GDT: Arkansas Pine-Sol Golden Linens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Arkansas Pine-Sol Golden Linens

The issue with this game wasn’t what we did in game, it was the fact we scheduled them at all. We played like we expected them to be able to hold passes behind the line of scrimmage to short gaines (like they would be against nearly every other team we play). The simple fact is you expect the other team to play with some competence and APB didn’t. We would have beaten this team by 50 if we would have told our starters to all stay home.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      What did SDSU pay UAPB for the game?
      A very good question to which I dont have a factual answer. I did see NDSU had paid in the neighborhood of $125,000 for home games. My guess is that might be what we paid APBU.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
        The issue with this game wasn’t what we did in game, it was the fact we scheduled them at all. We played like we expected them to be able to hold passes behind the line of scrimmage to short gaines (like they would be against nearly every other team we play). The simple fact is you expect the other team to play with some competence and APB didn’t. We would have beaten this team by 50 if we would have told our starters to all stay home.
        I don't have an issue with the non-conference schedule. We had an FBS game, another with a competitive Big Sky program and finally a game with an FCS team we should beat. One cupcake game is good to provide the coaching staff the chance to give back-ups some action. And it's hard to tell how good/bad teams are going to be a few years in advance when you need to schedule them.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          I don't have an issue with the non-conference schedule. We had an FBS game, another with a competitive Big Sky program and finally a game with an FCS team we should beat. One cupcake game is good to provide the coaching staff the chance to give back-ups some action. And it's hard to tell how good/bad teams are going to be a few years in advance when you need to schedule them.
          It would be interesting to see the dates on this contract. We do know that APBU did win their Conference Division in 2013. I dont think we can find much information about what has been going on at APBU, as Westside said earlier this week.

Comment

GDT: Arkansas Pine-Sol Golden Linens

Were the east side stands really empty? Feels like we’re actually underreporting our attendance this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              Were the east side stands really empty? Feels like we’re actually underreporting our attendance this year.
              I thought the east side stands had fewer fans than in the Montana State game but looked "close" -- turns out the comparative attendance numbers were 14,614 for the MSU game and 14,526 for UAPB game. I'm terrible about guessing crowd numbers but I thought the east side looked somewhere around half full, maybe a touch more. Very good student crowd at the start of the game much like the MSU game.

I thought the attendance numbers for both MSU and UAPB were accurate and we're not under- or over-reporting.

I wouldn't criticize anyone who left the UAPB game early. But I stayed for the entire game because you just can't tell what interesting stuff one may see. In this case, we saw very young SDSU players look very good in their first appearance in an actual game.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post

118 felt full. 119 was pretty. 117, 116,115 were pretty good because of senior day. Not sure of 120 and north.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  118 felt full. 119 was pretty. 117, 116,115 were pretty good because of senior day. Not sure of 120 and north.
                  I would like to add to your raves:

The person running the sound is doing an amazing job over what we have had in the past. It's mor like what you experience at an FBS venue now, Kudos!

Comment

I’m just kinda shocked we can have the corner for families by the student section 3/4 full and less than 16k I guess.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I see your point. In any event, I don't think we'll be accused of exaggerating attendance figures.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                        APB is an D-1, FCS team, the same as SDSU, so you can't really fault scheduling a game with them, especially considering that SDSU needed a home game for the Beef Bowl. Who knows what year this game was negotiated and scheduled.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

I know you aren't supposed to bring other message board drama onto here, but if anybody is looking for some late night entertainment I suggest you google the HBCU forum and take a gander at the game thread and Stig thread they have going... some of those takes, uffda.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                            I know you aren't supposed to bring other message board drama onto here, but if anybody is looking for some late night entertainment I suggest you google the HBCU forum and take a gander at the game thread and Stig thread they have going... some of those takes, uffda.
                            Very mild takes compared to bisonville and AGS. Some HBCU posters thought APBU should apologize for letting this happen. APBU was NAIA until 1997 so they have about seven years on SDSU at the FCS level. I doubt they have much support from the business community in Pine Bluffs, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                              The board has a lot different tone than the article: https://hbcusports.com/2018/09/16/s-...uldnt-have-to/

I think the original poster understands what Stig was trying to say.
                              Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                              -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                                I would like to add to your raves:

The person running the sound is doing an amazing job over what we have had in the past. It's mor like what you experience at an FBS venue now, Kudos!
                                Yes they very humble over there compared to other boards. BTW, I watched Pride performance before I left the game. The rocker guy with screeching guitar put on a great show. I am too old understand that stuff, others enjoyed.

Comment

Working...
                                X