• Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Montana State Robert Katz

We look OK right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Jacks respond to the Bobcats response. Mostly run that set up a great pitch and catch to Anderson, capped off by a Mikey Daniel TD run.

38-8, Rabbits.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Hopefully that score ends the starters' nights.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Cade Johnson with his 4th TD catch of the game!

Jacks lead 45-14 now with just over 10 minutes to play.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

So this Cade Johnson guy is pretty good.

Comment

45-14 Final. Jacks win!
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Cade Johnson is phenomenal. CJ Wilson is going to be a stud.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                  Our backfield looks really stout. 4 guys who can come in and produce.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

I thought Strong looked damn good in mop up duty too-
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Cade looked really good. Got great separation on a lot of his routes, has very sure hands, and speed for days. Going to be fun to watch for the next 3 years. Lewis and Anderson looked solid too. I would have liked to see more out of Brown. Seemed like he had a few drops. I would have also liked to see more from Hart, I don't think he got a target.

CJ Wilson just might be the best RB on the team. Obviously he has earned carries, as he got 12 compared to 9 for Mikey and Wallace. Nice to have such a deep stable of backs.

Christion looked really good once he settled into the game and got into a groove. He had issues holding on to the ball a lot though, which is discouraging, especially with the way the JMU game went. Hopefully he can take care of that issue.

Comment

Not sure if our Defense is really good, or MSU's offense is really bad.

But if their O-line is a strength, they are in for a long year.

The Jackrabbits team speed at LB and DB is impressive. Those guys are swarming, and breaking very quickly. Only negative is there wasn't alot of pass rush. But that's really just picking knits. D looked good. Offense has a lot of talent. As mentioned, lots of playmakers in the backfield, and Cade Johnson might be the fastest Jackrabbit I've seen.

Comment

Pretty dang good home opener, as the game was never in doubt, and we got to witness a spectacular game from Cade, relatively stout defense, and an epic guitar performance paired with the Pride at halftime.

Side note -- I noticed multiple Highway Patrol officers on the sideline, including what appeared to be at least one from Montana. I never recall seeing that level of police presence at prior games. Any idea if this is just the new security protocol or if MSU or the Jacks made a special request?

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                            Not sure if our Defense is really good, or MSU's offense is really bad.

But if their O-line is a strength, they are in for a long year.

The Jackrabbits team speed at LB and DB is impressive. Those guys are swarming, and breaking very quickly. Only negative is there wasn't alot of pass rush. But that's really just picking knits. D looked good. Offense has a lot of talent. As mentioned, lots of playmakers in the backfield, and Cade Johnson might be the fastest Jackrabbit I've seen.
                            I agree is our D that good or is MSU really bad? An excellent question. Only having 5 minutes of tape no doubt had some impact. With Goerert and Wienke gone who do you key on? Who ever brought the tape issue up deserves some rep points as it sure looked like they had no idea what to plan for. They kept trying to run the ball and we stuffed them. if not for half time adjustments, MSU might still be trying to run the ball and 3 and out until the final horn. I am concerned about our pass defense and giving up big plays like we did early in the 3rd quarter. Coach Bergstom has work to do. Cade Johnson is the real deal.

Comment

Noticed that too. My buddy thought that if you are going to have hem there, might as well taser a guy who gets ejected for targeting!

Had a group of Bobcat fans around us at the game. All in all a good group except for one idiot lady who kept telling me to sit down when I stood to cheer for the D on 3rd down. Told me I’m rude! She better never go to Fargo to watch a game...

Comment

GDT: Montana State Robert Katz

I loved the balance. Defense, special teams, passing and running - each looked good most of the game. I was skeptical coming in to tonight, but that looked like a top-5 team. It felt like we were playing one of those non-scholarship squad, not one that just beat what should be a decent MVFC team. No apparent injuries either. Polish a few things up against Pine Bluff and get ready for the big one.

Comment

Working...
                                X