X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: Arkansas Pine Bluff

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Anyone want to talk about the game???

Things they'd like to see? Plays they'd like to see called? Adjustments from game 1 to 2? Heck, what are people cooking at their tailgate spots this week? etc, etc etc... I know we are going to blow them out but the lack of interest is kind of depressing.
    Yah, this one is a little harder to get up for.

I'd just hoping we look sharp and play to our abilities rather than the opponent. Fortunately or unfortunately, we can play pretty awful and still win by at least a comfortable margin, but that won't even be close to the case the next time we take the field. Treat this as valuable prep work for the Bison.

No injuries, efficiency on both sides of the ball, and experience for the young guys is what I'd like to see from this game. Specifically, I'd like to see Kanin throw the ball some when he gets in (preferably to start the 2nd half) and sneak J'Bore into the game late.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Anyone want to talk about the game???

Things they'd like to see? Plays they'd like to see called? Adjustments from game 1 to 2? Heck, what are people cooking at their tailgate spots this week? etc, etc etc... I know we are going to blow them out but the lack of interest is kind of depressing.
      Cavanaugh going to play at all? I want to see him or Hart get involved in the passing game. I also want to see Jacob Brown involved. I think he's got a lot of potential. Idk if it will be Brown, but I would like to see another playmaker emerge in the passing game. Having 2 legit weapons is crucial, because you can make teams pay for paying too much attention to one guy (possibly Cade Johnson).

It would be nice to see the D line get a handful of sacks. For the most part I want to see them to continue their success on 3rd down like they had in the first game. Also, limit the deep balls, as there were too many of those last game.

Comment

I’d like to see the second string gets lots of time and have them be much sharper than last week. That MSU 4th quarter got a little sloppy - something Stig immediately identified as a negative in his postgame radio interview. As much as I’d like the starters to get extensive conditioning and experience for NDSU, I know that the real test is the 2+ month meat grinder that follows “the big game”. A MVFC season is a war of attrition, especially along the lines.

Comment

I'd like to never again see a Swing Pass on 3rd down and long (unless ZZ finds missing eligibility) or for that matter a pass that's short of the 1st down. (Our section calls it the "3rd down give up play")

The 605-HOGS need to Absolutely dominate.

I'd like to see a bit more out of the Kick off return team. As they didn't have a chance to do much last game.

Backup QB by the end of the 1st quarter would be nice.

Wings, we're cooking up 20lbs of wings and have over a half a dozen sauces.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm ok if the kick return only gets one chance, they can work that in the bye week if need be.

I think this team may be built to feature a different star(s) weekly. Cade could end up being an every week one but the nice thing about spreading it around is the opposition never gets a chance to focus on one dimension. Cade, Anderson, Brown, Lewis...all have flashed. Hill and Campbell have the potential. Throw in the RBs where if Wallace has a huge opening he will flash, Daniel does well and did well with the swing passes he got last week. Wilson and Strong both played well too. TE wise is the concern but I think they were tasked more with blocking that D last week than getting out in the pattern. We will need one to emerge as a threat on the slow drag across the middle. I fear if Cavanaugh can't get better Kunz will pass him up if he already hasn't. Typically we only utilize TEs 2 deep.

Defensively, I'd like to see at least 3-4 sacks and 2-3 picks and no more than 17 points.

prediction, 58-10.

Comment

Allow me to give the "kiss of death", I'm actually not worried this week.

Just get through the game injury free, and hopefully the backups get to play most of the 2nd half. (Meaning that the starters have put the game away already)
              -I'd like the starters to play a full half, though. Just for those reps.

Going to be a 100% different offense from what they faced last week. (and then about 100% different in the next game, NDSU)

Play hard, Play well, Don't get hurt.

Comment

I think this game will be a good test for our corners and our pass rush. They throw it a lot (though it sounds like they throw a lot of quick outs/bubbles), so I'd like to see how we respond to that. We got beat over the top a few times last week, so it will be a good challenge to see of we can lock it down this saturday. It sounds like running the ball isn't their strength, so I'm hopeful we can have another dominant performance to that end. This week will be different though in the sense that we will be playing a more dynamic offense, even if they may not be as talented as MSU individually. I don't think the Jacks cover the spread, and I wont be surprised if we give up some big plays. As long as we get the W, I'll be happy if we have a few things to work on going into the marker. As great as the MSU win was, it was still only one game, and we can always be better.

Comment

This game needs to be what we thought it would be (in my best Denny Green voice). They are who we thought they were.

Need to come out aggressively and put it away quickly.

Closed circuit to Stig: Because I know he reads this religiously for input. Get the starters out early and get the kids some playing time. Your fanbase is begging you. We have bigger fish to fry! Let's have everyone healthy heading to Fargo.

Don't care how many APB scores. Just put it away early and move on.

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I agree it will be a test for backend and tackling shifty receivers. If our d line doesn’t get at least a couple of sacks I’m going to be worried about our ability to get pressure going forward.
                    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

We really should absolutely destroy these guys. I would worry about looking past them, but with the bye week that would take some doing. And tbh, even if we look past them we should still win pretty easily if we are what we think we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        We really should absolutely destroy these guys. I would worry about looking past them, but with the bye week that would take some doing. And tbh, even if we look past them we should still win pretty easily if we are what we think we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I dont see them as a threat either, but their O should be a good test for our D.

Comment

Not much to see here, but the UAPB kicker is legit. During the half he hammered a 65 yarder right down the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                            Not much to see here, but the UAPB kicker is legit. During the half he hammered a 65 yarder right down the middle.
                            Not sure if it's the same guy but their punter was also impressive!!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              Not sure if it's the same guy but their punter was also impressive!!
                              Same guy.
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Same guy.
                                This was asked another thread, any idea what the dollar amount for the game guarantee? I thinking about $125,000. Knowing that HBC hard up for cash it could be less perhaps.

Comment

Working...
                                X