Game Week: Montana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Week: Montana State

We saw very little and as fans we are hungry for FB...but think of the players, they were itching to go last night. I think the Bobcats are in for a world of hurt with a team that is going crazy to hit for 60 min...I’ll take the Jacks 49-13...

Re: Game Week: Montana State

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    We saw very little and as fans we are hungry for FB...but think of the players, they were itching to go last night. I think the Bobcats are in for a world of hurt with a team that is going crazy to hit for 60 min...I’ll take the Jacks 49-13...
    Dang, I'm a fan of that predicted score. Can't wait for Sat.

Comment

Jacks 35 Cats 10

it’ll take us 10 minutes to find the right pace since this will be the restart of the season. From there we’re all business and not too kind to the visitors.

Comment

I'll go 20-10 Jacks. That MSU D was pretty stout (at times), and they blitz a ton. If we pick it up and throw over it, we should be fine, and I'll adjust my prediction to 37-10 Jacks. If we dont pick up the blitz, this could be difficult.

They have an almost non existent offensive playbook. It's QB run, QB option, short outs, and the occasional fade that their QB looked terrible throwing on Thursday night. He runs hard, not super fast, but will be difficult to bring down. Stack the box and make him throw it more than 5 yards and our chances go way up.

None of this matters if we give up 3rd and longs though.

From what I watched, they don't have the best edge speed on D. The leather necks torched them in the first half on the jet sweep. Bobcats adjusted second half and shut it down, but they still got burned on the ground outside quite a bit. This might be a game with our slots getting involved early and often. Bobcat interior D line is solid, and will probably give us trouble in the pass rush, especially with our relatively new make up on the O line. Interior Running game for Jacks is probably going to be more successful if it's straight downhill and less option or zone read on the inside. Bobcats are fast on the D line, and I think they'll disrupt our timing with the option if we go to it too early. Get the ball on the edge in the first half and use that to set up some fly sweep play action and inside zone read, and I think we can get 200+ on the ground against these guys. Bobcats also lost a good corner of theirs in the game against western, so they might be vulnerable on one side for the long ball.

Fun stat: MSU compiled 239 total yards of offense in their win against western. Special teams and turnovers gave them short fields to score two TDs. They had 4 field goals. From what I saw, this offense is very simple and is not built to come from behind or put up points fast. If the Jacks can build a three score lead and not get too conservative, I don't think MSU can move the ball quick enough to mount a comeback.

This is a game where solo tackling the QB doesn't seem like it'll work. The kod is super strong. Multiple hats on the ball and good technique, and we can shut down this O.

Or, none of what I just said will happen and the bobcats will throw for 350+ and torch us on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
          I'll go 20-10 Jacks. That MSU D was pretty stout (at times), and they blitz a ton. If we pick it up and throw over it, we should be fine, and I'll adjust my prediction to 37-10 Jacks. If we dont pick up the blitz, this could be difficult.

They have an almost non existent offensive playbook. It's QB run, QB option, short outs, and the occasional fade that their QB looked terrible throwing on Thursday night. He runs hard, not super fast, but will be difficult to bring down. Stack the box and make him throw it more than 5 yards and our chances go way up.

None of this matters if we give up 3rd and longs though.

From what I watched, they don't have the best edge speed on D. The leather necks torched them in the first half on the jet sweep. Bobcats adjusted second half and shut it down, but they still got burned on the ground outside quite a bit. This might be a game with our slots getting involved early and often. Bobcat interior D line is solid, and will probably give us trouble in the pass rush, especially with our relatively new make up on the O line. Interior Running game for Jacks is probably going to be more successful if it's straight downhill and less option or zone read on the inside. Bobcats are fast on the D line, and I think they'll disrupt our timing with the option if we go to it too early. Get the ball on the edge in the first half and use that to set up some fly sweep play action and inside zone read, and I think we can get 200+ on the ground against these guys. Bobcats also lost a good corner of theirs in the game against western, so they might be vulnerable on one side for the long ball.

Fun stat: MSU compiled 239 total yards of offense in their win against western. Special teams and turnovers gave them short fields to score two TDs. They had 4 field goals. From what I saw, this offense is very simple and is not built to come from behind or put up points fast. If the Jacks can build a three score lead and not get too conservative, I don't think MSU can move the ball quick enough to mount a comeback.

This is a game where solo tackling the QB doesn't seem like it'll work. The kod is super strong. Multiple hats on the ball and good technique, and we can shut down this O.

Or, none of what I just said will happen and the bobcats will throw for 350+ and torch us on the ground.
          I'll take your numbers and especially your solid reasoning and just modify your numbers to suit my own lack of football knowledge and having a strong penchant for wearing blue and yellow.I think the margin of victory will be around 17 pts, due to our Offense being better and our Defense holding it's own. We wear em down and outscore them 37-20.Let's get the 'W' regardless of the score, Go Jacks!

Comment

Keep in mind the Bobcats have virtually no tape on what our offense looks like without Jake and Dallas. If Western had success on the outside against a perceived lack of their speed it could spell trouble with Cade, Marquise, Isaiah and Deyon not to mention Isaac and CJ out of the backfield. I’ll hang with us scoring 40+ Saturday night and at least one special teams TD as well.

Defensively I like our LBs/DBs tackling their QB...sure a tackle was missed last week but I’d say that more the anamoly vs the norm. If short outs become predictable expect a pick 6 too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
              Keep in mind the Bobcats have virtually no tape on what our offense looks like without Jake and Dallas. If Western had success on the outside against a perceived lack of their speed it could spell trouble with Cade, Marquise, Isaiah and Deyon not to mention Isaac and CJ out of the backfield. I’ll hang with us scoring 40+ Saturday night and at least one special teams TD as well.

Defensively I like our LBs/DBs tackling their QB...sure a tackle was missed last week but I’d say that more the anamoly vs the norm. If short outs become predictable expect a pick 6 too.
              Of course WE don't have any tape on how the offense will look like in-game either missing those guys. That being said, I think we come out to prove that them keeping it close last year was a fluke. I say 35-10 SDSU
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Any idea how ticket sales are going?
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Those of you predicting a big win and want to put a little money on the game will be happy to know that SDSU has been slated as 11 point favorites. The total is 56.5, so they're predicting a score of 34-23.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                    Any idea how ticket sales are going?
                    Today’s social media advertising blitz plus a quick look at the seats still remaining in a couple of the mid-field (east side) sections tells me there is a long way to go. The forecast looks really good so the walk-up numbers might be strong. This will be my first September game in quite a while. Really looking forward to it.

Comment

We have yet to get our tickets for the game. What is the requirements for bringing in in bags to the stadium. Will have a diaper bag.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        We have yet to get our tickets for the game. What is the requirements for bringing in in bags to the stadium. Will have a diaper bag.
                        Looks like it's the same as prior years - "No large bags or backpacks. Drawstring backpacks and small bags/purses allowed, but all bags and/or fans are subject to search"

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          Today’s social media advertising blitz plus a quick look at the seats still remaining in a couple of the mid-field (east side) sections tells me there is a long way to go. The forecast looks really good so the walk-up numbers might be strong. This will be my first September game in quite a while. Really looking forward to it.
                          We need to get our tailgating issues cleaned up so we can sell the game out.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Just make sure it's an actual diaper bag and not a backpack. They don't make an exception if you use a backpack as a diaper bag (dumb, I know).

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                              Looks like it's the same as prior years - "No large bags or backpacks. Drawstring backpacks and small bags/purses allowed, but all bags and/or fans are subject to search"
                              We use a book bag as our diaper bag. Just because it's much easier and works as a better diaper bag then most "diaper bags" do.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X