ahead and keep drinking the kook aid. Have you ever heard about rational thinking/evaluation?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
      Sumner was fun to watch. Just curious -- how could Christion earn your trust at this point?
      He can’t. He lost his head at JMU, I don’t think there is a way to trust him again in that sort of a situation. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
        Your’re right I’m wrong. Past performances when it counts means **** I guess
        When it counts... Like the JMU game?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          I'm wondering why you have this misconception about TC. He's a much more accurate passer than Sumner was. Is it because he throws a harder ball and his misses look different than you're used to?

Sumner - 737/1267 (58.1%)

TC - 726/1126 (64.5%)
          And Berry was in middle (484/790 or 61.3%), right?

Comment

He can’t. He lost his head at JMU, I don’t think there is a way to trust him again in that sort of a situation. Hopefully I’m wrong.
            Exactly... One game. He had a broken wrist/hand. Does that change your mind?

Comment

go ahead and keep drinking the kook aid. Have you ever heard about rational thinking/evaluation?
              Well, that is what I went to State for. Interesting that you think it's "rational" to refuse to trust a guy after one abysmal game, particularly when he'll own pretty much every offensive record by the time he's done, and you admit that your "evaluation" isn't grounded in any objective metric.

Comment

Exactly... One game. He had a broken wrist/hand. Does that change your mind?

You our guys are right. He is beyond reproach and I will slink back into my hole.

Comment

You our guys are right. He is beyond reproach and I will slink back into my hole.
                  No one is saying he's above reproach, but continual sphincter clenching does seem unhealthy and of questionable merit given his performance over the course of his entire career

Comment

I would love to hear your rational thinking/evaluation on this instead of merely citing one game.

Comment

I would love to hear your rational thinking/evaluation on this instead of merely citing one game.
                      Considering that has been the biggest game in program history I’d say it’s relevant. How about last weekend when he sailed a wide open receiver ( can’t remember who) in the SE end zone in OT? That could have easily cost us the game. Like I said, he’s good. But to give him a free pass like some want to is BS IMO. Have a good night.

Comment

Parade begins in 36 hours. None too soon I might add.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Considering that has been the biggest game in program history I’d say it’s relevant. How about last weekend when he sailed a wide open receiver ( can’t remember who) in the SE end zone in OT? That could have easily cost us the game. Like I said, he’s good. But to give him a free pass like some want to is BS IMO. Have a good night.
                          It would be BS if anyone was saying Christion should be given a free pass. Maybe we're just hoping you'll consider that he's thrown 300 more passes, 33 more TDs, and 3 fewer INTs than Berry, so maybe we should appreciate what we have. As for the incompletions, again, he's passing much more frequently than Berry did, so those will happen periodically.

Comment

Unbelievable! Here is a snippet of what I wrote on Monday in my weekly MVFC summary email to a group of SDSU football fans..."TC is a stud. There was one specific play I remember where they blitzed, we did not even lay a finger on the blitzer, so TC has a free runner in his face before he even hits the last step of his drop. TC throws the ball before his receiver is even looking for it, places it where only his receiver can catch it and completes it. It only went for about a 10-15 yard gain, but he turned a 5-7 yard loss into a first down. We will go as far as his shoulders can carry us."

I looked at one of the guys that I sit by, who knows football fairly well and is on that email group, and we both just said nobody in this stadium appreciates that play for how great it was. He's arguably the best QB in FCS and by all objective measurements the most accomplished QB in school history. Yet, somehow, he's still underappreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
                              Unbelievable! Here is a snippet of what I wrote on Monday in my weekly MVFC summary email to a group of SDSU football fans..."TC is a stud. There was one specific play I remember where they blitzed, we did not even lay a finger on the blitzer, so TC has a free runner in his face before he even hits the last step of his drop. TC throws the ball before his receiver is even looking for it, places it where only his receiver can catch it and completes it. It only went for about a 10-15 yard gain, but he turned a 5-7 yard loss into a first down. We will go as far as his shoulders can carry us."

I looked at one of the guys that I sit by, who knows football fairly well and is on that email group, and we both just said nobody in this stadium appreciates that play for how great it was. He's arguably the best QB in FCS and by all objective measurements the most accomplished QB in school history. Yet, somehow, he's still underappreciated.

Comment

Y'all are arguing with a dude whose first post on this board said that TJ doesn't have an offensive system that works. That team went on to score *checks notes* the 6th most points per game in all of D1. Don't expect things to make sense.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X