Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marker Week

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Long story short, I think this is NDSU's year.

31-10 NDSU.
    Ok, expounding a little bit now that I have a little more time...and I imagine I'll get fried here for this....

I think NDSU moves the ball fluently on the SDSU D. I say this because while the score didn't show it, UAPB moved the ball to the tune of north of 300 yards. They had the ball inside the SDSU 5 yard line twice, only to get picked once and a kick a FG. Another drive they got to the SDSU 27 before being picked in the endzone.

As bad as that team was, they could have very easily scored 21 if not 28 points on SDSU. Think about that.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      Ok, expounding a little bit now that I have a little more time...and I imagine I'll get fried here for this....

I think NDSU moves the ball fluently on the SDSU D. I say this because while the score didn't show it, UAPB moved the ball to the tune of north of 300 yards. They had the ball inside the SDSU 5 yard line twice, only to get picked once and a kick a FG. Another drive they got to the SDSU 27 before being picked in the endzone.

As bad as that team was, they could have very easily scored 21 if not 28 points on SDSU. Think about that.
      And the Jacks could have scored 126 on them.

To be honest, I expect the bison to move the ball as well, but I can see the bend-not-break defense coming to play and making NDSU settle for field goals. Everyone knows that this game will not be won by SDSU because of defense. SDSU is built offense first. If we have to rely on on defense for the entire game in order to win, we will be in trouble (see: Semi Finals last year)
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        And the Jacks could have scored 126 on them.

To be honest, I expect the bison to move the ball as well, but I can see the bend-not-break defense coming to play and making NDSU settle for field goals. Everyone knows that this game will not be won by SDSU because of defense. SDSU is built offense first. If we have to rely on on defense for the entire game in order to win, we will be in trouble (see: Semi Finals last year)
        Agree, jus score more than them,defense helps only to keep their scoring down so we have a chance.

Comment

Kolpack column about the Marker (a little compare/contrast with the old "Nickel" trophy between UND and NDSU) in this morning's Fargo Forum:

http://www.inforum.com/sports/footba...-dakota-marker

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            Agreed! My experience at TAB's tent and getting the chance to meet a number of folks from here and Bisonville was top notch! Highly recommend TAB's crappy beer too.
            There is always an open invitation to any and all Jacks fans to come tailgate with us. Always a good time.

Comment

Harry's in Watertown (Jackrabbit owned!) will have the game on along with some food specials. See Harry's Facebook page for info.

Comment

Working...
              X