Game Week: @ Iowa State University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: @ Iowa State University

Weather.com predicting a high of 80 degrees with an 8 mph wind for Saturday. Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      I'll take ISU by 17 or so. I think our lines get worked.
      This is what I'm afraid of, as well. It's realistic, IMO.

Going to be tough to run, and we don't have the big targets to throw to anymore.

As always, when I'm pessimistic, I really hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        Anybody looking for a room sat?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
        If no one has replied, I am! I'm currently booked at a hotel in Boone. Do you have a room available?

Comment

SDSU is where my heart is, but ISU is my favorite P5 school (although not a huge fan by any means, do not go out of my way to watch games nor have done any offseason message board reading). So I'm a little familiar with ISU's team. IMO, if this was the opener of the 2017 season SDSU wins and it's really not even close. As the season went on ISU really improved week to week. Their fan base has some high hopes this year, rightfully so. David Montgomery (RB) is one of the most exciting skill position players in the country to watch and can break tackles like you've never seen before. FCS vs FBS matchups are difficult to guess the outcome, I would guess ISU wins by 14-17 points and SDSU is just a bit behind the entire game. However, think back to SDSU vs. Illinois in 2011, which SDSU got blown out or SDSU vs. Nebraska in 2010, which SDSU nearly beat a (at the time) top 5 team.

Comment

I'm willing to bet Taryn has spent the last 8 months reliving the worst game of his life. Points will be scored. 45-42 ISU

Comment

IF ISU defense is the best in the Big12 as reported then this could be a low scoring game for the Jacks offense. The play at the line of scrimmage will determine everything for the offense on Saturday. ISU might be looking ahead a week which would help the Jacks in the game but still think it will be low scoring

Comment

Originally posted by RunninRabbit View Post
                I'm willing to bet Taryn has spent the last 8 months reliving the worst game of his life. Points will be scored. 45-42 ISU
                Curious if the Cyclones are fixated on the JMU performance and try to force Taryn to pass. If so, I think Taryn, Wallace, and Daniel could make them pay with a few screen passes.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  This is what I'm afraid of, as well. It's realistic, IMO.

Going to be tough to run, and we don't have the big targets to throw to anymore.

As always, when I'm pessimistic, I really hope I'm wrong.
                  Fortunately, their taller DBs are generally the less experienced among the group, and I believe Taylor-Cortez (a freshman) is the only one taller than Anderson (who could be a sleeper pick for having a breakout game).
                  Last edited by jakejc795; 08-28-2018, 04:57 PM. Reason: Extra "the"

Comment

Originally posted by RunninRabbit View Post
                    Taryn may take his frustrations out on someone this year and hang 40 on them...but that team will not be ISU.
                    Last edited by SoDakJack; 08-28-2018, 07:27 PM. Reason: Spelling
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                      IF ISU defense is the best in the Big12 as reported then this could be a low scoring game for the Jacks offense. The play at the line of scrimmage will determine everything for the offense on Saturday. ISU might be looking ahead a week which would help the Jacks in the game but still think it will be low scoring
                      I can't say having the best defense in the Big 12 is an accomplishment. Those defenses are always ugly.

Comment

I'm guessing we will get man handled on both sides of the line and we will have to use some quick out/gimmick plays to do much. Hate to say it but it's probably reality. If we keep it within 10pts, I say it's a "moral" victory. There are a chit ton of early games in the NCAA season that are a HUGE margin. JMO

Comment

Depth chart is up: https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...es_8_28_18.pdf

Skylar Cavanaugh isn’t listed at TE. Injured?
                          Elijah Wilson isn’t listed at DE. It was reported he was injured.
                          Grant Schmidt isn't listed at OL. Injured? Will he ever play a snap in college?
                          Brandon Snyder is listed as starter.

Quite a few True Freshmen listed, all are 3rd on depth chart. Gibbs was not listed. I am venturing to guess Caleb Sanders will get some snaps at DT at Iowa St.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Quite a few True Freshmen listed, all are 3rd on depth chart. Gibbs was not listed. I am venturing to guess Caleb Sanders will get some snaps at DT at Iowa St.
                            Indeed a very good question. I had to do a google to find out the significance of this name. Too many names to recall. He is listed on the roster though. https://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?rp_i...&path=football

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

The surprising one to me was Cavanaugh. Hadn't heard he was injured.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by jacked_up_rabbit View Post
                                I can't say having the best defense in the Big 12 is an accomplishment. Those defenses are always ugly.
                                The Big 12 has become the old WAC, the way back old WAC. Anyone who watched the Oklahoma V OK State game in 2017 can attest to the fact that defense is optional in the "new" Big 12.

Comment

Working...
                                X