Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: New Red Meat from Bison Illustrated Podcast

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,632

    Default Re: New Red Meat from Bison Illustrated Podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    All I know is that I've been all over the state of North Dakota many times. The folks there are pretty much like South Dakota people. Good people.
    I've said it once if I've said it a million times, if i had to live in ND to get a National Championship, I can easily live without any rings or banners.....the place completely sucks.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    1,647

    Default Re: New Red Meat from Bison Illustrated Podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    All you do is complain about what Fargo, NDSU based media has to say...if it bothers you so much dont listen/follow, and yes i realize this was posted here by an ndsu fan, but youve made your thoughts clear all over

    Pretty simple man, i dont follow most of it because the pure homerism gets old but thats what they do
    For a longer response, no I really donít only complain about them. That being said, I listen because A) I live in Fargo B) they DO have some good FCS coverage and guests for the conference and nationally C) Itís Marker Week and I soak up all the info I can leading up to a game, but especially this week.

    I take shots at them this week because itís Marker Week. Normally I just ignore things unless they go way overboard. Sometimes Iíll tweet at them though cause tbh some pushback helps a little bit. IE when I pushed back about them trashing our current resume for rankings (which I agreed with) by pointing out ndsu has equally as bad of a resume right now they backed off the next day. Iím feisty about it but Iím not disrespectful. Besides, the back and forth this week is what makes it fun


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

  3. #13

    Default Re: New Red Meat from Bison Illustrated Podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by thumper_76 View Post
    For a longer response, no I really donít only complain about them. That being said, I listen because A) I live in Fargo B) they DO have some good FCS coverage and guests for the conference and nationally C) Itís Marker Week and I soak up all the info I can leading up to a game, but especially this week.

    I take shots at them this week because itís Marker Week. Normally I just ignore things unless they go way overboard. Sometimes Iíll tweet at them though cause tbh some pushback helps a little bit. IE when I pushed back about them trashing our current resume for rankings (which I agreed with) by pointing out ndsu has equally as bad of a resume right now they backed off the next day. Iím feisty about it but Iím not disrespectful. Besides, the back and forth this week is what makes it fun
    For some reason, Thumper, I never realized you live in Fargo. We are like brothers from another mother being a Bison fan living in Sioux Falls. (Except Fargo cares about football......bada bing!) (Yes, I am epically bad a smack.)

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    1,647

    Default Re: New Red Meat from Bison Illustrated Podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    For some reason, Thumper, I never realized you live in Fargo. We are like brothers from another mother being a Bison fan living in Sioux Falls. (Except Fargo cares about football......bada bing!) (Yes, I am epically bad a smack.)
    Sioux Falls cares.....about high school football whomp whomp


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    brookings, sd
    Posts
    4,572

    Default Re: New Red Meat from Bison Illustrated Podcast

    I loved what they talked about at the 41 minute mark. About going home and watching the game you were just at on tv. My wife says the same thing...

    Her: "what the crap are you doing? You were just AT the game...."

    me: "Yeah, but it's different...you get close ups and angles, and replays and..."
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Huron, South Dakota
    Posts
    3,164

    Default Re: New Red Meat from Bison Illustrated Podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    I've said it once if I've said it a million times, if i had to live in ND to get a National Championship, I can easily live without any rings or banners.....the place completely sucks.
    I know this is a smack thread, but the argument over the best Dakota always makes me chuckle. They are basically the same state.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Huron, South Dakota
    Posts
    3,164

    Default Re: New Red Meat from Bison Illustrated Podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I loved what they talked about at the 41 minute mark. About going home and watching the game you were just at on tv. My wife says the same thing...

    Her: "what the crap are you doing? You were just AT the game...."

    me: "Yeah, but it's different...you get close ups and angles, and replays and..."
    I struggle explaining to people that I watch baseball games twice. Once with the TV announcers and once with the radio guys. Curse you MLBtv. Luckily for me I am a Mets fan so I only have to do it when DeGrom or Thor start.

    I have been syncing the TV broadcasts with Tyler's play-by-play when I can
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Dell Rapids, SD
    Posts
    3,087

    Default Re: New Red Meat from Bison Illustrated Podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    WARNING; THIS WILL MAKE YOUR BLOOD BOIL; YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

    https://soundcloud.com/bison-illustr...a-can-of-joose

    Oh, I am SOOOO looking forward to your reactions.

    Lol, these guys are clowns. Although, it feels good to hear how upset SDSU makes them, because that means we're doing something right. Radio guys and the crowd on Saturday wouldn't be so amped for this game if they weren't a bit worried.

  9. #19

    Default Re: New Red Meat from Bison Illustrated Podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    Lol, these guys are clowns. Although, it feels good to hear how upset SDSU makes them, because that means we're doing something right. Radio guys and the crowd on Saturday wouldn't be so amped for this game if they weren't a bit worried.
    While I am usually not a big fan of Swany's drinking stories, this podcast does have the story of the Dakota Marker creation.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Dell Rapids, SD
    Posts
    3,087

    Default Re: New Red Meat from Bison Illustrated Podcast

    Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    While I am usually not a big fan of Swany's drinking stories, this podcast does have the story of the Dakota Marker creation.
    That was pretty cool to hear. As goofy as a lot of the things they say are, I do wish SDSU had something just like this. I think we were on our way to having something like that with Westside's efforts in creating Jackrabbit Illustrated, but unfortunately he moved away from Brookings. Hopefully someone else will step up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •