Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Montana State Robert Katz

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
    Actually the safeties rotated series the entire game.

Snyder/Slade
    Snyder/Brown
    Manchigiah/Slade
    Snyder/Slade
    We are super stacked at safety. Unless I am mistaken (or there was a different reason for it) Romanesko, who made some good plays last year, didn't even dress last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
      We are super stacked at safety. Unless I am mistaken (or there was a different reason for it) Romanesko, who made some good plays last year, didn't even dress last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I believe he has a shoulder injury and could be done. It’s been a chronic issue.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
        Seven played, had a sack, special teams tackle, overall was in on a lot of play s even if the stats don’t exactly show it. We are incredibly good and deep at linebacker. I’d love to see a package where both Seven and Backhaus are out on the field together.
        I'm going to blame my kids why I missed him playing.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          I'm going to blame my kids why I missed him playing.
          I did not see Seven, six or five either. I will blame the guy sitting next to me who was talking retirement and moving back to ND to milk cows. In all sincerity Seven Wilson is an excellent player. I am busy studying the Montana State game program to become better acquainted with the numbers and players.

Comment

MSU's coach Choate didn't sit for a post-game press conference. I thought that odd but perhaps here's the explanation: It's being reported/discussed on BobCatNatiion.com, the MSU fan forum, that Coach Choate had an appendectomy over the weekend. Let's hope for a speedy recovery.

http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/vie...p?f=20&t=46478

In a second thread on BobCatNation.com, a message sent out to media says Coach Choate will not have the usual Monday meeting with the press.

http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=46458&start=60

Comment

KO and punt teams were outstanding Saturday. Hale had 1 touchback and 3 inside the 20. Excellent placement and coverage. On KO, Vinetari had a couple touchbacks, but also got zero'd in on landing them the 0-5 yard line, and I don't recall any return making it past the 20. The bobcats were so dismayed with their KOR, they fair caught the last one. New rule I wasn't aware of: KOR fair catches inside 25 get the ball spotted at the 25, equivalent to a touchback.

On punt return, can we get a returner that isn't so gun shy? Seems like he kept second guessing what to do. I guess I long for the days of Paul Aanonson again.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
                KO and punt teams were outstanding Saturday. Hale had 1 touchback and 3 inside the 20. Excellent placement and coverage. On KO, Vinetari had a couple touchbacks, but also got zero'd in on landing them the 0-5 yard line, and I don't recall any return making it past the 20. The bobcats were so dismayed with their KOR, they fair caught the last one. New rule I wasn't aware of: KOR fair catches inside 25 get the ball spotted at the 25, equivalent to a touchback.

On punt return, can we get a returner that isn't so gun shy? Seems like he kept second guessing what to do. I guess I long for the days of Paul Aanonson again.
                I'm guessing much of that was to do with the rugby style punts they were sending his way. It seemed that MSU made it a point to not give us anything returnable.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
                  Rubgy punts are sketchy. You have no idea how they're going to bounce, so they're tough to be aggressive with. Another factor with rugby punts is they can take a long time to kick, so there's less time for a return (which almost ended up in blocked punts multiple times). From what I saw, he played them the right way most of the time. Punt returners walk a fine line between being aggressive and being safe with the ball. I would rather err on the side of caution considering how much damage a muffed punt return can do.

Comment

One of the things I was impressed with (and there were a lot) was how our D line pressed the Cats when rushing only four guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X