Marker Game = GameDay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marker Game = GameDay?

I don't know what Jeff Kolpack uses for his measuring stick on when to post (Twitter) a rumor but he's tweeted he heard ESPN has been inquiring about going to Fargo for GameDay for SDSU at NDSU for the Marker. [Hmm...having some technical problems embedding the Kolpack Tweet....well, here's what he tweeted early today (Tuesday)]:

"Hearing ESPN has been inquiring into GameDay in Fargo next week."
    Last edited by JackJD; 09-18-2018, 09:33 PM.

Re: Marker Game = GameDay?

It sounds like it's a decent chance. There's OSU-PSU and Stanford-Notre Dame to contend with, but there will always be a FBS game that appears more "worthy" on paper than an FCS game. I think it'd be a cool deal, and it makes way more sense than their last two trips to Fargo (Delaware state and Uiw). When gandy has gone to JMU, it's been against Richmond, which is a rival, and I can't remember who it was for their second gameday. Having the marker featured on national TV and some press on our players/the storyline/ etc. would be great.

Comment

...and why not? I think NDSU may have a team that proves it is one of the better versions of the Bison...SDSU may have its best team ever, anxious to prove its gaudy numbers in the first two games were predictable and had little to do with the competition.

Is there a better rivalry game in the best FCS conference in the country?

Comment

Too bad the game isn't in Brookings this year. We have some great places around the stadium which would be perfect spots for the GameDay set -- think of the grassy area across the street south from the stadium with either the SW or the SE corners of the stadium giving a glimpse of the stadium interior with the back side of the scoreboard taking up the left or right third of the TV background.

Comment

Hope it happens, could be a lot of fun and actually adds more than just going to Fargo. I'm pessimistic though, I'll put the odds at 25%.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

We usually go pretty hard when Gameday is in town as it gets going around 7 AM. Going to need a little extra energy in the drinks that day.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
              We usually go pretty hard when Gameday is in town as it gets going around 7 AM. Going to need a little extra energy in the drinks that day.
              So, you're saying Less Jaeg and More Bomb?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                Bars don't open in ND until 8 AM, so Gameday loses a big crowd at about 8:15, with many not returning until Sunday AM

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                  Just Joose It!

Comment

Based solely off me absolutely unable to attend, I can guarantee this will happen. #bookit

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      Too bad the game isn't in Brookings this year. We have some great places around the stadium which would be perfect spots for the GameDay set -- think of the grassy area across the street south from the stadium with either the SW or the SE corners of the stadium giving a glimpse of the stadium interior with the back side of the scoreboard taking up the left or right third of the TV background.
                      I think the fact that the game is in Fargo would be the reason there's a chance it's happening. I doubt these conversations would be happening if the game were in Brookings. That's my guess, at least.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                        Based solely off me absolutely unable to attend, I can guarantee this will happen. #bookit
                        Well my being able to attend offsets your not being able to attend, the future hangs in the balance.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

meh...only thing I like about Gameday coming is the tailgate lots open 2 hrs early, with that i doubt it happens. if it does probably be a show about Carson Wentz anyway. It was cool the first time just because, now it is what it is
                          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                            meh...only thing I like about Gameday coming is the tailgate lots open 2 hrs early, with that i doubt it happens. if it does probably be a show about Carson Wentz anyway. It was cool the first time just because, now it is what it is
                            I like the early tailgating. It’ll be cool to go to Gameday if they’re there for a couple hours then hit tailgating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For the second week in a row, gameday is featuring their Urban Meyer interview. It's a tough hitting interview, and in my opinion, isn't doing Urban any favors. I guess I'd be surprised if gameday featires the OSU scandal twice in a row and then decides to do the very next game day at a site involving OSU. It seems that ESPN wants to make sure it isn't glossed over (and it's probably good for ratings), so it just seems odd to me that they'd do all that two straight weeks before featuring OSU @ PSU the next week. I guess we'll know by late tonight. With that being said, they did feature the same interview during the TCU-OSU gameday in Fort Worth, so maybe that doesn't mean anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X