New Practice Gyms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Practice Gyms

They are getting close to completion and are looking good. The Jackrabbit YouTube channel released a video to update the progress:

This will be great for both our MBB and WBB basketball program, as expressed by AJ and TJ in the video.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Re: New Practice Gyms

Practice facility has been completed

https://youtu.be/it32b8WiBa0

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
      Practice facility has been completed

https://youtu.be/it32b8WiBa0
      Impressive. This will help advance the programs for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        Impressive. This will help advance the programs for sure!
        What an awesome facility. Jenkins is right, what a benefit to be able to just come and use the practice facility whenever they can.

Comment

Pretty incredible how far our athletic departments facilities have come in 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
            Pretty incredible how far our athletic departments facilities have come in 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I graduated SDSU in 2000. It blows my mind every time I walk around campus. Obviously we talk about the athletic side of the improvements, but the whole experience of the campus now has to impressive for incoming athletes.

I would think these new courts will also be great for the basketball camps.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              I graduated SDSU in 2000. It blows my mind every time I walk around campus. Obviously we talk about the athletic side of the improvements, but the whole experience of the campus now has to impressive for incoming athletes.

I would think these new courts will also be great for the basketball camps.
              Yes, this and the fact that our basketball teams have a place to play in the summer that has air conditioning. Frost can get hot and humid in the dead of summer.

Comment

Looks good.

Can't wait for construction to start on ours.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I do have a larger facility question

Is there more coming to this facility? New/more/dedicated rooms like locker rooms, athletic training rooms, weight rooms, recovery rooms, study rooms etc that will be separate from other sports?

Comment

Originally posted by uniftw View Post
                    I do have a larger facility question

Is there more coming to this facility? New/more/dedicated rooms like locker rooms, athletic training rooms, weight rooms, recovery rooms, study rooms etc that will be separate from other sports?

not sure if this is the most up to date but gives a good overall picture

https://www.sdbor.edu/the-board/comm...Plan011317.pdfu

Comment

Thanks. Looks like it's "simply" (not that it's simple at all obviously) connecting to existing locker rooms

I haven't seen how UNI will connect everything to our arena. We are adding a whole new facility to the weather side of the arena. All new training facility, weight facility, courts, coaches office, etc.

The upper level will also serve as the main entrance for the building when done. Meaning a whole new entrance to the arena (and under the arena for access to the existing locker room entrance area) needs to happen. Meaning I think most of the entire west side of our 12 year old arena will get blown our and redone. Meaning basically a half total rebuild and probably not playing at home and renting a facility somewhere else a year

If you're interested in renderings of the facility I've got them.

Comment

Thanks. Looks like it's "simply" (not that it's simple at all obviously) connecting to existing locker rooms

I haven't seen how UNI will connect everything to our arena. We are adding a whole new facility to the weather side of the arena. All new training facility, weight facility, courts, coaches office, etc.

The upper level will also serve as the main entrance for the building when done. Meaning a whole new entrance to the arena (and under the arena for access to the existing locker room entrance area) needs to happen. Meaning I think most of the entire west side of our 12 year old arena will get blown our and redone. Meaning basically a half total rebuild and probably not playing at home and renting a facility somewhere else a year

i apologize for only the rendering. Those locker rooms will be new in a space in current footprint. I’m sure someone with more knowledge and explanation skills can do a better job than I.

Comment

No, everything depicted in those renderings (space around Frost Arena) will be "new" (excluding Strength & Conditioning and everything to the left of strength & conditioning) as in the space is there but the space will be reconstructed/remodeled/constructed.

Comment

Working...
                          X