Marker Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marker Week

NDSU fans act like Jabrill was out last year for the marker. He played in the second half, and had very little impact. I dont know why they think his presence in the first half would have changed the outcome.

Menard being back is probably the bigger deal. Our O line will have thir hands full. If not for a muffed punt that led to a score, Jacks would have won last year 33 to 14. Bison gave up 21 in the first half without him, and 12 in the second half with (if I recall correctly). I think his absence in the first half is being way over blown.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
      NDSU fans act like Jabrill was out last year for the marker. He played in the second half, and had very little impact. I dont know why they think his presence in the first half would have changed the outcome.

Menard being back is probably the bigger deal. Our O line will have thir hands full. If not for a muffed punt that led to a score, Jacks would have won last year 33 to 14. Bison gave up 21 in the first half without him, and 12 in the second half with (if I recall correctly). I think his absence in the first half is being way over blown.
      They said the same thing about DeLuca being back and he would completely shut down Goedert last year. That worked out nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

As great as their D is, our offense has proven they can beat it. 2016 regular season game should have been a two TD win at least.

16 playoff game our O drove down and immediately got a td, followed by a field goal. It was only after our D couldn't get off the field that the tide turned.

17, we were clearly better on O than they were on D.

Not saying that will happen this year, because our personnel has obviously changed, and it remains to be seen how much of a factor that was. But our O has effectively moved the ball against them, despite their incredibly talented D.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
          They said the same thing about DeLuca being back and he would completely shut down Goedert last year. That worked out nicely.

Just to inject some realism to my friends.....

DeLuca was never 100%.

The numbers stated clearly show the impact of Mr. Cox.

Comment

As great as their D is, our offense has proven they can beat it. 2016 regular season game should have been a two TD win at least.

16 playoff game our O drove down and immediately got a td, followed by a field goal. It was only after our D couldn't get off the field that the tide turned.

17, we were clearly better on O than they were on D.

Not saying that will happen this year, because our personnel has obviously changed, and it remains to be seen how much of a factor that was. But our O has effectively moved the ball against them, despite their incredibly talented D.
            That is a bold statement.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
              That is a bold statement.
              Not really. NDSU was giving up 10 per game before that game, and they gave up 33. The Jacks had 480 yards of offense, 150 (Bison were giving up 75ish per game) on the ground and 330 in the air. Of all those bison turnovers, only 1 gave SDSU a short field. No defensive TDs were scored by the Jacks. Every score for SDSU came from some sort of sustained drive, most of which were 50+ yards. I fail to see how that doesn't equate to our offense being better than your D on that day in November. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the stats the Bison D gave up that game were all season highs. Generally speaking, the Bison D gave up more yards, points, and first downs than any other game that season.

Comment

I think this game will be the first true test to see how good both teams are. I think SDSU seems to be recruiting a little better every year so they are steadily improving. NDSU on the other hand might be a little better but maybe not as much but when you are the top dog, how much higher can you go. I do think it should be a close game.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

DeLuca was never 100%.

If you're referring to score by half, I actually had it incorrect. Jacks scored 17 in the first half and 16 in the second. I don't have quarter by quarter production stats, but by score, it was almost identical whether he was in the game or not.

Comment

If you're referring to score by half, I actually had it incorrect. Jacks scored 17 in the first half and 16 in the second. I don't have quarter by quarter production stats, but by score, it was almost identical whether he was in the game or not.
                    I just went an looked it up. You have it correct now. You guys should always be proud of that last scoring drive in quarter 4. 6:41 for a TD to kill off the beast who probably win if you don't score there. It was very well done and yes, SDSU offense was better than the NDSU defense that day.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

DeLuca was never 100%.

I really don’t think it will be one player that causes a dramatic shift in our offenses output. It will be your front seven. The real matchup to me will be our defense vs your offense. Can your offense do what it did in the 2016 playoff game and use the run game to grind us down or will it be like the last two Marker games where our defense doesn’t allow that?

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

can somebody post a link to the radio show featuring Cole Jirik and his comments about the SDSU/NDSU rivalry?
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                          can somebody post a link to the radio show featuring Cole Jirik and his comments about the SDSU/NDSU rivalry?
                          1660bison.com should work

Comment

The Rabbits open up as 12 point dogs....

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              1660bison.com should work
                              looking for the show from a few weeks ago where Jirik made some negative comments...couldn't find it on their main page, or didn't look enough, and thought someone may have the direct link.
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                                looking for the show from a few weeks ago where Jirik made some negative comments...couldn't find it on their main page, or didn't look enough, and thought someone may have the direct link.
                                https://twitter.com/bison1660/status...078472704?s=21

They start talking smack at about the 2:30 mark (see how that works, Thumper? )and he goes on to say how dirty of a program SDSU has.

Comment

Working...
                                X