GDT: Arkansas Pine-Sol Golden Linens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Arkansas Pine-Sol Golden Linens

Did anyone catch the distance on APB's long punt in the middle of the second half? That sucker must have gone at least 65 yards in the air, south to north, and it was high.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      Nobody routinely beats their opponent by 84. I guess the NCAA needs to get a mercy rule in place. Or should we just not try? Take a knee 3 times and punt?
      That would certainly put some confidence into the 2 and 3 deep guys when they get ready for another hard week of practice. These guys deserve to play 100%. (They could find a mercy rule for when Louisville or Cincinatti basketball teams pounded our WBB or consider getting better or do not schedule tough games. By the way, the Jacks WBB beat UAPB WBB by almost 60 2 years ago.) It was good for the reserves to get on the field for the second half to show their contributions to the team
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        I sat through the entire game and watched every suited-up Jackrabbit play —and play well. You can’t start taking knees in the third quarter. That would have been more demeaning.

I think the only practical action that the coaches could have taken but didn’t was to suit up those guys in the front row of the visitor section and make them play without helmets (many appear to have long-standing concussion issues anyway). The fake outrage crowd on bisonville’s would be, of course, outraged. Slosho would win a $25 gift card to Cubby’s after kicking 32-yard field goal.

The last pass for a TD was a good QB reacting to what the defense was giving him — that’s why he was recruited here.

Everyone played. Not a lot more to do. Very entertaining game for many unusual reasons and many great reasons including the results of great recruiting years.
        How about Tolu's closing speed on the sack/forced fumble? Hoping to see more of that.

As for possible coaching actions, I wonder if shortening the quarters and/or a running clock was/were ever discussed by the coaches and/or refs [FR-47, Article 2(a)]? If not, I wonder if it is something Stig would consider, should this ever reoccur.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          Did anyone catch the distance on APB's long punt in the middle of the second half? That sucker must have gone at least 65 yards in the air, south to north, and it was high.
          Gillan's punt at 14:49 mark of 4th quarter was reportedly 66yds, albeit for a touchback, so that wasn't net yardage.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
            Gillan's punt at 14:49 mark of 4th quarter was reportedly 66yds, albeit for a touchback, so that wasn't net yardage.
            Thanks. That was one heck of a punt.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              Thanks. That was one heck of a punt.
              Curious if he could be playing on Sundays. If he'd have dropped that one inside the five, it would've been even more exceptional.

Comment

The enrollment at APBU is 2516 and they are one of two land grant universities in Arkansas. This goes back to separate but equal days.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  The enrollment at APBU is 2516 and they are one of two land grant universities in Arkansas. This goes back to separate but equal days.
                  Unfortunately still better to schedule them instead of a decent DII/DIII/NAIA team.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                    How about Tolu's closing speed on the sack/forced fumble? Hoping to see more of that.

As for possible coaching actions, I wonder if shortening the quarters and/or a running clock was/were ever discussed by the coaches and/or refs [FR-47, Article 2(a)]? If not, I wonder if it is something Stig would consider, should this ever reoccur.
                    I dont think a running clock or similar is fair to the fans who paid to see a regulation game. Again, stop the offensive or put together some drives if you dont like getting blown out!

Comment

What did SDSU pay UAPB for the game?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        What did SDSU pay UAPB for the game?
                        After last night, probably not enough.

Comment

I was camping with cub scouts so didn't see anything. What was the offense doing? I can't imagine we went deep into the playbook. When you score from 60-70 yards every other play. Not much you can do as an offense. It's not fair for backups to only run up the middle and just eat up clock. They need game reps too.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                            Unfortunately still better to schedule them instead of a decent DII/DIII/NAIA team.
                            Oh I agree. We played at a low point of their program.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              I dont think a running clock or similar is fair to the fans who paid to see a regulation game. Again, stop the offensive or put together some drives if you dont like getting blown out!
                              Fair argument. Conversely, a sizable number of fans left at the half or very early in 3rd quarter

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                I was camping with cub scouts so didn't see anything. What was the offense doing? I can't imagine we went deep into the playbook. When you score from 60-70 yards every other play. Not much you can do as an offense. It's not fair for backups to only run up the middle and just asking eat up clock. They need game reps too.
                                Good for you and the boys. You did not miss much. I don’t know if Stig was aware of 1922 game against Columbus College of Sioux Falls. They quit tallying Ross Owens yardage at halftime so there is no total yardage for Owens or the team.The final score 85 SDSU 0 for Columbus College. Tyler Merriman shared this on my way home on WNAX. I and thousands of other fans left at halftime. Ross Owens played high school football for SDSU great Cleve Abbot and followed his mentor to SDSU and after college had a full career at Tuskegee coaching and teaching. Ross Owens was a great athlete in the 1920's.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 09-16-2018, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X