Witzmann cut by Chiefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witzmann cut by Chiefs

After Witzmann had made the Chiefs active roster, the Chiefs picked up a former Browns OL and cut Witzmann. I'm guessing another team will pick him up, hopefully the Vikings! They could certainly use the help.

Re: Witzmann cut by Chiefs

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    After Witzmann had made the Chiefs active roster, the Chiefs picked up a former Browns OL and cut Witzmann. I'm guessing another team will pick him up, hopefully the Vikings! They could certainly use the help.
    Hey oh! Witzmann is officially a Viking!

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings...?sf197367690=1

Comment

Hey oh! Witzmann is officially a Viking!

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings...?sf197367690=1
      Awesome, now if they'd just sign Ohnesorge as well.

Comment

Possibly looking for help at left guard. I was not impressed with Compton yesterday. But then again, I probably hold his college pedigree against him.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
          Possibly looking for help at left guard. I was not impressed with Compton yesterday. But then again, I probably hold his college pedigree against him.
          You're not the only one. The Vikings can't wait for Elflien to be back so they can move Jones to LG. Although now Witzmann could potentially step in at LG and win the starting job. This is a great opportunity for him.

Comment

And last night, Witzmann starts for the Bears.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
              And last night, Witzmann starts for the Bears.
              I thought he was with the vikings?
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

So did I. Looks like the Vikes released him Oct. 5. I don't see when the Bears picked him up, but he's played in four games for them and started the last two.
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I would like to hear someone on the Vikings coaching staff explain how Witzmann is good enough to start for the Bears, but couldn't even make the Vikings active roster. Especially when you have freaking Tom Compton and Mike Remmers starting at guard.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    I would like to hear someone on the Vikings coaching staff explain how Witzmann is good enough to start for the Bears, but couldn't even make the Vikings active roster. Especially when you have freaking Tom Compton and Mike Remmers starting at guard.
                    As a Bears fan thank you Vikings. Witzmann stepped in played great with Kyle Long being out.

Not to pile on but if you keep Treadwell at WR on your roster (I get the financial aspect) you are not about winning.

Comment

Thank you. I really believe DeFillipo screwed the Vikings this year. It sounded like they didn't feel like Witzmann fit what DeFillipo needed from a lineman.

Comment

Thank you. I really believe DeFillipo screwed the Vikings this year. It sounded like they didn't feel like Witzmann fit what DeFillipo needed from a lineman.
                        Unfortunately, can't let management off the hook there. They had Stefanski on staff prior to the season and wanted to go in another direction. Can't say I'd stay in that situation if I were Stefanski, so there's a decent probability they'll have a third offensive coordinator in the space of six months.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          As a Bears fan thank you Vikings. Witzmann stepped in played great with Kyle Long being out.

Not to pile on but if you keep Treadwell at WR on your roster (I get the financial aspect) you are not about winning.
                          Hopefully Treadwell takes his concrete mitts back home to Chicago next season

Comment

Have to wonder how Tony Sparano's death impacted such roster moves. It might've been easier for DeFilippo to exert influence given the Vikes utilizing co-offensive line coaches rather than someone with TS's acumen.

Comment

A recent article on fansided.com outlining the Chicago Bears needs for 2019 had this to say. "Witzmann is a free agent and the Bears should work hard to bring him back."

Comment

Working...
                              X