Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: Montana State

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
    Disguise is one aspect, but more importantly is execution. I know a lot of vanilla defenses that are very effective. Norm Paker and now Phil Parker at Iowa have a top 25 defense almost every year. They try to limit big plays, limit penalties, execute the fundamentals, and be tougher than their opponent. I know many defensive coordinators who are so complex their own players are thinking rather than playing and often times out of position. I think their is a balance. In my opinion over the years of not being good on 3rd and long is bringing in 3-5 bodies that have bot been in the flow of the game and asking them to execute is very difficult. I saw it last week at Iowa State. We sub package on 3rd and long and bring in guys not in the flow of the game. They get a 1st down and now we scramble to get our base defense back in the game and they run quick huddle with what appeared to be unbalanced, we can't get it communicated and we had guys out of position and the hit a big play.
    Execution with any D is important. I agree that subbing in guys for specific situations may break up the rythym. But I'd also contend that we gave up 3rd and long last year regardless of personnel in the game. While there may be plenty of D's that play simple schemes and lock down, statistically, ours hasn't been one of them. If we were a top 3 Valley D year in and out, I wouldn't care. It just seems like a little bit of variety in scheme and package wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      I think this team has more speed than any other Jack's team.
      I'd agree with that. I'm also of the opinion that this d line we face tomorrow will be the third best d line unit we see all year. They could cause headaches for our revamped o line unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
        Choate still implied that it was a very straight forward scheme that was well executed. That's mostly "coach speak" in my opinion. The skyline guy's weren't condescending in their analysis either. My point was that I think that's a very fair observation about our lack of disguise on d and very conservative game plans. There's no doubt that we have a very vanilla D scheme. It works (sometimes), but it's no doubt harmed us at times too and allowed some very average passing QBS to gain confidence connecting on 8 yard outs against us.
        Hasn't than been a hallmark of Stig's teams? They a basic in their schemes and work to execute them perfectly. He has opened things up a bit more with the playmakers that he had as his disposal. If you look at both sides of the ball there really isn't anything flashy about SDSU.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Got our tickets ordered. Might be only game we make. Hopefully we can make more.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            Hasn't than been a hallmark of Stig's teams? They a basic in their schemes and work to execute them perfectly. He has opened things up a bit more with the playmakers that he had as his disposal. If you look at both sides of the ball there really isn't anything flashy about SDSU.
            I'd completely disagree with that. Our offense has been much more dynamic and innovative in the last couple of years than our D. The formations, RPO schemes, and motion within each set of our offense are quite a bit different than they were pre 2013. Even in 2012, we started to evolve, and by 2014, we were running more dynamic sets and motions on offense. That's a product of Coach E taking over as full coordinator in 2012, and the subsequent playmakers we've had from 2012 to current day. Rewatch our 2013 NAU playoff game and our 2014 games. Lots more gun, motion, and zone read in 2014, simular to our sets today. We ran downhill a lot more then, but you can see how we've changed just by looking at those two seasons. And of course on the last three years, we've morphed even more.
            I'd say our O has been anything but predictable in the last 7 years, given how much we've changed our identity to match our personnel.

Defensively, I'd agree that it's always kind of been that way. And maybe offensively too, until recent times.

Comment

Is there fan fest and kids stuff in the sjac for this game?
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Is there fan fest and kids stuff in the sjac for this game?
                I believe they do that for every home game.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  I believe they do that for every home game.
                  Where is the info? I looked for it. How much doesn't cost to park?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Where is the info? I looked for it. How much doesn't cost to park?
                    You can park in the Northwest lots for $5/car. They do have activities for kids in a SJAC every home game.

Comment

What’s the options for TV? Is the new ESPN3 a streaming service?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        MidcoSN and ESPN+(subscription streaming service)

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          You probably understand Ad blockers and how to remove them. Llast week I watched nearly all of KState vs USD for free on ESPN3.I assume u might find true for the Montana Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            You probably understand Ad blockers and how to remove them. Llast week I watched nearly all of KState vs USD for free on ESPN3.I assume u might find true for the Montana Game.
                            Probably need to have ESPN+ tbh. I only could watch three or four FCS games last Saturday on regular ESPN3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                              Probably need to have ESPN+ tbh. I only could watch three or four FCS games last Saturday on regular ESPN3.

Just confirming this. We will be on ESPN+ so if you want to watch somewhere that you don’t get Midco or if you don’t have it then this is the route to go. First seven days are a free trial. $5/month after that. Don’t expect higher quality production, the games they broadcast are still the same set up as before. Whoever produces the game just has it streamed through their site.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                                Just confirming this. We will be on ESPN+ so if you want to watch somewhere that you don’t get Midco or if you don’t have it then this is the route to go. First seven days are a free trial. $5/month after that. Don’t expect higher quality production, the games they broadcast are still the same set up as before. Whoever produces the game just has it streamed through their site.

The only ESPN3 game I can get to day is Houston vs Arizona, and Mediacom is not listed on the other available games. I have Mediacom for my cable provider. So I need what Thumper suggested.

Comment

Working...
                                X