X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Arkansas Pine-Sol Golden Linens

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    I would like to add to your raves:

The person running the sound is doing an amazing job over what we have had in the past. It's mor like what you experience at an FBS venue now, Kudos!
    Speaking of the sound... The pride needs to either cut the guitar act, or put an amp/speakers on the field for it. Pumping it into the sound system is terrible. The guitar drowns out the pride most of the time, and if you're not sitting in the right spot in the stadium, there's no way the sound from the guitar is going to arrive at your ears at even close to the right time to be on beat with the pride. I don't understand how they let this happen. I know we have a poster either on the pride or formerly on it, I would like to hear their take.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Yes they very humble over there compared to other boards. BTW, I watched Pride performance before I left the game. The rocker guy with screeching guitar put on a great show. I am too old understand that stuff, others enjoyed.
      Ha, funny that you commented on this as I was writing a post about it. Sounds like it depends on where you're at in the stadium. I think it can be a decent addition to the pride at times, but the sound issue has to be solved.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        Speaking of the sound... The pride needs to either cut the guitar act, or put an amp/speakers on the field for it. Pumping it into the sound system is terrible. The guitar drowns out the pride most of the time, and if you're not sitting in the right spot in the stadium, there's no way the sound from the guitar is going to arrive at your ears at even close to the right time to be on beat with the pride. I don't understand how they let this happen. I know we have a poster either on the pride or formerly on it, I would like to hear their take.
        I hate it. haha
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          I hate it. haha
          Lol, tell us how you really feel...

Do you hate the guitar altogether? Or just the sound issue?

Comment

Lol, tell us how you really feel...

Do you hate the guitar altogether? Or just the sound issue?
            I love Dual Shape. He rocks! I also love the Pride and love what they add to the atmosphere. To me, it isn't what a marching band is all about. There is a time and place for everything and an electric guitar during a halftime marching band performance isn't one of them. Re-reading this makes me sound old and grumpy but I promise I'm not.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I think it was a cool enough idea, but was poorly executed. Having the guitar blasted through the stadium speakers completely drowned out the rest of the band.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                I think it was a cool enough idea, but was poorly executed. Having the guitar blasted through the stadium speakers completely drowned out the rest of the band.
                Agreed. After they did it for the first game, I thought for sure they would correct the audio for the 2nd game. It must sound good on the field I guess. In the stands it's awful.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                  The board has a lot different tone than the article: https://hbcusports.com/2018/09/16/s-...uldnt-have-to/

I think the original poster understands what Stig was trying to say.
                  Nail on the head in the article...when the 5th string RB scores you are putting everyone in that you can. How many guys scored their first collegiate tds on Saturday?

..and Wandmaker scoring on a 5yd out is incredibly different than if he scored on a fly route or a deep post. He tiptoed the sideline, kids can't change the way they are continually coached on how to play the game. That's how guys get hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                    The board has a lot different tone than the article: https://hbcusports.com/2018/09/16/s-...uldnt-have-to/

I think the original poster understands what Stig was trying to say.
                    The OP and the UAPB posters all look to be cool over there, they blame themselves for the outcome of the game, not the Jacks.

Comment

• Re: GDT: Arkansas Pine-Sol Golden Linens

I hate it. haha
                      I hate it as well. From Section 118, I can only hear the guitar part and barely and band. I hope they never do it again as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

I believe the APB game was a late addition to cover a bye week in the schedule and really provided little for the Jacks beside a blowout. APB took the money and ran. They avoided injuries to their two qbs by not playing them. No blame to either team as they don’t make the schedule and this late addition gets you a complete mismatch. APB may not win another game but they won a nice paycheck last Saturday.

Comment

I'm tired of all the hating and bashing on the other boards. One guy suggests we schedule NC A&T as retribution to "running up" the score...I invite them to come to the playoffs.

There were 8 different guys that rushed the ball, 3 QBs and 5 RBs. There were also 8 different players with receptions. A couple of the long ones were actually the motion flip pass behind the line of scrimmage.

There were 7 pass attempts in the second half, most were under 10yds...the last pass/TD was a 5 yd out, he ran the sideline. While I'm not about scoring like that, there is literally nothing to be done except for taking a knee for a full quarter. Which is more demeaning? Having the 5th string RB score or the team taking a knee. Several players scored their first collegiate TD and it could be the only one. It isn't like the Jacks were running reverses, the hook and ladder and flea flickers. I encourage anyone to watch the replay. If you think that taking the knee is better than experience for 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers that's cool, agree to disagree.

These kids are coached to play, don't expect them to change it up just because we are up, that's how kids get hurt.

Improvement week then, Marker week...Battle ahead.

Comment

Ha, funny that you commented on this as I was writing a post about it. Sounds like it depends on where you're at in the stadium. I think it can be a decent addition to the pride at times, but the sound issue has to be solved.
                            To be totally honest I quoted the wrong post. I meant to quote Jimmy Tuba since I bashed the Pride in one of the other threads and wanted to compliment the PRIDE in their half time performance. I heard the guitar guy load and clear and I and the guy next to me are leaving our hearing aids at home. We dont need them in this FBS venue. No doubt plenty of sound.

Comment

I hate it. haha
                              To be honest he can leave that noise machine at Cubbys or some other place where you youngsters hang out. One thing about the guitar guy, he apparently washed hair before performing. His appearance on the big board was very good.

Comment

At the Montana state game I thought it was horrible half time show. I am a seven year member of the pride. I was amazed at how bad it was and how bad it sounded. Playing power cords does not a rock star make.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X