Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marker Week

Let's get it going.

Confident Prediction: One of these two teams will win.

Equally confident prediction: Every positive yard gained or tackle made by SDSU will be labeled as dirty, with Cole Jirik weighing in on 1660 the following Monday.

Re: Marker Week

Someone mentioned in the national storyline thread about if we punch them in the mouth it would be the first time this season it’s happened to them, but that point certainly goes both ways. Their pass rush looks nasty, but I still maintain that the best way to beat them is to get up early by two scores and make them chase. Their offense isn’t built for it, and that’s when you see Stick have bad games. Force them to put the game on Sticks arm and trust our backfield to take the ball away.

What I am concerned about is the fact that we seem to have a propensity to give up big plays. ISU comes to mind obviously, as does both our blow outs. Now, that could be due to losing focus for a play because we were crushing them, but we can’t afford to get gashed because we missed one tackle. Their crowd won’t need that sort of fuel added to their fire. Make no mistake, on top of their anger at losing the Marker two years in a row, the propaganda network will be throwing out everything they can to get their fans good and frothed up for this game. There’s a reason Jirik is allowed to say what he says on air, they want that crowd wound up. It’s going to work too. It’s imperative that we come out swinging out of the gate or we will be in danger of looking like Delaware did. If we don’t come out sharp and their defense gets to tee off on TC all game, this won’t be a fun game IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
      Someone mentioned in the national storyline thread about if we punch them in the mouth it would be the first time this season it’s happened to them, but that point certainly goes both ways. Their pass rush looks nasty, but I still maintain that the best way to beat them is to get up early by two scores and make them chase. Their offense isn’t built for it, and that’s when you see Stick have bad games. Force them to put the game on Sticks arm and trust our backfield to take the ball away.

What I am concerned about is the fact that we seem to have a propensity to give up big plays. ISU comes to mind obviously, as does both our blow outs. Now, that could be due to losing focus for a play because we were crushing them, but we can’t afford to get gashed because we missed one tackle. Their crowd won’t need that sort of fuel added to their fire. Make no mistake, on top of their anger at losing the Marker two years in a row, the propaganda network will be throwing out everything they can to get their fans good and frothed up for this game. There’s a reason Jirik is allowed to say what he says on air, they want that crowd wound up. It’s going to work too. It’s imperative that we come out swinging out of the gate or we will be in danger of looking like Delaware did. If we don’t come out sharp and their defense gets to tee off on TC all game, this won’t be a fun game IMO.

Agreed. They always have a nasty D, and and an insane pass rushould though. That's the case every year. I have hope that since we moved the ball well against a decent MSU D, we have the capability to move it against them. My concern is that our O line has looked a little inconsistent and disjointed thus far, and a game like this in the Fargo Dome is going to cause a lot of communication problems. Losing our center and left tackle and their leadership might really show in this game. If TC has enough time, and of we can use the run game effectively, I think we can move the ball on them. But those are two big "ifs". And I'm also not sure our D is quite where we all think they are after two games. They certainlyly appear more physical and are maybe faster than they've ever been, but we haven't played a halfway capable offense yet. I'm just as worried as you are about giving up 3rd and longs. In my opinion, in order to win on Saturday, we'll need to see our best defensive performance of the past couple years in order to keep giving our O opportunities to burry the Bison and make them play serious catchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
        Agreed. They always have a nasty D, and and an insane pass rushould though. That's the case every year. I have hope that since we moved the ball well against a decent MSU D, we have the capability to move it against them. My concern is that our O line has looked a little inconsistent and disjointed thus far, and a game like this in the Fargo Dome is going to cause a lot of communication problems. Losing our center and left tackle and their leadership might really show in this game. If TC has enough time, and of we can use the run game effectively, I think we can move the ball on them. But those are two big "ifs". And I'm also not sure our D is quite where we all think they are after two games. They certainlyly appear more physical and are maybe faster than they've ever been, but we haven't played a halfway capable offense yet. I'm just as worried as you are about giving up 3rd and longs. In my opinion, in order to win on Saturday, we'll need to see our best defensive performance of the past couple years in order to keep giving our O opportunities to burry the Bison and make them play serious catchup.
        I really do believe their crowd will be wound up like they haven’t been in a long time, so it’s going to be even more important than normal we jump our right away in my opinion. If we don’t we’re going to need an A+ effort out of the defense like in 2016. I do have confidence in the defense to do well, we usually play up against them on defense.

The keys to beating them really never change. Make them chase you, don’t turn the ball over, and don’t give them short fields. Don’t let them grind you down with a bunch of long sustained drives, and for god sakes don’t let Stick convert too many 3rd and longs with his legs, cause he’s going to do it a couple times.

This game has me worried as hell tbh. We haven’t been tested yet going into there, I’m feeling way too good about the game, and they are going to come out looking to prove a point while we don’t necessarily have the same extra motivation. Really need the senior leadership to have these guys mentally right going in there. This is going to be a LOOOOONG 7 days.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Yeah, this will be a whole new level of noise, just given the butthurt that's been festering for the past two years. I'm thinking we will see some kind of new package for this game that we've never seen before, to try and catch them off guard and shift focus a little. We did it in Fargo in 2014, 2016, and again in the 2016 playoffs with the trick play (before our D couldn't get off the field). I'd imagine we'll see some kind of wrinkle or personnel package that will hopefully catch them off guard.

Comment

It's all about the line of scrimmage against those guys.

Even when we had Zenner in his prime, running over and around everyone, NDSU was able to neutralize him most of the time.

It's all about the trenches... the last 2 times we beat them, we either won, or it was at least a stalemate.

Their crowd will be insane, and I'm not worried about TC. But some of the other guys will be experiencing the full wrath of the Bison faithful for the first time.

I'm hoping that things don't get out of hand... as mentioned above, it's best to make them chase from behind. But I'm not sure if that's possible in this game. Keep it close, and hope we can pop something.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
              It's all about the line of scrimmage against those guys.

Even when we had Zenner in his prime, running over and around everyone, NDSU was able to neutralize him most of the time.

It's all about the trenches... the last 2 times we beat them, we either won, or it was at least a stalemate.

Their crowd will be insane, and I'm not worried about TC. But some of the other guys will be experiencing the full wrath of the Bison faithful for the first time.

I'm hoping that things don't get out of hand... as mentioned above, it's best to make them chase from behind. But I'm not sure if that's possible in this game. Keep it close, and hope we can pop something.
              I agree with all of that. I think our O line will be shaky out of the gates. In theory, we should be able to cut down on their pass rush with some screens and draws, but I don't know if we'll be able to execute. Ideally, I think we want to go on D first and get a stop, and have the game settle down a bit before the O goes out. I think we have the tools needed to win this game. I'm just not sure we'll be able to execute and play mistake free in order for them to shine. I'm torn between hoping we go out and sling it down field right off the bat, or try to get and drive going on the ground. The latter has not worked for us well this decade, but we've actually moved it okay against them on the ground in the last two years. No doubt, this will be tough. I believe we can do it, I'm just not sure it'll fall that way though.

Anybody hear if the Bison lost Shepherd against UD? He's their best WR, so that could be a positive break for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                I agree with all of that. I think our O line will be shaky out of the gates. In theory, we should be able to cut down on their pass rush with some screens and draws, but I don't know if we'll be able to execute. Ideally, I think we want to go on D first and get a stop, and have the game settle down a bit before the O goes out. I think we have the tools needed to win this game. I'm just not sure we'll be able to execute and play mistake free in order for them to shine. I'm torn between hoping we go out and sling it down field right off the bat, or try to get and drive going on the ground. The latter has not worked for us well this decade, but we've actually moved it okay against them on the ground in the last two years. No doubt, this will be tough. I believe we can do it, I'm just not sure it'll fall that way though.

Anybody hear if the Bison lost Shepherd against UD? He's their best WR, so that could be a positive break for us.
                I'm not a fan of busting up the 3 down set (unless you go for a 1st down on the 4th down) by going 1/2 way with ea as you describe, going downfield or driving on the ground.We never out guess them doing that , and 1 bad down ruins picking up the first.My logic is this,slinging it downfield you only need 1 catch out of 3 attempts to pick up a first,if you fail ,then kick it.Same as running, 3 times to pick up 10 yds (3.3 yds a try avg) ,if you fail, kick it.By mixing the two you always have at least one down wasted it seems. Commit to one for the 3 down set and stick to it.Well, their might be an exception,if you run twice and have three yds, although you might surprise them trying to run again for the 7 yds , you probably won't make it.JMO

Comment

I think you see TC run all over the Bichon Frises as they have no idea that he is a running threat. I do believe THE bichons will suffer from broken ankles due to Rozeboomitis
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Someone on a different thread said they have maybe the best defense they have ever had. Well, you know what, we have better coaches & athletes than we have ever had! We're pretty ****ing good, too. Our players need to believe in themselves and their program and we will be fine. Even though some of the fans are still scared of the Bison the TEAM has nothing to be scared of.

Comment

They always claim they have the best defense they've ever had. I still hold that the 2013 version of the bison was the best they've fielded. And not only do I not belive that this year's ndsu team isn't better than that one, the top teams in the subdivision are bether now than they were then. Towson and EWU were the number 2 and 3 teams that year, and the bison didn't play the pass happy EWU in the playoffs that year. We've proven that a dynamic O with a mobile QB can beat their "all world D". We just have to have enough opportunities to do so. Turn the ball over, miss some throws, or give up 3rd and longs, and it'll be a long day for us.

Comment

Marker Week

Can't wait for Saturday!!!

Comment

It should be a whale of a game.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                            It should be a whale of a game.
                            Is this a Craig Bohl quote? I haven’t heard this in while. BTW the Wyo fans were calling for Bohl and Viken’s heads after the close game with Wofford

Comment

Hello furry friends!

Yes, it is another marker week. I just hope I don't have to take any more embarrassing pictures at work.....

Couple points:

1. Reminder to all: SDSU has NOT won the last two games (I've read this some many time already, kind of tired of it); many are forgetting the extreme fun we had Dec 2016 on your last trip to Fargo.
                              2. Yep, the crowd with be frothing at the mouth. TAB will probably pee on a SDSU player on the sideline. (He likes to pee on anything with SDSU logos.)
                              3. You have to run Christian; it is your only hope, honestly, and will open up throwing. Problem is, Mr. Cox is playing this time; count on him being assigned to Christian regularly. The previous poster is correct; you need an early lead on NDSU to have a shot.
                              4. I've not seen an NDSU team this good since 2013. That was the team who beat a Big 12 champ who then won a respectable bowl game. It was also the team who help coin the word "Zenner" as a unit of measurement. I was worried about the passing game, but that was erased on Saturday.
                              5. Bison 1660 is state media. Listen at your own risk; however, JJ is pretty sharp in his analysis.

Looking forward to another great game! Note, we can all get along just like Carson and Dallas yesterday! Sadly, I am not going. Kid has a game in Mitchell.....

Comment

Working...
                              X