USD men at Pentagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD men at Pentagon

USD's schedule came out and they play a game at the Pentagon this season. Kind of odd that its a conference game vs Omaha in February. Why would you want to do that if youre USD?

Re: USD men at Pentagon

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    USD's schedule came out and they play a game at the Pentagon this season. Kind of odd that its a conference game vs Omaha in February. Why would you want to do that if youre USD?
    The only answer has to be Money

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      The only answer has to be Money
      So money is more important to them than the homecourt advantage plus how many students would drive to SF to watch it? Unless its a long weekend and they figure there wouldnt be many students at the game.

Comment

They played a football game against the Bison at Howard Wood a few years ago. "I thought that went well!"

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          *start smack* Perhaps they think it's the only way they will have a game in Sioux Falls this season? *end smack*

It has to be someone in the athletic department's way of trying to gain a fanbase in the Sioux Falls area. WOuldn't it be fun if we could get a ton of Jackrabbit fans at the game and cheer for Omaha?
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            *start smack* Perhaps they think it's the only way they will have a game in Sioux Falls this season? *end smack*

It has to be someone in the athletic department's way of trying to gain a fanbase in the Sioux Falls area. WOuldn't it be fun if we could get a ton of Jackrabbit fans at the game and cheer for Omaha?
            We can't even get a lot of Jack's fans to the Pentagon to cheer on the Jack's.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              We can't even get a lot of Jack's fans to the Pentagon to cheer on the Jack's.
              I'm surprised the Jacks have not been able to sell out the Pentagon for the games played in that venue. I think its a fun place to watch the game as you are right on top of the action and not a bad seat.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                I'm surprised the Jacks have not been able to sell out the Pentagon for the games played in that venue. I think its a fun place to watch the game as you are right on top of the action and not a bad seat.
                Wasnt there a football playoff game before the Pentagon game last year? Im sure a lot of people didnt want to do both. But then there wasnt many at the football game either. Ive gone to all of the Pentagon games. Its usually against a decent mid major.

Comment

This is kind of smack and kind of not.

This doesn't surprise me at all. Outside of the SDSU games, the crowds for the games at USD were really sparse. They only had 2,206 show up on a Saturday against their other "rival" NDSU. Against a team like Omaha they probably aren't looking at a big gate.

So, why not "showcase" USD away from Vermillion for a night and try and make it a big deal? Will be interesting to see how it turns out for them.

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

well, We are South Dakota so its only right they play in SF, then the Corn Palace, Aberdeen, Faith, Buffalo, Spearfish, RC, Menno, you know take it to South Dakota. oops smack in a non smack

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                      well, We are South Dakota so its only right they play in SF, then the Corn Palace, Aberdeen, Faith, Buffalo, Spearfish, RC, Menno, you know take it to South Dakota. oops smack in a non smack
                      I don't think I would drive to Menno to see the Yotes. that's a long ways from Arlington.

Comment

Working...
                      X