ISU Tailgate and gatherings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISU Tailgate and gatherings?

Thought I'd make a separate thread vs. burying it in the game week discussion. For those of us going to Ames, does anyone have any tailgating or other pregame plans?

Re: ISU Tailgate and gatherings?

Just a heads up to those heading down, its been kind of rainy and its supposed to rain again tonight. There’s a decent chance ISU will close all the public grass tailgating lots. So if you don’t have a parking pass in a donor lot, or know somebody who does, you might be scrambling. There’s still a few public lots that are available, but they will fill up fast.
    Here’s the parking map, the lots that would be closed are the brown G lots south of the stadium. Hopefully, the rain misses and they don’t close.
    064C18A1-DE20-40E1-8D2C-B6A7F771137E.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by cydave View Post
      Just a heads up to those heading down, its been kind of rainy and its supposed to rain again tonight. There’s a decent chance ISU will close all the public grass tailgating lots. So if you don’t have a parking pass in a donor lot, or know somebody who does, you might be scrambling. There’s still a few public lots that are available, but they will fill up fast.
      Here’s the parking map, the lots that would be closed are the brown G lots south of the stadium. Hopefully, the rain misses and they don’t close.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]969[/ATTACH]
      cydave - thanks for the info on tailgating. Recommendations on a sports bar to head to before the game to watch some football and drink some cold beer? Proximity to stadium isn't critical - we plan to Uber to the stadium around 2 hours before kickoff. Plan to get to a bar around 2PM to get modified tailgating started.

Comment

Alumni Association has this -

SDSU Alumni and Friends Tailgate
        4:00 – 6:00 pm
        Tent Location: Tent #22 located on the south side entrance of the Jack Trice Stadium

Iowa State University vs. South Dakota State University
        Kick-off
        7:00 pm
        Jack Trice Stadium
        1732 S. 4th Street
        Ames, IA 50011

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
          cydave - thanks for the info on tailgating. Recommendations on a sports bar to head to before the game to watch some football and drink some cold beer? Proximity to stadium isn't critical - we plan to Uber to the stadium around 2 hours before kickoff. Plan to get to a bar around 2PM to get modified tailgating started.
          Veteran question right there. Good call.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            To be honest, I haven’t been to the bars in Ames since graduating 10 years ago. So I’m probably not up to date on the sports bars. I do know 2 that are still open for sure, with good food and TV’s. West Towne Pub and Wallaby’s Bar and Grille. If the weather is nice, I would encourage you to head to the tailgating lots earlier and just walk around drinking beer. Most, if not all, people tailgating will offer you beer and food. We are very gracious to visitors, except Hawkeye fans.

Comment

Working...
            X