GDT: @ Iowa State Whirly Birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ Iowa State Whirly Birds

Regarding any refund of the purchased tv feed this is the response I received:

“Thanks for writing in. There are several issues in play here, one of them being that we do get a 12thgame scheduled at some point during the season. If that is the case, there is a chance that the subscriptions from the SDSU game could get rolled into that.
    This is all new to us and our administration and there are a lot of factors in play here. Once we start to hammer out those details, we’ll provide more on what is next. We’ve filed this email away and will be in touch as more information becomes available.

Thanks for your support of Cyclones.tv and Iowa State Athletics!”

Comment

Interesting response from Cyclones TV, JFL. I assumed they'd say you bought 24 hours of access, and got it. I'd better seek a refund, too.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
        Regarding any refund of the purchased tv feed this is the response I received:

“Thanks for writing in. There are several issues in play here, one of them being that we do get a 12thgame scheduled at some point during the season. If that is the case, there is a chance that the subscriptions from the SDSU game could get rolled into that.
        This is all new to us and our administration and there are a lot of factors in play here. Once we start to hammer out those details, we’ll provide more on what is next. We’ve filed this email away and will be in touch as more information becomes available.

Thanks for your support of Cyclones.tv and Iowa State Athletics!”

I contacted Sidearm Streaming's support and got a slightly different response:

We apologize for the inconvenience, and are as disappointed as you are in the weather issues that cancelled tonight’s game. We ask for your patience as we work with Iowa State in the coming days to work through the details of the cancellation.

Best,
        Sam

Still no word since then, but if you wanted to try them, they can be reached at streaming@sidearmsports.com.

Comment

The bigger issue is that the roku channel didn't even play the live stream until after they were in a rain delay. That in itself deserves a refund.

Comment

I called Sidearm in Syracuse Ny, at least 4 times and did not realize that there was a weather issue. I played computer-illiterate and had some one help me with the ad blocker issue and even after that I called again and demanded a credit, which I got. The charge was still pending and they took it off. Citi Bank card has a lengthy dispute charge questionnaire which might help. Iowa State has got to make up their $450,000 and that might explain why they are stingy with the credits. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              I called Sidearm in Syracuse Ny, at least 4 times and did not realize that there was a weather issue. I played computer-illiterate and had some one help me with the ad blocker issue and even after that I called again and demanded a credit, which I got. The charge was still pending and they took it off. Citi Bank card has a lengthy dispute charge questionnaire which might help. Iowa State has got to make up their $450,000 and that might explain why they are stingy with the credits. Good luck.
              Here is the latest from Sidearm:

Hi Jake,

We are still working with the school to hash out the details. Most likely, we will be issuing either a token that will give you free access to a stream or we will be issuing refunds. We should have the final details soon. Thanks for your paitence.

Streaming Support

SIDEARM Sports
              335 Hinds Hall | Syracuse NY 13244

I have a sneaky suspicion ISU will opt to award the token, as they can be reasonably assured that Jacks fans are unlikely to use them. Then a possible next step would be disputing the credit card charge, as Nidaros mentions. Letting Sidearm know the charge dispute will be our response if/when tokens are rewarded could dissuade them from doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                The bigger issue is that the roku channel didn't even play the live stream until after they were in a rain delay. That in itself deserves a refund.
                ^this^

I finally figured out I had to fast forward through 2 hours of pregame to get to watch my "live" feed...right as they went into the rain delay. from the camera angle at least I'll say the uni's looked good.

I'm going to chalk it up as a loss of $6.99 and know that this was pretty rare although not unforeseen.

Comment

The Collegian tweeted that the Jacks will not have a makeup game on 9/22. Sounded like Jacks wanted game at home, which likely complicated matters.

Matt Zimmer referenced Collegian's tweet as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                    The Collegian tweeted that the Jacks will not have a makeup game on 9/22. Sounded like Jacks wanted game at home, which likely complicated matters.

Matt Zimmer referenced Collegian's tweet as well.
                    Maybe the hurricane on East coast changes things. Could be other schools with bye week next week that don't want to miss two straight weekends without playing.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                      Maybe the hurricane on East coast changes things. Could be other schools with bye week next week that don't want to miss two straight weekends without playing.
                      Seems like that would be cutting it too close logistically. Jacks would need to address ticket sales and items like concessions and staffing,
                      and opponent would need to arrange travel, accommodations, etc.

I suppose if the Jacks paid them significantly, it could become more likely, but Matt Zimmer expressed skepticism anything would have been scheduled with even a regional opponent like Drake in subsequent tweet.

Comment

Apparently while we were trying to schedule Drake so was Iowa State. They tried to get a waiver from the NCAA to have them count as a bowl eligible win (due to the min scholarship factor) and were told no. I'm sure that didn't help us in trying to schedule them.
                        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I guess Iowa State scheduled a game against Incarnate Word on Dec. 1st. I'm guessing after they lost to Iowa, they figured they might need another game to become bowl eligible. Apparently IW plans on not making the playoffs. Lol

Comment

I guess Iowa State scheduled a game against Incarnate Word on Dec. 1st. I'm guessing after they lost to Iowa, they figured they might need another game to become bowl eligible. Apparently IW plans on not making the playoffs. Lol
                            Incarnate Word backed out of their game with North Alabama (who NDSU plays this weekend) in order to be able to schedule this game. North Alabama coincidentally is open on Sept 22 although I think we are too late to schedule a game with them. Would have been nice if all of this would have happened a little quicker and I'm sure North Alabama would have been willing to make the trip to brookings, they don't seem worried about playing tough competition

Comment

The Big 12 Championship game is also on Dec 1. I guess ISU administration and coaches don't feel like they'll make it? If I was a player I'd be a bit upset that my coaches don't have the confidence in us to win a championship... whether its realistic or not.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                                The Big 12 Championship game is also on Dec 1. I guess ISU administration and coaches don't feel like they'll make it? If I was a player I'd be a bit upset that my coaches don't have the confidence in us to win a championship... whether its realistic or not.
                                Game won't happen if either ISU makes Big 12 champ game or Incarnate Word makes the FCS playoffs.

https://cyclones.com/news/2018/9/12/...-on-dec-1.aspx

Comment

Working...
                                X