Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Indiana State Firewood

So....that happened...
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Here's my overreaction post of the game: Although this was an exceptionally bad performance by our D, this type of dynamic (Very good O and poor D) has been in place with our program for a while. Though we've had some strong performances, we've had more games like this one tonight. I think underwhelming D may just be a calling card of our program. That isn't likely to change anytime soon, and it will be what separates us from being an elite team. I don't know if it's athletes, coaching, or something else, but games like tonight don't point to any sort or long term improvement on that side of the ball.

Now for my level headed take: I do think our pass rush is better than the last few years, and our D line seems improved. Perhaps the D just had a really terrible, unfocused game, and they got it out of their system. Maybe it will be a wake up call, and they'll come out on fire for the rest of the month....Or maybe they'll play a couple more strong games this fall, and put up a couple more clunkers too, just like the last 5 years. We are consistently inconsistent on D. Time will tell if 2018 will be any different, but tonight's performance seems to indicate otherwise.

Comment

Seriously feels like we lost this game. Almost feel bad for the Trees, as they deserved to win.

After some games there is the sentiment that you should just "burn the film." Not this one. Study the absolute crap out of it and find out where the hell the defender was supposed to be. Half the time it seemed as if we were out of position.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

The biggest play of the game was the on-side kick recovery by Brandon Synder. Without that play the momentum of the game would have shifted to a two TD loss to ISU-Blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            Seriously feels like we lost this game. Almost feel bad for the Trees, as they deserved to win.

After some games there is the sentiment that you should just "burn the film." Not this one. Study the absolute crap out of it and find out where the hell the defender was supposed to be. Half the time it seemed as if we were out of position.
            I can honestly say I have never been this mad/disappointed after a win.

Comment

I won’t repeat what was already said, but that was soo disappointing.

PS. Please to the person running the music in between plays, for all that is good quit playing when we are on offense (and during plays).
              Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 10-07-2018, 09:15 AM.

Comment

I see St. Stig assessed the defense as "average at best." That itself is COMPLETELY ASININE. Call it like it is, man. Pathetic is the ONLY word to describe the defense tonight. Put on your big boy pants, man. "Fraudulent at best" would be an honest description.
                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

At one point in Stigs post game he mentioned, and almost seemed to blame the offense for not being able to get a 1st down to close out the game. This is ridiculous! What offense has ever deserved critisim for scoring 54 points! That D was atrocious! Like Jack fan96 stated, call it like it is! Stig needs to grow some balls and call out the guys that didn't show up whether it's offense, defense, special teams or coaches. Stop F***ing sugar coating and dodging questions and be man. I'm pretty sure everyone that's a part of that team is a big boy and can own up to mistakes, this needs to change for this team to reach expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

I left the game at half since, I did not want to jeopardize my health by sitting in the near freezing temps, but watched the second half at home on Midco. I thought Hank McCall, with some of his comments, had really bailed on the home team, but he was being totally honest. Bulldog said it could be a trap game and it was. You have to give the trees some credit, they will no doubt win more games than last year. Their team is very well coached and I give them credit for a near upset. I think there is a great deal to learn from this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5ySAuw3yR4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8modfkW5X4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrC6Imm4YEY
                    Last edited by Nidaros; 10-07-2018, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      TD Jacks...What a shame.. Indiana State deserved that one.
                      Indiana St deserved it because their defense played so much better than ours?

It looks to me like any of the 10 teams can win on any given saturday against anyone else. Except maybe the Bison. And we almost had a win up there again. But i bet no bison fans felt sorry for us and we deservedto win it. We stunk last night but we got a win. Thats what counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                        Here's my overreaction post of the game: Although this was an exceptionally bad performance by our D, this type of dynamic (Very good O and poor D) has been in place with our program for a while. Though we've had some strong performances, we've had more games like this one tonight. I think underwhelming D may just be a calling card of our program. That isn't likely to change anytime soon, and it will be what separates us from being an elite team. I don't know if it's athletes, coaching, or something else, but games like tonight don't point to any sort or long term improvement on that side of the ball.

Now for my level headed take: I do think our pass rush is better than the last few years, and our D line seems improved. Perhaps the D just had a really terrible, unfocused game, and they got it out of their system. Maybe it will be a wake up call, and they'll come out on fire for the rest of the month....Or maybe they'll play a couple more strong games this fall, and put up a couple more clunkers too, just like the last 5 years. We are consistently inconsistent on D. Time will tell if 2018 will be any different, but tonight's performance seems to indicate otherwise.
                        Pre-gamed with some root beer, so my memory could be fuzzy, but it seemed like Jacks made more defensive substitutions earlier than "normal" (understand this could be misperception, as blowout wins had Stig substituting accordingly). I don't know if this was due to weather or players being nicked up. I recall Rozeboom going to sideline with what appeared to be a left arm/shoulder injury following a long gain by the Sycamores, but he did return later in game.

Those substitutions could've impacted the "flow" on defense. The secondary was disappointing this game, but I'll withhold judgment, as they had admirable moments on road at NDSU. In the interim, I'll chalk this up to facing an impressive QB-RB combo that perhaps took the Jacks by surprise in 2nd half, questionable officiating (e.g., one-sided PI and holding calls), and occasional poor defensive play.

Comment

Everyone has thoughts and comments on the game but “JacksBacker” post hit the nail on the head. Stig needs to coach and stop with the excuses and sugar coating of the team. He is supposedly a defensive HC yet year after year the defense is very average and the offensive must out score the opponents to win the game then Stig blames the offense for not running out the clock. Change your damn defensive scheme, players or coaches if you get the same results and be the HC.

Comment

Whomever made the call on this being a let down game... Great call. I've never been so wrong on a take. That's exactly what this game was. They thought they could take a game off after a really tough game against NDSU. What's concerning is how they didn't correct things after getting punched in the mouth in the first half. However, as we saw a few weeks ago with the Bills and Vikings, once you get a team on their heels it can be tough to adjust even if you're a lot better than the other team.

Comment

It's been 12 hours, and a good night's sleep and this W doesn't feel any better.

The team, coaches, and fans(looks in mirror) all seemed to be just going through the motions and it showed.

I will give props to our OL, RB's, AA and Kal...they all played their asses off. TC wanted nothing to do with running the ball today, so thankfully we kept trying to run him, I'm not even going to touch that QB Power call at the end. I would also like to see Cade fight for balls more, he hasn't really been fighting for those 50/50 type balls (see that ball in the EZ last week against the Bison as well). Thankfully our O is so talented that they can still put up 54 nonchalantly like they did last night.

I can't really comprehend what we were trying to accomplish on defense, our Corner's were playing 10-12 yards of the LOS and still dropping back, the Safeties were non-existent again. It seemed like the LB's were always way off the LOS as well. It's like we were dropping 7 back in deep zone the entire game or something. Besides not making plays, they coaches weren't even putting them into spots to make the plays. IDK if the coaches never figured out it wasn't working our just figured we would get lucky at get some turnovers, sad either way.

Thank good we didn't put on this performance last week, that would've been a bloodbath for the ages. Hopefully this was the stinker game that we put on each year and we just happened to win it this time? Hopefully this will be a wake up call to the boys in blue moving forwards into Valley play.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                I won’t repeat what was already said, but that was soo disappointing.

PS. Please to the person running the music in between plays, for all that is good quit playing when we are on offense.
                                I believe the Jacks could've been flagged for playing the music late [Section 2(b)(5) (pg. FR-95)]. Hoping that's rectified moving forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X