Game Week: Arkansas Pine Bluff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Week: Arkansas Pine Bluff

Jacks are 51.5 point favorites, total is 71.5, predicted score of 61-10. Should be an opportunity to put the new red shirt rule to use as the starters may get pulled at half or early in the 3rd quarter.

Re: Game Week: Arkansas Pine Bluff

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Jacks are 51.5 point favorites, total is 71.5, predicted score of 61-10. Should be an opportunity to put the new red shirt rule to use as the starters may get pulled at half or early in the 3rd quarter.
    I don't see the Jacks covering the spread and it has nothing to do with the talent. I just don't see this coaching staff allowing it to get to that point. Wholesale line changes and conservative play calling in the second half should keep the spread in that 38-45 range. Before last year at Misery State, the Jacks hadn't scored 60 points in a game since something like 2005. Of course, there could always be a pick-6, fumble recovery, or other misc ways of scoring.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      I don't see the Jacks covering the spread and it has nothing to do with the talent. I just don't see this coaching staff allowing it to get to that point. Wholesale line changes and conservative play calling in the second half should keep the spread in that 38-45 range. Before last year at Misery State, the Jacks hadn't scored 60 points in a game since something like 2005. Of course, there could always be a pick-6, fumble recovery, or other misc ways of scoring.
      I agree, probably won't get that spread. They'll be more worried about resting guys for the impending Bison game.

Comment

I agree, probably won't get that spread. They'll be more worried about resting guys for the impending Bison game.
        We have a bye next week, and already missed one game to cancellation. Rest shouldn't be an issue at all.

I'd be surprised if the starters were out before half regardless of the score.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
          We have a bye next week, and already missed one game to cancellation. Rest shouldn't be an issue at all.

You're telling me you're going to risk injury to TC if we're up by a 50 burger early in the 3rd quarter? I realize I said rest, but what I meant was making sure we don't risk unnecessary injuries to any key players.

Comment

We might hit that score after watching our young rbs last game in the 4th. I wouldn't be shocked if were almost running exclusively and still putting up major points. APB is a baaaaad team. On the other hand, I also wouldn't be surprised to see us come out pretty lethargic after what we did to MAU if the guys come out overconfident.
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Here is what I have on UAPB. Creating this made me so thankful for Matt Zimmer, KDLT and KSFY, MidCo, state newspapers, and radio stations. There is almost ZERO coverage of these guys.

http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...-arkansas.html
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post

I think we learned our lesson about playing starters too long last year during the New Hampshire game.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  I think we learned our lesson about playing starters too long last year during the New Hampshire game.

Comment

You're telling me you're going to risk injury to TC if we're up by a 50 burger early in the 3rd quarter? I realize I said rest, but what I meant was making sure we don't risk unnecessary injuries to any key players.
                    I would not do that but wasn't TC in there when SDSU was up something like 42-7 near the 4th quarter last year against New Hampshire in the playoffs. He took a hit, looked like he was hurt and then they left him and he ran outside and got hit again (on the very next play).
                    If he was injured the next week against James Madison or not is still up in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                      I would not do that but wasn't TC in there when SDSU was up something like 42-7 near the 4th quarter last year against New Hampshire in the playoffs. He took a hit, looked like he was hurt and then they left him and he ran outside and got hit again (on the very next play).
                      If he was injured the next week against James Madison or not is still up in the air.
                      Yes, that was what Westside was referring to.

Comment

Yes, that was what Westside was referring to.
                        Darned if you do or don't. Conditioning will be a factor at NDSU and only playing two games with a bye does not bode well. Need to play the starters into the 2nd half or we will not be in game shape in two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                          Darned if you do or don't. Conditioning will be a factor at NDSU and only playing two games with a bye does not bode well. Need to play the starters into the 2nd half or we will not be in game shape in two weeks.
                          I mostly agree with this, but maybe pull Christion before the other starters and get Kanin some work with the 1's. I'm not sure conditioning is as important with the QB position, and if he looks crisp in the first half, no need to chance it after that.
                          Last edited by Kemo; 09-12-2018, 12:57 AM.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                            If we get blown out in Fargo this could be a factor. NDSU had a bye this past week but have games with North Alabama, a former D2 power, and with Delaware before they face the Jacks. So we might be behind the 8 ball on this one. Pulling TC and leaving the rest in sounds like good idea. BTW North Alabama beat SUU for their first FCS win, so they might be able to bang with the bison for the entire game. Delaware is not the same team who beat us awhile back. They went south the last few seasons so bison starters will probably be getting some rest that day. I am getting ahead of myself here.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 09-12-2018, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                              he was injured the next week against James Madison.
                              FIFY

If we are worried about conditioning into a game, then no one was working the rest of the week. We'll be fine. get the starters out of there when you are up by 24. If you have to put them back in then do so. I'd rather do that then keep them in unnecessarily. Keeping in the starters too long is my longstanding gripe with this team. It's ridiculous.
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                              X