Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ NDSU Phonetically-Challenged Buffalo

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    Glad somebody else didn't like the aww shucks attitude at the end of the first half.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
    Both coaching staffs made stupid mistakes at the end of the half. What the he** was Klieman thinking calling that timeout with 4 seconds left ? Could you imagine the uproar in Bisonville if the Jacks had managed to get points out of that ?

Comment

I thought the game was ok because every game has some hickups, and against the number one defense in FCS football, we moved the ball pretty good.Our defense played pretty good.I don't take a 4 pt loss as a moral victory, but rather a legitimate sign we are a pretty darn good team and future games won't be near as tough, so the rest of the season I'm optimistic about.

Comment

I am also optimistic that today was the toughest game we have left, but we still have big road games @ISUR, @UNI, and @SIU. The margin for error is slim. Can't have a letdown at home, and we need to go on the road and pick up 3 wins. On paper, it appears that we might be favored in every game going forward. But "on paper" doesn't matter much in the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
          ...On paper, it appears that we might be favored in every game going forward. But "on paper" doesn't matter much in the Valley.
          We have a new example of your point: at home, Missouri State beats Illinois State 24-21. I doubt anyone predicted that one!

Comment

Here's the game story with a link to stats on GoJacks.com:
            https://gojacks.com/news/2018/9/29/f...rker-game.aspx

Comment

If we run the tables we wii be okay. Our guys battled today. A close game, but close only counts in horseshoes and hand gernades.

Comment

So, rumor has it, once Eidsness got back to Brookings, he went on a spree and found every swing in town to have a quick swing on each one. Then once he exhausted all of his swing options, he stopped by the batting cage and indoor golf areas to get some swings in. After that, he heard about a swing dancing club and he just had to go. He was last seen entering a party with his wife and putting his keys in a bowl by the door.

Comment

So my question is...did Stacker, Larenzo or Tolu even dress? I don’t think any of them played.

Playcalling was pretty good until after the pick in the end zone. After that it was like EE was using a dart to decide what to call plays.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    To be honest:

I don't know how the Jackrabbits were able to stay that close to them.

Obviously, their Coaches are better
                    Their QB is better for sure.
                    Their RB's are far superior.
                    Better playmakers at wideouts.
                    Line play? Please... the only guys the Jackrabbits have are guys the mighty Bison rejected.

On the defensive side, no one moves the ball on the mighty Bison front 7, who are both impossible to run, or pass on.
                    And their defensive backfield is stocked with NFL level talent. They would probably stop the Chiefs, they are so good.

The only thing that keeps opponents in the game are:
                    1. Bullcrap penalties on the Bison. We all know their players have been too well trained by their expert coaching staff to NEVER do anything illegal.
                    and
                    2. Dirty plays and cheap shots by their opponents (particularly SDSU... who had beaten them 2 of 3, coincidence?)

In fact, the Bison are so great and powerful, I don't even know why they have the games. Their fans should just show up and have a victory party every week. There is really no point in the players taking the field. If the players actually take the field, we already know what will happen. Because no one, in the history of the sport, has been as good as them.

There has never been a greater program in history. They should be elevated above all other programs for eternity. They exist for others to wish they were that good.

***There may be SOME sarcasm in this post after listening/reading NDSU fans posts and opinions on this game.
                    This might go into the Hall of Fame of posts..

IN reality, their fans don't want anything to do with us again. Here is the trick, we ALWAYS lose a game we shouldn't. That cannot happen this year. Run the table, get home field opposite the Bison.

Comment

All in all.....I can say....I'm not impressed with the Bison Offense or I can say the Jacks Defense is really impressive. I am not impressed with Stick's throwing for sure, they are high arcing rainbows. His running was great due to poor tackling. Our defense has to get better at looking back at the ball is all. That one touchdown they were in the corner of the endzone. Turn the **** around, and look for the ball. There's no where else to go. I am really impressed with our offense for the most but I am really impressed with the Bison's Defense, mostly the line, the rest of them kind of suck, a good line can make any secondary look good. Taryn's interception wasn't even the safety making a play watch it again. He's just standing there, moving a foot over to catch a ball is not making a play. Wait a half second and the WR would have been past and a TD would have been thrown.

Neither team had played anyone up to this, anyone that tells you differently or thought the Jacks were the same as Delaware or North Alabama is an A-hole or a Bison fan. Jacks played nobody. bison Played nobody.

It was nice to see Rozeboom get his licks in! What a player! Best linebacker on the field yesterday! I'm surprised there aren't more Bison players out with ankle injuries as he led the team with 12 tackles and killing idiots that Stick tried throwing to across the middle. Stick is definitely a player that is elevated by the team

Bison were really lucky the officials were on their side with the playcalling. Oh no a hold! That's ok we'll call pass interference. Oh the QB threw the ball away that doesn't help the Bison! That's ok we'll say he stepped out of bounds before the throw. and my personal favorite it's only holding if they are wearing white.

See...I can sound like a Jacks version dip**** Bison fan too.

or I can say great game a lot of things happened that happen in football, time to move on!
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

By far the most encouraging thing I noticed yesterday was the play of the OL and DL. No one will debate that NDSU's best known for overpowering teams on the LOS. It might take 3 quarters, but they always get it done. That did not happen yesterday. If our lines are really that solid we should have a good shot at playing well into December.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          By far the most encouraging thing I noticed yesterday was the play of the OL and DL. No one will debate that NDSU's best known for overpowering teams on the LOS. It might take 3 quarters, but they always get it done. That did not happen yesterday. If our lines are really that solid we should have a good shot at playing well into December.
                          Especially when you consider the youth at the DT positions, and at 2 or 3 spots on the OL.

Comment

So after 3 games, I'm leaning toward saying this is the best football team SDSU has ever fielded.

Why? Because I feel this is the deepest team we've ever had top to bottom.

What leads me to this hypothesis is a few things:

1) We're rotating a lot of guys in and out and not seeing much, if any drop off.

2) Our kick coverage has been outstanding, which really has never been the case in years past. This unit is usually manned by back ups and rotational players, so the improvement in this area suggests we have more talent behind the starters than before.

3) The Arkansas-Pine Bluff performance: Most would say we can't learn anything about the team based on the level of competition, but I beg to differ. I propose the reason we scored 90 points was because Coach Stig didn't know how to handle the fact that the bottom of our depth chart was that much better than even the opposition's starters since he's never been in that situation before. We've played against a lot of over-matched teams in the past, but usually when we put in our backups our firepower is tempered considerably. This time, however, our 3rd and 4th stringers may be inexperienced, but they are still quite gifted athletically. The idea that Blair Mulholland is our 5th string running back is kind of ridiculous.

4) That team that just barely edged us is likely the best the Bison have fielded since their undefeated 2013 team, and we were a play away from beating them on their home turf. I never once felt like we were lucky to be in the game and that we caught NDSU on an off day. In actuality, we didn't even execute that great. If we clean up a few things, there is no reason to believe we can't beat any FCS team in the nation.
                            Last edited by Kemo; 10-01-2018, 01:58 AM.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                              So after 3 games, I'm leaning toward saying this is the best football team SDSU has ever fielded.

Why? Because I feel this is the deepest team we've ever had top to bottom.

What leads me to this hypothesis is a few things:

1) We're rotating a lot of guys in and out and not seeing much, if any drop off.

2) Our kick coverage has been outstanding, which really has never been the case in years past. This unit is usually manned by back ups and rotational players, so the improvement in this area suggests we have more talent behind the starters than before.

3) The Arkansas-Pine Bluff performance: Most would say we can't learn anything about the team based on the level of competition, but I beg to differ. I propose the reason we scored 90 points was because Coach Stig didn't know how to handle the fact that the bottom of our depth chart was that much better than even the opposition's starters since he's never been in that situation before. We've played against a lot of over-matched teams in the past, but usually when we put in our backups our firepower is tempered considerably. This time, however, our 3rd and 4th stringers may be inexperienced, but they are still quite gifted athletically. The idea that Blair Mulholland is our 5th string running back is kind of ridiculous.

4) That team that just barely edged us is likely the best the Bison have fielded since their undefeated 2013 team, and we were a play away from beating them on their home turf. I never once felt like we were lucky to be in the game and that we caught NDSU on an off day. In actuality, we didn't even execute that great. If we clean up a few things, there is no reason to believe we can't beat any FCS team in the nation.
                              A very good analysis with little or no disagreement. I think our rising power is in our recruiting. NDSU Midco Flavored announcers shared something I did not know. C.J. Wilson had entertained offers from FBS schools before finally accepting SDSUs offer. If C.J. is any indication of the quality level, then we are on the right track and it will get better. I checked the gojacks stats and C.J as a true freshman has ground rushing total of 143 yards through three games. Not bad. Issac Wallace through three has 334 yards. C.J currently leads Mikey Daniel who has only 89 yards so far. We are definitely looking good for the future and so much for the Joose jokes.

Comment

SDSU observations from a Bison fan:

1. Your offensive line played outstanding. Zim talked about it being acceptable; bull****. They were fantastic. The quality of the Bison defensive line you will never see again this season unless we meet again.
                                2. Tarryn played a phenomenal game. He will learn from the interception as he clearly understood the mistake in the post game presser. BTW, sounds like NDSU threw a coverage at them they did not expect; note Allison who made the pick is a CB and he was basically playing safety in a zone. That was a wrinkle.
                                3. Your defense played outstanding football. Again, their are few better offenses you will face and you held them to 21 points; usually that wins you the game. If I had a worry if a jacks fan, it would be your back end. However, your defense was also selling out run just about every play, so some of that should be expected.
                                4. I agree with Zim that I am not seeing the clear separation in programs at this point. You are much better than I expected, honestly. I still see more depth at NDSU, but that is about it.

All in all, great game and I would not be shocked if we play again. Let's hope it is in Frisco.
                                Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 10-01-2018, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X