Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marker Week

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
    Think Id be jumping on the Bison -12.5. Just dont think the O line will be able to compete with the Bison D line all game.

Jacks- 17
    Bison- 34
    I feel the need to defend your team. There is zero doubt in my mind that TC is the perfect QB to play against the Bison. Statues will get destroyed all year due to the above. He does give your team a chance as if he extends plays, that is always when NDSU breaks down......

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
      Think Id be jumping on the Bison -12.5. Just dont think the O line will be able to compete with the Bison D line all game.

Jacks- 17
      Bison- 34
      I think it's pretty good value and will probably go back down to 9 or 10 by game time. As long as TC is in the game (and he doesn't have some sort of hand/wrist injury), then we have a chance. Plus I think our defense is going to prove to be one of the better ones we've had in a while, definitely one of the deepest defenses we've had, which can be huge. With the experience and depth at LB, solid and deep interior D line, Snyder and Brown anchoring the DBs with a bunch of solid role players there as well, I like our chances.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        I think it's pretty good value and will probably go back down to 9 or 10 by game time. As long as TC is in the game (and he doesn't have some sort of hand/wrist injury), then we have a chance. Plus I think our defense is going to prove to be one of the better ones we've had in a while, definitely one of the deepest defenses we've had, which can be huge. With the experience and depth at LB, solid and deep interior D line, Snyder and Brown anchoring the DBs with a bunch of solid role players there as well, I like our chances.
        I think that we will be relying a ton on our DBs since I think we will need to walk a couple extra bodies up to stop the run and/or pressure Stick. With the experience that we have at the corners and safety spots I am not as worried as I have been in the past. Of course, none of their experience matters if we can't make NDSU rely on the passing game.

IMO, our best defense will be their ability to score on offense. They can't give away possessions or settle for field goals. If they get a turnover out of Stick, they need to capitalize. I don't think that we have the horses to get into battle of the trenches with them for an entire game.
        Last edited by SoDakJack; 09-25-2018, 05:24 PM. Reason: spelling
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

[QUOTE=THEsocalledfan;334305]
          1. Reminder to all: SDSU has NOT won the last two games (I've read this some many time already, kind of tired of it); many are forgetting the extreme fun we had Dec 2016 on your last trip to Fargo.

The facts I've heard/read repeated recently are: SDSU has won the last two regular season games (some TV guys have said the last two Marker games). Those facts are correct: in 2016 SDSU won in Fargo 19-17; and in 2017, SDSU won at home 33-21. SDSU lost to NDSU in the 2016 playoff game.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            I hope your take plays out rather than mine...

I don't mean to be that guy, but wasn't it Ty Brooks who had the big run called back last year? I remember because before last year's game Stig said something to the affect of Brooks not being a threat, and all I could think of was "well now we know he''s going to rip a long one....."
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Here is my take: http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...ota-state.html

I think it is pretty fair and objective. Our offensive line is the key. I'm nervous as they didn't play great in either game. NDSU's defensive line rotation is no joke. I think our interior defensive line will be fine. I really like Xavier and Krockett and bringing in Stacker and Hildahl as subs isn't a bad option. If Elijah Wilson can't go, Smenda and Winkleman will have to play big. CBs are also going to have to hold up for the shot plays as I see us loading the box to stuff the run. Could be a big week for Brandon Snyder.
              I'm feeling a pick 6 by Snyder on either the first or second Bison possession with Jacks winning by at least five. Maybe a final of 36-30 Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                I hope your take plays out rather than mine...

I don't mean to be that guy, but wasn't it Ty Brooks who had the big run called back last year? I remember because before last year's game Stig said something to the affect of Brooks not being a threat, and all I could think of was "well now we know he''s going to rip a long one....."
                Yes, he underplayed Brooks in his write up. He is a difference maker and has more potential for explosive plays they both Bruce and Lance. You will see Mr. Brooks.

Comment

I think it is pretty fair and objective. Our offensive line is the key. I'm nervous as they didn't play great in either game. NDSU's defensive line rotation is no joke. I think our interior defensive line will be fine. I really like Xavier and Krockett and bringing in Stacker and Hildahl as subs isn't a bad option. If Elijah Wilson can't go, Smenda and Winkleman will have to play big. CBs are also going to have to hold up for the shot plays as I see us loading the box to stuff the run. Could be a big week for Brandon Snyder.
                  What are the chances we see J'Bore & Deyon this week? Anyone else on the true freshman list that could make a surprise appearance?

Comment

Great work as always. The only thing I might suggest doing is clarifying that Stick averaged 186 yards per game vs SDSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                      What are the chances we see J'Bore & Deyon this week? Anyone else on the true freshman list that could make a surprise appearance?
                      I'm almost wondering if J'Bore is being saved in case TC goes down with an injury late in the season. Why waste his 4 games now if they can be saved until the last games of the year? If he uses a few now and then we have an injury, his red-shirt is gone.

Comment

Thanks for the corrections Thumper and Rowdy. I have updated the post with right name.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                          J'Bore won't play. Deyon isn't listed on the the depth chart and still may be a couple weeks away. Elijah Wilson will be a game time decision.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

J'Bore won't play. Deyon isn't listed on the the depth chart and still may be a couple weeks away. Elijah Wilson will be a game time decision.
                            I hope to see Deyon soon. He looked like he's got the potential to be a big play maker.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                              I'm almost wondering if J'Bore is being saved in case TC goes down with an injury late in the season. Why waste his 4 games now if they can be saved until the last games of the year? If he uses a few now and then we have an injury, his red-shirt is gone.
                              If we didn't see J'Bore against Arkansas Pine-Bluff, I doubt we'll see him the rest of the year. Even though the new red-shirt rule exists, it doesn't mean coaches are going to throw a true FR out there to take advantage of it. While forgetting about the other "middleclassmen (RS-Fr, Sophs, JRs)" that likely are higher than said true freshman on the depth chart.

With that said, WestSide - how has J'Bore looked playing with the scout team. Or is he even running the scout team or getting reps?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                I hope to see Deyon soon. He looked like he's got the potential to be a big play maker.
                                I've heard Coach Stig say that Deyon is the fastest player on the team and the fastest Jack of his coaching tenure. He's run a 4.3-something. Unfortunately, he's injured.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X