Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Indiana State Firewood

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    What's worse, the coaching staff being caught off guard by a fake punt at that point in the game, or the coaching staff not calling a timeout for not having enough players on the field for that play?
    We can count our blessings that Jacks won and hope that any communication issues that prevented calling a TO will be resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
      We can count our blessings that Jacks won and hope that any communication issues that prevented calling a TO will be resolved.
      Ultimately I agree, thankfully we get to work through the problems after a W and not a L. Heck, maybe this is are annual shart and it happened to be a win this year instead of a dreadful loss.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
        I don't think he's a liability now. I meant if his injury history is impacting pass coverage. I have been impressed with his stops in run defense multiple times.
        I had thought his stock on this board was going south so that why I bought up on side recovery. I am waiting for a Snyder pick six.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
          I just don't really get it with our D. It was just such a poor performance, all the way around.

It was just one game, and maybe it was just a bad day, and we'll see them return to form. But I'D say that if our D is yet again below average by season's end, we need a change in D Coordinator. All the talk this off season was how our D should be a strength, and should be the best we've fielded in several years. That still may be the case, so I'll reserve judgement until after the season. But it looks like more of same from that side of the ball. It's just inexcusable to constantly have a such an unreliable D in a conference that's built around running the ball and playing strong D.

Let's see if they can bounce back against a cornered Penguin team next week.
          This is a very concerning point to me. Youngstown is up against a wall and has to win. How do we limit the #1 team in the nation to 21 pts at home and then the next week give up 51 to a unranked team? To me it says our D coaches don't have the ability or are unwilling to change and adapt to personnel matchups? For God's sake would it kill us to bring the house every now and again? Giving up 3rd and longs gets real old.

Comment

I'm a good family friend of the Snyders. Brandon has had multiple injuries on his "bad" leg over the past 2 months. He was nursing a pulled hamstring all through camp and into September. And then early in the NDSU game he had a bursa sac rupture on that knee and then suffered a quad contusion all on that same leg. His brother sent me a pic this morning. It's a nasty black and blue and swollen like a pumpkin. Not sure we will see him next week. I'm not sure how to post a pic or I would. Tough kid. A year ago he returned after his first ACL in just 5 1/2 months. He re-tore his ACL in the first half and finished the game with it. He had 7 or 8 tackles a couple pass break ups and a 90 yd pick 6. I've obviously watched Brandon all through high lead his team to a first ever bb title and QB his football team to a title. He's a winner and a great young man. I think early he was pressing to jump a route and make the big play and wanted to make the big hit. I really thought he had a solid game until that long pass play that his leg gave out on. It was good to see him make a couple big stops after that. He had 5 or 6 solo tackles and lost a couple, one on the big 3rd down stop that he met their RB at the line of scrimmage, but we had a roughing the QB and he lost another one on the overturn of the QB crossing the end zone. His recovery on the onside was huge. He came from across the field to go get it. His family and Brandon have really felt welcomed by SDSU fans, coaches, and players. I really feel we will see him excel not just in the run game, but also the pass game as he gets healthy and continues to get comfortable with our system and teammates.

Comment

Originally posted by NWI_JACK View Post
              I'm a good family friend of the Snyders. Brandon has had multiple injuries on his "bad" leg over the past 2 months. He was nursing a pulled hamstring all through camp and into September. And then early in the NDSU game he had a bursa sac rupture on that knee and then suffered a quad contusion all on that same leg. His brother sent me a pic this morning. It's a nasty black and blue and swollen like a pumpkin. Not sure we will see him next week. I'm not sure how to post a pic or I would. Tough kid. A year ago he returned after his first ACL in just 5 1/2 months. He re-tore his ACL in the first half and finished the game with it. He had 7 or 8 tackles a couple pass break ups and a 90 yd pick 6. I've obviously watched Brandon all through high lead his team to a first ever bb title and QB his football team to a title. He's a winner and a great young man. I think early he was pressing to jump a route and make the big play and wanted to make the big hit. I really thought he had a solid game until that long pass play that his leg gave out on. It was good to see him make a couple big stops after that. He had 5 or 6 solo tackles and lost a couple, one on the big 3rd down stop that he met their RB at the line of scrimmage, but we had a roughing the QB and he lost another one on the overturn of the QB crossing the end zone. His recovery on the onside was huge. He came from across the field to go get it. His family and Brandon have really felt welcomed by SDSU fans, coaches, and players. I really feel we will see him excel not just in the run game, but also the pass game as he gets healthy and continues to get comfortable with our system and teammates.
              Thank you for this perspective. I hope Brandon makes a full recovery, and regardless of what happens, I've enjoyed watching the stops he's made and look forward to watching Jaden make similar ones in upcoming seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                This is a very concerning point to me. Youngstown is up against a wall and has to win. How do we limit the #1 team in the nation to 21 pts at home and then the next week give up 51 to a unranked team? To me it says our D coaches don't have the ability or are unwilling to change and adapt to personnel matchups? For God's sake would it kill us to bring the house every now and again? Giving up 3rd and longs gets real old.
                Yes, lack of blitzing has been a big concern. Their QB was way to comfortable. Hit him in the mouth a couple times early and I guarantee he would have gotten a little happy feet and would have thrown it a bit quicker or off target rushing it. I also don't under stand the multiple substitutions. I don't think you can ever gel as a unit playing 22 or 23 players in your regular rotation. Communication issues were apparent again on Saturday. I'm all for rotating some def linemen and maybe bring in an extra DB on 3rd and long. The talent is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                  The entire defense was bad tonight but if we don’t have a corner better than marshon Harris this team is not winning anything. Almost every time there is a big pass play it is against Harris. He gets beat all the time. And not only this week the big pass plays last week and the big pass interference last week was against him. He is a liability. We need to find someone that can play opposite brown and somewhat hold his own.
                  Completely agree with this. He was baaaaad.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post
                    I honestly think a lot of this goes on the defensive coaches. Our scheme didn't look like it existed and I'm guessing that some of the defensive coaches thought our guys needed extra work after the loss at NDSU and spent a lot of extra time running our players around worrying too much about effort and not coaching on technique and scheme. Our defense as a whole looked tremendously slow and tired, especially at linebacker and we know we do have some really good players on defense.

I don't want to start on the officiating, but this validates the old belief that it isn't "what you know", it is "who you know". I don't think that crew could have effectively called a junior high game last night. I think this was the first time in my life I've ever been to a game when I remember only one penalty for an offensive lineman holding.
                    Anyone that starts pointing at the officials for this game is as guilty as stig for needing to "put on their big boy pants". The officials had nothing to do with Indiana State putting up 48 on us. That team got shutout at home by UNI last week.
                    Also, this is the same crew that reffed the UAPB game. I didn't hear much about this crew then. The fact that this game was close at the end magnified every call. I do agree that there were some questionable calls. But there are in every game.
                    The Jacks should have put the foot on the throat when up 18 late. That honestly is the most concerning thing for me looking back. We had multiple chances to put them away and seperate further and couldn't get it done. If only we had better officials right? SMH

Comment

Originally posted by He hate me View Post
                      Anyone that starts pointing at the officials for this game is as guilty as stig for needing to "put on their big boy pants". The officials had nothing to do with Indiana State putting up 48 on us. That team got shutout at home by UNI last week.
                      Also, this is the same crew that reffed the UAPB game. I didn't hear much about this crew then. The fact that this game was close at the end magnified every call. I do agree that there were some questionable calls. But there are in every game.
                      The Jacks should have put the foot on the throat when up 18 late. That honestly is the most concerning thing for me looking back. We had multiple chances to put them away and seperate further and couldn't get it done. If only we had better officials right? SMH
                      He didn't say anything about how the officials were the reason we almost lost... he was just pointing out how terrible they were, and it was completely valid. I could care less what the outcome was, they were terrible and made many very questionable calls.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        He didn't say anything about how the officials were the reason we almost lost... he was just pointing out how terrible they were, and it was completely valid. I could care less what the outcome was, they were terrible and made many very questionable calls.
                        That's fair. Jacks had an off day, refs had an off day. Wish I could say I never have them.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                          Ultimately I agree, thankfully we get to work through the problems after a W and not a L. Heck, maybe this is are annual shart and it happened to be a win this year instead of a dreadful loss.
                          I hope that was annual stinker at home game. I think next week will determine if it was or just a lead up to our hobo day disappointment again.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            I hope that was annual stinker at home game. I think next week will determine if it was or just a lead up to our hobo day disappointment again.
                            hmmm you might be on to something. This could be a Penquin breakout game.

Comment

I'm hopeful that between what happened on Saturday, and what happened in Youngstown last season, the team comes out fired up and focused. If Saturday was mostly due to motivation and lack of focus, I'd expect a good bounce back. If it was more than that, then this could be trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                                I'm hopeful that between what happened on Saturday, and what happened in Youngstown last season, the team comes out fired up and focused. If Saturday was mostly due to motivation and lack of focus, I'd expect a good bounce back. If it was more than that, then this could be trouble.
                                Exactly. We will know Saturday which one it was.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X