Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: @ Iowa State University

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    It won't be there. The only way to view it is on https://cyclones.com/watch/ where you can sign up for a 24 hour pass for $6.95. However, I did just discover that Cyclone.tv has a channel on Roku and if you sign up for the 24 hr pass, you can use your login information to view the stream no your roku, which will make viewing the game on a TV much easier and likely have better quality instead of having to hook up a laptop to a TV.

Edit: I went to look at the 24 hr pass, and they now have an option called "IOWA STATE FOOTBALL VS. SOUTH DAKOTA STATE GAME PASS", and it says "Game pass for the Iowa State vs. South Dakota State football game on September 1, 2018. Pass purchase will provide access to the game from the time of purchase through game day."

So you can sign up now and have access through the end of the game on Saturday (and have plenty of time to set up the connection through roku if you want).
    Thank You. This the Information I was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Thank You. This the Information I was looking for.
      No problem. Btw, for those of you with a Roku, I added the Cyclones.tv channel on my roku and linked the account that I set up on cyclones.com/watch, and it is very slick. Going to be nice just turning on the game through the roku.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        I would but they don't offer nachos with taco meat, Chili On nachos Are you kidding me "Come on man!"
        THAI NACHOS HOMIE

Comment

I would but they don't offer nachos with taco meat, Chili On nachos Are you kidding me "Come on man!"
          Dude Italian nachos FTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
            Dude Italian nachos FTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            This guy knows what he's talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              This guy knows what he's talking about.
              In a post not about nachos (Italian can be great no doubt)

Our group has 1 extra ticket. It seems this board didn't allow me to send responses to the inquirys about the hotel (sorry guys)

So if you want that ticket for a great price be smart and send me your # so I can txt you.

Comment

In a post not about nachos (Italian can be great no doubt)

Our group has 1 extra ticket. It seems this board didn't allow me to send responses to the inquirys about the hotel (sorry guys)

So if you want that ticket for a great price be smart and send me your # so I can txt you.
                You might need to delete old pm's.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Thanks, I thought that same thing and did just that.

Comment

Hey guys, thought I’d stop back and say nice 4:05 of game!
                    Pretty bummed the game couldn’t go on, I sat in my seat until it was officially cancelled just hoping it would resume.
                    The atmosphere was going to be fun!
                    At least the tailgating was good all day, pretty freaking hot and humid.
                    Hope those who made it to Ames had a great time tailgating.
                    Until we meet again!

Comment

That's the first time I've been in attendance for a game cancelled due to lightning. It was a big disappointment for both teams and their fans but understandable -- the lightning just wouldn't stop and it seemed to get more intense by about 10:30 when it really started raining hard.

Good time tailgating.

It appears unlikely we'll be playing football against the Cyclones for several years with the recent announcement of FBS future matchups.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        That's the first time I've been in attendance for a game cancelled due to lightning. It was a big disappointment for both teams and their fans but understandable -- the lightning just wouldn't stop and it seemed to get more intense by about 10:30 when it really started raining hard.

Good time tailgating.

It appears unlikely we'll be playing football against the Cyclones for several years with the recent announcement of FBS future matchups.
                        Yeah, same here. Its very odd.
                        I think that was the first time in Iowa State history a game was cancelled due to weather. The last time an ISU game was cancelled was in 1963, but that was due to JFK assassination.

I drove in from Chicago, so I can feel a lot of your guys’ pain with making a long drive for no game.

Good luck this season. Please beat NDSU and UNI since I don’t like either team.

Comment

cydave:

I thought i heard one of the Cyclone radio guys say there was a weather cancellation in a game against Colorado...but I cannot verify that so probably didn't hear it correctly. No question: weather cancellations are highly unusual.

My drive was about 5 1/2 + hours. I suppose it makes a huge difference on what part of the Chicago metro you're coming from but I have some understanding of your pain too.

When the game was formally cancelled at 9:45 pm and we were leaving the stadium, a couple of the ISU security people (? student ushers?) were saying as people walked by "Sorry about the weather. Have a safe trip home." It was pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            cydave:

I thought i heard one of the Cyclone radio guys say there was a weather cancellation in 2005? when ISU was to play Colorado. But, no question, it's highly unusual. (I'm going to do some quick research and see if my ears didn't deceive me.)

My drive was about 5 1/2 + hours. I suppose it makes a huge difference on what part of the Chicago metro you're coming from but I have some understanding of your pain too.

When the game was formally cancelled at 9:45 pm and we were leaving the stadium, a couple of the ISU security people (? student ushers?) were saying as people walked by "Sorry about the weather. Have a safe trip home." It was pretty funny.
                            That 2005 Colorado game was just postponed about an hour. There was a tornado in West Ames, but once it passed, the game resumed. ISU went on to upset #22 Colorado 30-16.

And yeah, my drive was about 6.5 hours. I was coming from downtown Chicago and it took me 2 hours just to get to my first cornfield. Leaving work from downtown Chicago at 5pm is no fun.

Comment

I just corrected my post after looking at some past Iowa State records. It must have been the 05-Colorado weather postponement I heard the guys talking about.

Good luck to the Cyclones next weekend. You guys can take the glow off Coach Ferentz's new title of having most wins for a Hawkeye head football coach.

Comment

Originally posted by cydave View Post
                                That 2005 Colorado game was just postponed about an hour. There was a tornado in West Ames, but once it passed, the game resumed. ISU went on to upset #22 Colorado 30-16.

And yeah, my drive was about 6.5 hours. I was coming from downtown Chicago and it took me 2 hours just to get to my first cornfield. Leaving work from downtown Chicago at 5pm is no fun.
                                I lived in the NW Suburbs for about 10 years and I feel your pain.

Comment

Working...
                                X