Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hobo Week - Youngstown State Penguins

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Wow. What a thread this has turned into.

Arguing over whether TC is the best QB ever at SDSU is like trying to piss up a rope. Neither side will budge and there is really no way to compare TC to Ryan Berry or Austin Sumner. TC's numbers are better sure, but the offense we run now compared to then is way different. Also, TC has the had the best receivers in the history of SDSU to throw to. Does that inflate his numbers or is TC the reason Weineke and Goedert's numbers are so good? While we are discussing that, let's also discuss what came first, the chicken or the egg.

There is little doubt this team is better because of TC, but he also has flaws that I think should be fair game. Someone pointed out the throw he missed in OT to the wide open receiver streaking towards the end zone. He missed that throw because he hurried and didn't set his feet. He thought he had less time then he did. If there is one criticism of TC that's it, IMO. Sometimes his footwork is suspect and that causes some missed throws. To be fair, I think he's improved a ton on that aspect since his freshman year.

Also, someone mentioned he played the JMU game with a broken hand/wrist. Is that proven fact? There's been speculation he had some sort of injury, but really that type of injury? How the hell do the coaches let him play with that? And if they let him give it a shot why does it take 10 turnovers before they pull him?
    I think this post sums up my opinion on TC. I did think that Lujan was a better passer TC's freshman year but TC's running put him over the top. I did wonder if TC would have 15 TO's last year and somebody said they were not worried about that. When you have the high powered offense that we have, there are bound to be mistakes. Last week, there was a fumble when we were running the RPO. That fumble was charged to the RB. Did TC hold on and the RB think he was going to keep it? Those things happen is the offense that we run. You will never see a perfect game.
    I was feeling that if the offense scored 30-35+ points we would win (just like last year) but last week has me wondering about that. I still feel that way. SDSU always lays and egg and hopefully this was it. It would be great if that was our "lay and egg" game and still get the win.
    We have YSU and home and then go to UNI and ISU(red). We should know by the where this team sits.

As for Youngstown State- I really hope that our LB's and safeties can shut down the running game better than last week. It is tough to see those long runs. I think I remember somebody saying that they hope the other team would score quickly, last year, to get the ball in the offenses hands. I don't know if those long runs or the other team grinding it out is worse but they both suck.
    I really felt our CB's would be a strength this year but I don't know about that anymore. It would be nice to get a couple CB's that could man up and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
      I guess I am looking for a guy we can trust, and I can't do that with him. Granted I'm jaded. Carry on. Call me a Austin Sumner kind of guy.
      Austin Sumner never beat NDSU and never got us past the second round of the playoffs.

Ryan Berry threw 5 interceptions in the first FBS game for SDSU, at the time the biggest game in SDSU history.

Let's not let one game ruin what has been a great career for TC

Comment

Well, at least they're doing something to get students to the game. If this doesn't have the student section overflowing, especially for Hobo Day... I have no faith in that generation.

https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status...73052617891842

Comment

I wonder if they have to be present to win? Winners will be announced during the 3rd/4th quarters.

Hope so! It would be nice to have them in the stands for the second half.

Comment

This is awesome. TBH though, besides the last game, the student section has been awesome. Anyone expecting a student section to stay full during blowouts are lying to themselves. Its the rest of our attendance that has me disappointed. Obviously we will see what happens in the cold games from here on out, but they definitely showed out for the first two home games I was at. I do think having an account with the following that a Barstool account has definitely helps to make the game more of a highlight for students to attend, even if I don't think our Barstool is all that outstanding.
            Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Well, at least they're doing something to get students to the game. If this doesn't have the student section overflowing, especially for Hobo Day... I have no faith in that generation.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
              I wonder if they have to be present to win? Winners will be announced during the 3rd/4th quarters.

Hope so! It would be nice to have them in the stands for the second half.
              It says, "students- all you have to do for a chance to win is be present".
              I would take that as being there during the drawings in the 3rd/4th quarters but they could mean be present to sign up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                Funny how some people want professional type abilities in college football players.
                IMHO, Taryn has a reasonable shot at playing pro football. Don’t know if NFL, but CFL or the arena teams would probably take a look. He keeps up numbers like through 5 games, I think it’ll come down to him and Stick for best offensive player in FCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a video to get you ready for Hobo Day. Idk if I would call it a hype video, but it's got some cool older footage, presumably all from past Hobo Day games.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                    Austin Sumner never beat NDSU and never got us past the second round of the playoffs.

Ryan Berry threw 5 interceptions in the first FBS game for SDSU, at the time the biggest game in SDSU history.

Let's not let one game ruin what has been a great career for TC
                    People ragged on Berry big time after that game.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This is an awesome idea and I sure hope the students turn out for this. They certainly should. But to give this all away for 1 game is a bit crazy. I would like to see a points system set up for giveaways like this. The more games you attend, the more points you get. The more points, the better chance at winning the grand prize(s) at the end of the year.

You'd have to guard against people coming to the game, scanning their ID, and then leaving. I always thought in order for this to work you'd have to scan then when they arrive but you don't get your points unless you also have a scan when you leave (during 4th quarter).

Sorry for any possible thread drift but at least this is a start to show people outside of athletic department are open to large incentives to get kids to the games!

Comment

Here's a video to get you ready for Hobo Day. Idk if I would call it a hype video, but it's got some cool older footage, presumably all from past Hobo Day games.

Great football over the years, I will be there tomorrow.

Comment

I wonder if this will count against our football scholarship alottment. Can whoever wins the tuition join the team for a year if they want to?

Comment

I love the :14 mark, and the late Wayne Haensel getting in someone face. That did not happen often enough though a very likeable guy like Coach Stig. God Bless the memory of Wayne Haensel as he was a players coach, a class gentleman, a great SDSU player, and a loyal alum.

Comment

I think TC is a stud as bits pointed out (and he would know) but if I have one criticism it's that it seems to my (untrained) eye that he tends to step out of bounds for a loss far too often when he could throw it away. Minor thing but it does drive me a bit nuts (mostly because I would expect that coaching should address this issue) but perhaps my perception is not reality?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                                I think TC is a stud as bits pointed out (and he would know) but if I have one criticism it's that it seems to my (untrained) eye that he tends to step out of bounds for a loss far too often when he could throw it away. Minor thing but it does drive me a bit nuts (mostly because I would expect that coaching should address this issue) but perhaps my perception is not reality?
                                Like Sumner holding the ball to look g took away to many sacks that could have been avoided.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X