Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ NDSU Phonetically-Challenged Buffalo

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    So, rumor has it, once Eidsness got back to Brookings, he went on a spree and found every swing in town to have a quick swing on each one. Then once he exhausted all of his swing options, he stopped by the batting cage and indoor golf areas to get some swings in. After that, he heard about a swing dancing club and he just had to go. He was last seen entering a party with his wife and putting his keys in a bowl by the door.
    Haha! Bring back Luke Meadows? (Just kidding.)
    This space for lease.

Comment

Don't forget, they knew they were in total control the entire game so they held back, not wanting to show too much to any future playoff teams. That includes the 61 yard run, they allowed it knowing they would be able to come back, re-take the lead and go back to cruise control.

There are some odd folks who are Bison fans, no other way to put it.

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
      To be honest:

I don't know how the Jackrabbits were able to stay that close to them.

Obviously, their Coaches are better
      Their QB is better for sure.
      Their RB's are far superior.
      Better playmakers at wideouts.
      Line play? Please... the only guys the Jackrabbits have are guys the mighty Bison rejected.

On the defensive side, no one moves the ball on the mighty Bison front 7, who are both impossible to run, or pass on.
      And their defensive backfield is stocked with NFL level talent. They would probably stop the Chiefs, they are so good.

The only thing that keeps opponents in the game are:
      1. Bullcrap penalties on the Bison. We all know their players have been too well trained by their expert coaching staff to NEVER do anything illegal.
      and
      2. Dirty plays and cheap shots by their opponents (particularly SDSU... who had beaten them 2 of 3, coincidence?)

In fact, the Bison are so great and powerful, I don't even know why they have the games. Their fans should just show up and have a victory party every week. There is really no point in the players taking the field. If the players actually take the field, we already know what will happen. Because no one, in the history of the sport, has been as good as them.

There has never been a greater program in history. They should be elevated above all other programs for eternity. They exist for others to wish they were that good.

***There may be SOME sarcasm in this post after listening/reading NDSU fans posts and opinions on this game.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
        Don't forget, they knew they were in total control the entire game so they held back, not wanting to show too much to any future playoff teams. That includes the 61 yard run, they allowed it knowing they would be able to come back, re-take the lead and go back to cruise control.

There are some odd folks who are Bison fans, no other way to put it.
        Stick also missed on some throws intentionally so other teams don't key in on the passing game too much. Bold strategy I know...

Seriously, though...great game by to great teams. I really thought you guys would be down this year given the NFL caliber players you lost...but it does not appear to be the case. By all accounts it looks like you guys are here to stay permanently. I'm glad this game was in the dome. How easily this game could have had a different outcome...that dropped pass on the slant...he might still be running if he caught it. We needed that interception when we got it...wow were we on our heels. I was surprised you guys didn't try to stretch the field a little more...not big passes...but it sure seemed we had no answer to the 10-15 yd passes. Good game and I'm glad we came away with the victory. I watched the postgame with the Jacks and Stig...very classy. Good luck with the rest of the season...get yourselves on the other side of the bracket!

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
          I was surprised you guys didn't try to stretch the field a little more...not big passes...but it sure seemed we had no answer to the 10-15 yd passes.
          Preach! You're not the only one that was surprised. The play calling late in the game was not only conservative, but cowardly. I know that NDSU's D line had something to do with that, because they started to get consistent pressure. However, when we got the ball down by 4 with a few minutes left and go with 2 run plays and a swing pass?! Inexcusable. Let TC do his thing. Get him on the move and let him either dissect the defense or use his feet. I don't want to complain too much, because it was a good game and we played well, but it's just frustrating.

Comment

Preach! You're not the only one that was surprised. The play calling late in the game was not only conservative, but cowardly. I know that NDSU's D line had something to do with that, because they started to get consistent pressure. However, when we got the ball down by 4 with a few minutes left and go with 2 run plays and a swing pass?! Inexcusable. Let TC do his thing. Get him on the move and let him either dissect the defense or use his feet. I don't want to complain too much, because it was a good game and we played well, but it's just frustrating.
            The Runs (NOT UP THE MIDDLE) were working, The swing PASS should have been retired when Zenner left (Also any screens that happen 2-5yds behind the LOS )

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              The Runs (NOT UP THE MIDDLE) were working, The swing PASS should have been retired when Zenner left (Also any screens that happen 2-5yds behind the LOS )

Which equated to 3 of 12 for 3rd down conversions. (this is sad)

Comment

This is good. With a name like Krockett Krolikowski he was destined to be a beast. He played really well on Saturday, love the attitude/swagger.

https://twitter.com/justindhansen/st...460281858?s=21

Comment

This is good. With a name like Krockett Krolikowski he was destined to be a beast. He played really well on Saturday, love the attitude/swagger.

https://twitter.com/justindhansen/st...460281858?s=21
                  Who was the lineman who did the roping a calf rodeo celebration after a sack? Wasn't batten was it? Which I though makes a pretty good sack celebration.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Who was the lineman who did the roping a calf rodeo celebration after a sack? Wasn't batten was it? Which I though makes a pretty good sack celebration.
                    Wasn't that Soulek?
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      Wasn't that Soulek?
                      Soulek did a salute.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Soulek did a baseball swing and salute i think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I always say...don't go on Bisonville...and then I do....that is one of the dumbest contingents of people on the face of the planet. They are just straight up stupid. Its like reading the SNL skit of Da' Bears crossed with Beavis and Butthead. I promise I''ll never go back.
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post

Maybe 5 or 10 years ago.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post

Oh ya, that's right.

I also realized I was thinking of Jared Allen.

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Its no fun losing to NDSU. We lost 17 in a row between 1976 and 1992. Some of those games were over at half time, but this past Saturday was so different. The Jacks went toe to toe with some very young players and NDSU had many seniors. I said on facebook that the losing 25 seniors is not necessarily a goody in my book as they have guys we know little about waiting in the wings. Its going to take a major, major scandal or a change in administrative policy to end the Bison dominance. What kind of president would give up on football since it is such a huge money maker. 18860 butts in the seats has got to make some money. I am repeating another post that I thought the improvements in recruiting are reasons for confident feeling on this board. No one seems to second guessing coaching or players or none of that stuff. Lets run the tables and see what happens. And God Bless C.J. Wilson and Krockett Krolikowski, they and their team mates are the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X