Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MVFC 2018 Season

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    I could be wrong but I think when it got to 16 teams left in the playoffs last year only 2 teams that were left were not ranked in the top 18 in the final FCS poll. I go by 18 since you have the two conference champs that opt out of the playoffs. That means that if you only have a 16 team playoff, you would have about the same match ups but a couple of the "bad" auto bids wouldn't have a chance to lose out in their first round game. This way the top 8 teams get a off week to get healthy too so they are more at full strength later in the playoffs.
    The top 8 already do get a week off. Do you mean an extra week on top of it or am I just confused?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
      The top 8 already do get a week off. Do you mean an extra week on top of it or am I just confused?

I might not have made it clear but they were talking about going back to a 16 team playoff.
      I think if you do that some automatic bid teams will get killed. This way all of the teams that are #9-24 have to beat another playoff team to play a top seed. The #25 team (because of an automatic bid) doesn't have to go to NDSU the first week and get beat up/killed. Of course, the #16 team will go there and get beat up anyway but it shouldn't be as bad.
      The bye week does give a team like SDSU a week off to get healthier so maybe playing a little tougher team will even out because it will help the top teams get closer to full strength for the playoffs.
      That way you should have fairly competitive games week 1 of the playoffs and healthier top teams later in the playoffs.
      I see the system as a win-win as it is.

Comment

Going in to the final weekend Dratings.com (never heard of them) has 4 MVFC teams penciled in, Jacks, Bison, ISU (blue) and UNI. Selection show on 11/18! Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          Going in to the final weekend Dratings.com (never heard of them) has 4 MVFC teams penciled in, Jacks, Bison, ISU (blue) and UNI. Selection show on 11/18! Go Jacks!!
          I really doubt that the MVFC gets in 4 teams tbh. They would have to take TWO 6 DI win teams. I just don’t see it happening. If ISUb wins then I think they’re probably in. I have a hard time seeing UNI in at 6-5 with no FBS win. The only reason I could see them or WIU getting in is if ISUb loses and the committee feels the Valley deserves 3 teams resume be damned, and then I think they probably go with WIU due to head to head wins. This is all of the assumption that we don’t have another week of absolute chaos with the playoff bubble. Nichols winning last night helped bubble teams because it likely makes the Southland a 1 bid league. Need some more good fortune for the Valley to get 4, but one of the things that would help the Valley is Weber beating ISUo and that hurts our seed capabilities. So go Idaho State cause I don’t give a rip how many teams our conference gets in.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
            I really doubt that the MVFC gets in 4 teams tbh. They would have to take TWO 6 DI win teams. I just don’t see it happening. If ISUb wins then I think they’re probably in. I have a hard time seeing UNI in at 6-5 with no FBS win. The only reason I could see them or WIU getting in is if ISUb loses and the committee feels the Valley deserves 3 teams resume be damned, and then I think they probably go with WIU due to head to head wins. This is all of the assumption that we don’t have another week of absolute chaos with the playoff bubble. Nichols winning last night helped bubble teams because it likely makes the Southland a 1 bid league. Need some more good fortune for the Valley to get 4, but one of the things that would help the Valley is Weber beating ISUo and that hurts our seed capabilities. So go Idaho State cause I don’t give a rip how many teams our conference gets in.

i bet this is what happens. The valley has too strong of a rep to only get 2 teams in. Resume be damned somebody out of those 3 will make it. If they’re tied at six fcs wins I have to say uni would be tough to beat simply cuz they have a likely top 5 win and lead ndsu for most of the game.

Comment

Just of note, before SDSU/USD started, I was watching Army/Colgate.

Colgate looked good. This is a good Army team this year, and Colgate was playing right with them.

Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
              X