Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Indiana State Firewood

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Completely agree with this. He was baaaaad.
    Malik Lofton played quite a bit and I thought outplayed Marshon. Zy has been better this year but was dinged up and didn't play this week. I don't think Don Gardner's ankle is 100% yet or he would likely be getting a chance. I see Ti'Jaih Davis saw his first game action. Not sure if a true freshman is the answer at corner.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I think Saturday’s game provides some evidence that the teams at the bottom of the conference standings may be the best bottom dwellers since we joined the MVFC. Indiana State had some very good athletes coached by guys who figured out how to beat the Jacks. Film from this game will be instructive for opponents the remainder of the season. Of course that also means our team has the same film to study in order to make adjustments.

Indiana State’s QB and running back, the Sycamore O line, the linebacker #46 Griffith—were playing good MVFC football. I’m not going to heap criticism on the Jacks after focusing on what ISUb was doing in its upset bid.

I think a few posters have noted that we did what the very good teams do: we hung on to win against a team that wasn’t going to quit. It wasn’t that long ago we watched a few games like that slip away.

By all rights, ISU should win a few games. Whether that will happen...well it’s Valley football in a particularly tough year.

Comment

One question that is on my mind is where is Zo? He had four interceptions and made plenty of plays last year. On Saturday, Tyler Demartra got in the game before he did. I was surprised to see Demartra out there so I watched him. It looked like he was responsible for the slot receiver but they may have also been in a zone. Instead of staying in his zone, playing the middle of the field, Demartra bit on the out-breaking route and then tried to recover to get the outside receiving running a post but he was too late and the receiver easily made the catch between Demartra and Snyder.

I can't imagine Zo making this type of silly mistake. I agree that all the subbing on the backend needs to stop. Right now Manchigiah is our best safety and he needs to be on the field. I really really liked what I saw from Brandon Snyder the first few weeks of the season but if his knee needs some rest then give it a week off and a chance to recover. Right now he is a liability in the pass game even if he is great in the run game.

I'm very disappointed in the safety play overall outside of the Montana St game. This group has too much experience to be making these types of errors. It is hard to know how much of it is scheme, how much is mental errors, and how much of it is physical limitations. Regardless, it has to be better.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          One question that is on my mind is where is Zo? He had four interceptions and made plenty of plays this year. On Saturday, Tyler Demartra got in the game before he did. I was surprised to see Demartra out there so I watched him. It looked like he was responsible for the slot receiver but they may have also been in a zone. Instead of staying in his zone, playing the middle of the field, Demartra bit on the out-breaking route and then tried to recover to get the outside receiving running a post but he was too late and the receiver easily made the catch between Demartra and Snyder.

I can't imagine Zo making this type of silly mistake. I agree that all the subbing on the backend needs to stop. Right now Manchigiah is our best safety and he needs to be on the field. I really really liked what I saw from Brandon Snyder the first few weeks of the season but if his knee needs some rest then give it a week off and a chance to recover. Right now he is a liability in the pass game even if he is great in the run game.

I'm very disappointed in the safety play overall outside of the Montana St game. This group has too much experience to be making these types of errors. It is hard to know how much of it is scheme, how much is mental errors, and how much of it is physical limitations. Regardless, it has to be better.
          Zo replaced Snyder after that long pass w/ about 1 minute left in the game.

Comment

Try not to get too over-excited... it was a poor performance on the defensive side, and I'm sure the players are aware of it, and own it.

I honestly think they came out a bit flat, not expecting much from their offense, and it bit them. Then, they settled in a bit, played much better, and the Jackrabbits pulled ahead by 18.

then, they relaxed...and ISU hit some big plays... and then it was just a funk.

Also wanted to jump on the officiating train... NOT saying that they were the reason for the performance, at all... However, on many of the QB's scrambles... their wideouts were blatantly holding downfield. Shoot, on that first TD on the QB bootleg... their wideout tackled our DB in the End Zone. Tackled. And they were letting their DB's get away with a TON of contact on our WR's. Probably 3-4 PI penalties that we'd normally see thrown, that weren't.

It was a poor performance on the defensive side. No doubt. Learn from it, get better, don't let it happen again. It's an emotional game. Got caught up in the wrong side of it.
            (also, looked to me like Rozeboom wasn't himself... he missed some tackles he normally makes. I know he had a brace or something on one of his arms, but he got shook and missed some angles he normally doesn't... I hope he's healthy and it was just a poor game, he played really well at NDSU.)

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              Malik Lofton played quite a bit and I thought outplayed Marshon. Zy has been better this year but was dinged up and didn't play this week. I don't think Don Gardner's ankle is 100% yet or he would likely be getting a chance. I see Ti'Jaih Davis saw his first game action. Not sure if a true freshman is the answer at corner.
              Idk if I want to see a true freshman at corner either but if that’s what it takes to have someone better than Harris out there than that’s what it takes. I was happy to see Lofton get some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                Idk if I want to see a true freshman at corner either but if that’s what it takes to have someone better than Harris out there than that’s what it takes. I was happy to see Lofton get some time.
                Didn't we get a transfer from NC State? Banks or something like that? Probably doesn't matter much with our defensive scheme...
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  Didn't we get a transfer from NC State? Banks or something like that? Probably doesn't matter much with our defensive scheme...
                  Ya but he can’t help us this year.

Comment

Ya but he can’t help us this year.
                    He is eligible right now and played against Arkansas Pine Bluff.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      Yeah, not sure why Banks isn't playing more. He only played in the UAPB game. I thought the plan was to use him in the redzone to blanket big receivers and contest fades but obviously something is not going right for him not to be out there. Sort of surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        He is eligible right now and played against Arkansas Pine Bluff.
                        For some reason I was thinking he had to sit out this year. My bad

Comment

For some reason I was thinking he had to sit out this year. My bad
                          Insiders have said he's just not one of our top 4 or 5 corners.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                            And the weekly depth chart.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                              Brown-Lofton- Harris- Mosley- Gardner- then maybe Banks? I'm interested to see if Ti'Jaih continues to get reps.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                                I believe the Jacks could've been flagged for playing the music late [Section 2(b)(5) (pg. FR-95)]. Hoping that's rectified moving forward.
                                This needs to get corrected. Was insane how they continued to play loud music throughout entire plays.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X