Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Indiana State Firewood

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Hey I just watched the Indiana State game again. That's a pretty good football team. Watch the replay if you get the chance.
    Hardly cellar dwellers. We were lucky to win this one. Pierre Strong was very impressive with his run plays. What a surprise!
    Last edited by Nidaros; 10-09-2018, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      Also on gameday music topic, in my opinion a song with the following lyrics should never be played at an SDSU game:

Percocets
      Molly, Percocets
      Percocets
      Molly, Percocets
      Rep the set
      Gotta rep the set
      Chase a check
      Never chase a b*tch
      Mask on
      F*ck it, mask off
      Mask on
      F*ck it, mask off
      Percocets
      Molly, Percocets
      Chase a check
      Never chase a b*tch
      I too would like to know what kind of gooblygook music this is? I sat there the whole game and don't remember hearing something like this?

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
        I too would like to know what kind of gooblygook music this is? I sat there the whole game and don't remember hearing something like this?
        Nobody knows what it means but it's provocative... It get's the people goin!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
          I honestly don't know why we don't play "Jack Attack" non-stop throughout the game...

In all seriousness, the music selection has never been worth much at gamedays. It's not the time or place to be an amateur DJ, and there have been times some of the songs played at games have been the unedited versions. I haven't been to a game anywhere yet that the interim music has had an impact on the crowd. Situational or as a tradition (think VA Tech and "Enter Sandman"), sure. But we could lose all the "between play/pump up" music and be just fine, imo.
          I wasn't going to say anything since I couldn't think of specific examples, but I think I've also heard unedited versions of lyrics that I don't believe would pass radio standards.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Idk... Kids are either too young to understand the lyrics or old enough where they're listening to that type of music anyway. Listen to any top 40 station... There's stuff like this and worse everywhere. It's part of pop culture now and a lot of people enjoy it. It's part of being with the times.
            I like the song. I listen to it regularly in my playlist on my headphones at work and at the gym. That's why it struck me as poor judgement that they played it during a game.

There are plenty of other popular songs to choose from. Just my opinion.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I honestly don't know why we don't play "Jack Attack" non-stop throughout the game...
              Because it's terrible?
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                Because it's terrible?
                That was sarcastic, but I may not have made that clear.

Comment

Guys... Good news. According to Brown, in SDSU's defensive breakdown against Indiana State, there were no problems with scheme or play calling, but rather it was all the players' faults for being too flat. I'm so glad to hear that we don't have any issues with defensive play calling and scheme.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...ek/1608649002/

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    Guys... Good news. According to Brown, in SDSU's defensive breakdown against Indiana State, there were no problems with scheme or play calling, but rather it was all the players' faults for being too flat. I'm so glad to hear that we don't have any issues with defensive play calling and scheme.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...ek/1608649002/
                    Wasn't lost on me.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      Wasn't lost on me.
                      I think we played better, but I also think we coached better. 2 weeks ago we were very predictable coverage wise. It seemed Indiana State knew by personal, down and distance, and formation that we'd be in a coverage. I also thought we got better pressure from the front four this week and we also seemed to send 5 a little more often. Rozy put some serious heat on a few times. Coach Stig said we were in base most of the time. That may be true, but I think our coverage looks were less predictable. I plan on re-watching the game tonight and see if what I saw Saturday live is true. I also think Zy being back in the lineup gave us a boost.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                        I think we played better, but I also think we coached better. 2 weeks ago we were very predictable coverage wise. It seemed Indiana State knew by personal, down and distance, and formation that we'd be in a coverage. I also thought we got better pressure from the front four this week and we also seemed to send 5 a little more often. Rozy put some serious heat on a few times. Coach Stig said we were in base most of the time. That may be true, but I think our coverage looks were less predictable. I plan on re-watching the game tonight and see if what I saw Saturday live is true. I also think Zy being back in the lineup gave us a boost.
                        We were talking at the tailgate about the Indiana State game. Our theory is Stig was trying to not repeat the APB game and went conservative the whole game. And the team couldn't turn on the intensity when needed.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post

I was mildly buzzed, but your assessment what was I was thinking as I watched live.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

That was sarcastic, but I may not have made that clear.
                            I was thinking you were,bit thats one of those things I want clarified so I can maintain my level of admiration for the rest of your posts
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                            X