GDT: Indiana State Firewood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Indiana State Firewood

Also on gameday music topic, in my opinion a song with the following lyrics should never be played at an SDSU game:

Percocets
    Molly, Percocets
    Percocets
    Molly, Percocets
    Rep the set
    Gotta rep the set
    Chase a check
    Never chase a b*tch
    Mask on
    F*ck it, mask off
    Mask on
    F*ck it, mask off
    Percocets
    Molly, Percocets
    Chase a check
    Never chase a b*tch
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      Also on gameday music topic, in my opinion a song with the following lyrics should never be played at an SDSU game:

Percocets
      Molly, Percocets
      Percocets
      Molly, Percocets
      Rep the set
      Gotta rep the set
      Chase a check
      Never chase a b*tch
      Mask on
      F*ck it, mask off
      Mask on
      F*ck it, mask off
      Percocets
      Molly, Percocets
      Chase a check
      Never chase a b*tch
      They didn't play the unedited version, did they? If it was edited, I don't think it's a problem.

Comment

Percocets
        Molly, Percocets
        Percocets
        Molly, Percocets
        Rep the set
        Gotta rep the set
        Chase a check
        Never chase a b*tch
        Mask on
        F*ck it, mask off
        Mask on
        F*ck it, mask off
        Percocets
        Molly, Percocets
        Chase a check
        Never chase a b*tch
        What sort of crap song would have lyrics like that? But then again I like alcohol from bare naked ladies and codeine from trampled by turtles.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I don’t have a clue about the music. I do know this. I was listening to 1660AM today. Jeremy and Jeff spoke of SDSU as though we lost to Indiana State. Well, we almost did. Though very knowledgeable about the FCS field, I think they are clueless about coaching change made at ISUblue in late 2016 or 2017 namely hiring Curt Mallory. Who is Curt Mallory? He has spent 20 years as an assistant in B10 schools. He even spent 2 years as assistant under Craig Bohl at Wyoming. His father Bill Mallory is the most winning coach at B10 Indiana 1984-1996. Plus two brothers coaching in the NFL. I was impressed with Coach Mallory in Saturday’s post game presser. Last year ISUblue was 0-11. This year I predict they could be 6-5 at year end. I really think this team is no longer the basement dweller. They are a program moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by NWI_JACK View Post
            I'm a good family friend of the Snyders. Brandon has had multiple injuries on his "bad" leg over the past 2 months. He was nursing a pulled hamstring all through camp and into September. And then early in the NDSU game he had a bursa sac rupture on that knee and then suffered a quad contusion all on that same leg. His brother sent me a pic this morning. It's a nasty black and blue and swollen like a pumpkin. Not sure we will see him next week. I'm not sure how to post a pic or I would. Tough kid. A year ago he returned after his first ACL in just 5 1/2 months. He re-tore his ACL in the first half and finished the game with it. He had 7 or 8 tackles a couple pass break ups and a 90 yd pick 6. I've obviously watched Brandon all through high lead his team to a first ever bb title and QB his football team to a title. He's a winner and a great young man. I think early he was pressing to jump a route and make the big play and wanted to make the big hit. I really thought he had a solid game until that long pass play that his leg gave out on. It was good to see him make a couple big stops after that. He had 5 or 6 solo tackles and lost a couple, one on the big 3rd down stop that he met their RB at the line of scrimmage, but we had a roughing the QB and he lost another one on the overturn of the QB crossing the end zone. His recovery on the onside was huge. He came from across the field to go get it. His family and Brandon have really felt welcomed by SDSU fans, coaches, and players. I really feel we will see him excel not just in the run game, but also the pass game as he gets healthy and continues to get comfortable with our system and teammates.
            Thank you for the details. Some us need to bite our tongues. The on side was indeed huge.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              They didn't play the unedited version, did they? If it was edited, I don't think it's a problem.
              My issue is... if we want a family friendly environment maybe they shouldn't play songs glorifying drug use. We are in the middle of an opioid overdose crisis, if the news is to be believed.

Its poor judgement, IMO. Then again, playing songs over the speakers at full blast for entire plays is also bad judgement.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

The KC Star fb scoring summary from Saturday had ISU 51 - SDSU 48 OT as the final!

Comment

My issue is... if we want a family friendly environment maybe they shouldn't play songs glorifying drug use. We are in the middle of an opioid overdose crisis, if the news is to be believed.

Its poor judgement, IMO. Then again, playing songs over the speakers at full blast for entire plays is also bad judgement.
                  I am in agreement, poor judgement but no one plays Glenn Miller music now days even if Miller was from Clarinda Iowa

Comment

I honestly don't know why we don't play "Jack Attack" non-stop throughout the game...

In all seriousness, the music selection has never been worth much at gamedays. It's not the time or place to be an amateur DJ, and there have been times some of the songs played at games have been the unedited versions. I haven't been to a game anywhere yet that the interim music has had an impact on the crowd. Situational or as a tradition (think VA Tech and "Enter Sandman"), sure. But we could lose all the "between play/pump up" music and be just fine, imo.

Comment

Stig show on right now. I am streaming it through the WNAX website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                        Stig show on right now. I am streaming it through the WNAX website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Tweet your Questions to Tyler https://twitter.com/tylermerriam

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          I am in agreement, poor judgement but no one plays Glenn Miller music now days even if Miller was from Clarinda Iowa
                          I listen to Glenn Miller and benny Goodman on pandora. When we have dinner. Shut off the TV and let the kids listen to music when we talk and eat.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Idk... Kids are either too young to understand the lyrics or old enough where they're listening to that type of music anyway. Listen to any top 40 station... There's stuff like this and worse everywhere. It's part of pop culture now and a lot of people enjoy it. It's part of being with the times.

Comment

Percocets
                              Molly, Percocets
                              Percocets
                              Molly, Percocets
                              Rep the set
                              Gotta rep the set
                              Chase a check
                              Never chase a b*tch
                              Mask on
                              F*ck it, mask off
                              Mask on
                              F*ck it, mask off
                              Percocets
                              Molly, Percocets
                              Chase a check
                              Never chase a b*tch
                              That just sounds like good advice to me.

Comment

Hey I just watched the Indiana State game again. That's a pretty good football team. Watch the replay if you get the chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X