GDT: @ NDSU Phonetically-Challenged Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ NDSU Phonetically-Challenged Buffalo

Also, I'll eat my crow now. I honestly thought SDSU was going to get curb-stomped. The D, although giving up a few big plays, and with the exception of not containing Stick, played way better than I thought it would.

Didn't see any unique plays using Cade Johnson, was kinda surprised by that.

Much like the wildcat became, I hope I never see a swing pass on 3rd again.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

These three plays man:

1. Stick running for the first down on 3rd and 21 or whatever it was. I'll admit it gave me flashbacks and made me think "here we go again". The boys fought through it though.

2. The INT in the end zone, nuff said.

3. The ball going through Cade's hands on the deep bomb. It would've made it 14 all, plus taking the top of the D like that swings momentum our way again.

Like I said though, what if's are part of football. The game played in the Fargodome this afternoon was the definition of "grown man" football, both teams were extremely physical.

Comment

Also, every time I watch another team's broadcast, it makes me appreciate Tom Nieman so much more. He is such a pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          Losing to NDSU is sickening. Every time.

However, today showed me that this Jacks team is legit - and I just was not 100% sure about that a few hours ago. Lots of newcomers showed what they had. Now we go into the MVFC grind where there’s no room to relax for a week.
          Yes are very legitimate

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
            These three plays man:

1. Stick running for the first down on 3rd and 21 or whatever it was. I'll admit it gave me flashbacks and made me think "here we go again". The boys fought through it though.

2. The INT in the end zone, nuff said.

3. The ball going through Cade's hands on the deep bomb. It would've made it 14 all, plus taking the top of the D like that swings momentum our way again.

Like I said though, what if's are part of football. The game played in the Fargodome this afternoon was the definition of "grown man" football, both teams were extremely physical.
            There was a run, I believe it might have been one of Stick's, where I'm almost certain Brown was blocked in the back. I'm not sure he would've made the tackle, but it seemed pretty blatant.

After the first long conversion, I wondered if Jacks might move safety closer to the line of scrimmage to help contain outside runs.

Speaking of safeties, was anyone else surprised by the one commentator (believe his name was Timmerman) was a Snyder? Apparently NDSU must've keyed on him when they played the Hawkeyes, and the announcer indicated they planned to do so again.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
              Also, every time I watch another team's broadcast, it makes me appreciate Tom Nieman so much more. He is such a pro.
              Plus he gets bonus points for referring to Brad Newitt as "Newitt" during BB games.

Comment

To be honest:

I don't know how the Jackrabbits were able to stay that close to them.

Obviously, their Coaches are better
                Their QB is better for sure.
                Their RB's are far superior.
                Better playmakers at wideouts.
                Line play? Please... the only guys the Jackrabbits have are guys the mighty Bison rejected.

On the defensive side, no one moves the ball on the mighty Bison front 7, who are both impossible to run, or pass on.
                And their defensive backfield is stocked with NFL level talent. They would probably stop the Chiefs, they are so good.

The only thing that keeps opponents in the game are:
                1. Bullcrap penalties on the Bison. We all know their players have been too well trained by their expert coaching staff to NEVER do anything illegal.
                and
                2. Dirty plays and cheap shots by their opponents (particularly SDSU... who had beaten them 2 of 3, coincidence?)

In fact, the Bison are so great and powerful, I don't even know why they have the games. Their fans should just show up and have a victory party every week. There is really no point in the players taking the field. If the players actually take the field, we already know what will happen. Because no one, in the history of the sport, has been as good as them.

There has never been a greater program in history. They should be elevated above all other programs for eternity. They exist for others to wish they were that good.

***There may be SOME sarcasm in this post after listening/reading NDSU fans posts and opinions on this game.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  To be honest:

I don't know how the Jackrabbits were able to stay that close to them.

Obviously, their Coaches are better
                  Their QB is better for sure.
                  Their RB's are far superior.
                  Better playmakers at wideouts.
                  Line play? Please... the only guys the Jackrabbits have are guys the mighty Bison rejected.

On the defensive side, no one moves the ball on the mighty Bison front 7, who are both impossible to run, or pass on.
                  And their defensive backfield is stocked with NFL level talent. They would probably stop the Chiefs, they are so good.

The only thing that keeps opponents in the game are:
                  1. Bullcrap penalties on the Bison. We all know their players have been too well trained by their expert coaching staff to NEVER do anything illegal.
                  and
                  2. Dirty plays and cheap shots by their opponents (particularly SDSU... who had beaten them 2 of 3, coincidence?)

In fact, the Bison are so great and powerful, I don't even know why they have the games. Their fans should just show up and have a victory party every week. There is really no point in the players taking the field. If the players actually take the field, we already know what will happen. Because no one, in the history of the sport, has been as good as them.

There has never been a greater program in history. They should be elevated above all other programs for eternity. They exist for others to wish they were that good.

***There may be SOME sarcasm in this post after listening/reading NDSU fans posts and opinions on this game.
                  Don't forget to include how scared of physical contact everybody is but the Bison -- Those announcers.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                    Losing to NDSU is sickening. Every time.

However, today showed me that this Jacks team is legit - and I just was not 100% sure about that a few hours ago. Lots of newcomers showed what they had. Now we go into the MVFC grind where there’s no room to relax for a week.
                    My sentiments exactly, the Jacks are for real.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                      Call plays to ****ing win the game...this is all on the ****ing coaches.
                      Glad somebody else didn't like the aww shucks attitude at the end of the first half.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                        Glad somebody else didn't like the aww shucks attitude at the end of the first half.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
                        The ESPN guy thought it was a little lame to tell the truth too.

Comment

Losing sucks but overall I’m ok with the game. I was unsure how good we were but I think we proved we are legit. TBH we pry shoulda won that game. Self inflicted mistakes cost us (int in the end zone, Cades dropped ball, and some bad third down conversions). All things we can clean up.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Losing sucks but overall I’m ok with the game. I was unsure how good we were but I think we proved we are legit. TBH we pry shoulda won that game. Self inflicted mistakes cost us (int in the end zone, Cades dropped ball, and some bad third down conversions). All things we can clean up.
                            I'll go with this explanation. Losing sucks but it was a good football game between two tough teams. Next up, Indiana State.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              Pretty much agree with this.

There were some opportunities there for the Jackrabbits. I was impressed with how they moved the ball on their defense, and how well the run was defended.
                              -Yeah, Stick made some plays with his feet. That's what he does.

Remember when they used to just wear the Jackrabbits out late in the game with their superior depth? That doesn't happen anymore.
                              -Our coaches have really caught up recruiting wise.

Comment

I take little comfort in this loss, close game or not. The Jacks could have won, and with better execution on a couple of plays, would have won. Got to get over the hump. On the upside, the Bison seem to be a senior-laden team.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X