Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Montana State Robert Katz

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    1st 1 in the books....we looked really good.....next week will be pretty vanilla.....so I'm sure people will be able to find enough to bitch about by the end of the game.
    Don’t worry, I’m ready

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
      He put up some pretty damn stupid numbers for “not having the receivers who made him good”. He’s the qb though, so people are always going to rip on him. 21-29 for 371 yards is pretty damn good. It’s not like we played MVSU or a Pioneer League team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Definitely understand that tendency re. QBs, but this person and some posters here have a propensity to minimize Christion's contributions and attribute any success to the receivers' prowess. I thought that might decrease this season, but it appears I could be mistaken.

Comment

How bout a shout out to the students? Unless im way off, the student section looked packed on TV. Good work.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
        Your assessment is accurate, and Coach Eck recognized it too via tweet. It was neat to see.

Comment

The DL look real good to me, very much calmed my fears there. The defense did look good overall, i know their qb wasnt great but i think we made him look worse than he will against the Fluffy tbh.

How bout a shout out to the students? Unless im way off, the student section looked packed on TV. Good work.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
          I was very happy to see the student section 90% full
          Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            Makiah Slade started at free safety, but I think Lorenzo Williams took his place after a couple of series and stayed in the game. I don't know what prompted the switch.
            I think Lorenzo brings more thump to the position and may be a better tackler.
            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              Makiah Slade started at free safety, but I think Lorenzo Williams took his place after a couple of series and stayed in the game. I don't know what prompted the switch.
              Actually the safeties rotated series the entire game.

Snyder/Slade
              Snyder/Brown
              Manchigiah/Slade
              Snyder/Slade

Comment

I liked the offensive plays ,seem more sophisticated, like the one where one guy goes to the right, sets himself, another goes in motion right, gets set,the right side is now overloaded , there's a fake handoff to a back to the right side, but the ball carrier goes left ,seems like there was a short delay, for a huge gain into an almost completely open field. I believe it was a short yardage down ,possibly the 3rd, can't remember. This had them completely fooled ,incorporated the use of misdirection, very good 3rd down short yardage (?) play. I'm sure ND St took note of it also.

Comment

Great first game for the season. Even if MSU has an anemic offense, the D still had to make plays and not give them a glimmer of hope until the game was out of reach. I liked the activity that the defense showed. They seem to be much faster than the last couple years. We have a really, really good linebacker crew.

Offensively we are much faster than last year. I think that we have definitely improved at RB. I also think that by the end of the year we will say that our overall WR corp will be better than last year. There weren't many targets of the TEs, but then again I don't think that we needed to target them. The TC/Cade connection was doing all the damage. TC started out shaky and I was a little concerned with his gripping of the ball, but as the game progressed he seemed to overcome that.

Both lines seemed to hold their own against a team that supposedly had better talent in the trenches. I think that it will be interesting to see how they grow up over the course of the season.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    I liked the offensive plays ,seem more sophisticated, like the one where one guy goes to the right, sets himself, another goes in motion right, gets set,the right side is now overloaded , there's a fake handoff to a back to the right side, but the ball carrier goes left ,seems like there was a short delay, for a huge gain into an almost completely open field. I believe it was a short yardage down ,possibly the 3rd, can't remember. This had them completely fooled ,incorporated the use of misdirection, very good 3rd down short yardage (?) play. I'm sure ND St took note of it also.
                    I think that having a QB that probably knows the offense just as good as the coaches allows for a more complicated offense.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                      I think that having a QB that probably knows the offense just as good as the coaches allows for a more complicated offense.
                      Yes, I wonder if the QB had the option to handoff to the right or go to the left on that particular play depending how the defense sets up just prior to the snap. With a Sr QB you'd think so.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        Yes, I wonder if the QB had the option to handoff to the right or go to the left on that particular play depending how the defense sets up just prior to the snap. With a Sr QB you'd think so.
                        My guess is that the coaching staff gives TC a lot of latitude when it comes to play calling. Perhaps they give him two or three options to choose from after he reads the defense.

It will be interesting to see how the information trickles down to the younger QBs.

Comment

I’ll say I was impressed with Manchigiah and how he flowed broke on the ball when it was in the air. I think he has future at FS, especially with his CB experience. Snyder is an all out stud athlete, definitely a huge addition.

Comment

My thoughts on the game. Run defense was great. Little disappointed in the pass rush. Didn't seem like we got much pressure. Felt like machagiah stood out on defense. Wilson is flat out fast. Speaking of Wilson. Did Seven play? Rushing struggled in the first half. Better second. Pass game seemed pretty good. Johnson is going to get. Lit of touches this year for sure with his speed. Over all a pretty solid game.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

All 3 of TC's real td throws were big time, dropping freaking dimes. His deep throw to Marquise was beautiful and that throw to AA was a throw he didn't hit last year. Also, I think Wilson is our best RB and will be the starter/primary back by the end of the season. He is going to be special and Cade Johnson is already special. Our defense is fast btw.

Highlights...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7zh-nEQA5o

<a data-cke-saved-href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7zh-nEQA5o" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7zh-nEQA5o">

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                My thoughts on the game. Run defense was great. Little disappointed in the pass rush. Didn't seem like we got much pressure. Felt like machagiah stood out on defense. Wilson is flat out fast. Speaking of Wilson. Did Seven play? Rushing struggled in the first half. Better second. Pass game seemed pretty good. Johnson is going to get. Lit of touches this year for sure with his speed. Over all a pretty solid game.
                                Seven played, had a sack, special teams tackle, overall was in on a lot of play s even if the stats don’t exactly show it. We are incredibly good and deep at linebacker. I’d love to see a package where both Seven and Backhaus are out on the field together.
                                Last edited by Jackedforlife; 09-09-2018, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X