Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: @ Iowa State University

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Taryn may take his frustrations out on someone this year and hang 40 on them...but that team will not be ISU.
    I'm still going with rube-ish optimism for the season opener because it's Wednesday, nice out, and college football is starting. I couldn't feel better this morning. We're hanging 5 TD's on them.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      At 6'1" 210, Snyder could step up and play OLB instead of SS. Puts some B10 size in perspective.
      Mikey Daniels is listed as 220 at RB and 230 on KOR. Guessing the later is right?
      Excited to see what Winkelman can do with his reps at DE. In HS, he was your all around athlete. He added 20-30 lbs his redshirt year.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Depth chart is up: https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...es_8_28_18.pdf

Skylar Cavanaugh isn’t listed at TE. Injured?
        Elijah Wilson isn’t listed at DE. It was reported he was injured.
        Grant Schmidt isn't listed at OL. Injured? Will he ever play a snap in college?
        Brandon Snyder is listed as starter.

Quite a few True Freshmen listed, all are 3rd on depth chart. Gibbs was not listed. I am venturing to guess Caleb Sanders will get some snaps at DT at Iowa St.
        Yes, arm.
        Yes, leg.
        Yes, shoulder. I don't think he will ever play a meaningful snap for the Jacks.
        Yep. He's very very good. Learning the playbook was not an issue.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
          At 6'1" 210, Snyder could step up and play OLB instead of SS. Puts some B10 size in perspective.
          Mikey Daniels is listed as 220 at RB and 230 on KOR. Guessing the later is right?
          Excited to see what Winkelman can do with his reps at DE. In HS, he was your all around athlete. He added 20-30 lbs his redshirt year.
          I feel like I heard somewhere that Mikey had trimmed down a little bit to Aid in his speed. So maybe the 220?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd say after seeing Mikey around I'll go with the 220 thought, he looks good.

I'll reiterate after seeing the depth chart, the depth is as good as we've ever had and the quality of recruits coming in able to contribute(whether or not they play as a true) is way up. A testament to facilities I'd venture to guess. If we can hold our own in the middle of the D-line(attainable goal) I think we compete well with Iowa State. Funny to think this FBS game will help prep us for the Marker game, when we will arguably see the toughest rushing attack in the FCS, and one that is better than many FCS programs.

Comment

Iowa State's "clear bag" policy implemented this year:

The Iowa State Athletics Department is implementing a clear bag policy for the 2018-19 season for all ticketed events. The following bag types are allowed:Plastic, vinyl, or PVC clear totes that do not exceed 12x6x12 inches and do not have a logo larger than 4.5x3.5 inches; One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (i.e. Ziploc or similar); Small clutch bags no larger than 4.5x6.5 inches; Exceptions will be made for bags containing items required for medical, family, or child care.All bags are subject to search at the discretion of security staff and prohibited bags will not be held by staff during the event. Unlawful items are subject to confiscation. If fans do not have proper clear bags, there will be one line at each gate/entrance where their carry-in items will be searched. Those lines, however, may have delays while those personal belongings are examined.

So, for you characters who somehow brought an entire case of beer into Nebraska's stadium the last time we played there, you'll have to be creative.
              Last edited by JackJD; 08-29-2018, 06:48 PM.

Comment

I will be in SF for the night Saturday. Would like to watch the game. Anyone know if ant bars will have the game on?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  I will be in SF for the night Saturday. Would like to watch the game. Anyone know if ant bars will have the game on?
                  I just called T.C.'s Referee, and was told they'd show it if it was on Midco, but when I explained it wasn't available via Midco, he said they more than likely wouldn't show it. As I mentioned before, I tried the Highline Place BWW's, and they said they would not show it if it's only available via paid service.

Over:Time said they could stream it on a couple TVs; however, I could tell the woman who answered the phone was busy, so she might've been trying to expedite ending the call. I recommend calling them at (605) 271-1816 to confirm they'd stream a "non-Espn3" game.

Thought Sickie's could be another option, but when I called them, they said "probably not."

How can these establishments consider themselves sports bars if they won't show an SDSU game in "Jacks Country"?

My plan is just to pay to watch on my laptop at my apartment and get Qdoba, which will still be cheaper than pop, food, and a tip at a sports bar.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                    I just called T.C.'s Referee, and was told they'd show it if it was on Midco, but when I explained it wasn't available via Midco, he said they more than likely wouldn't show it. As I mentioned before, I tried the Highline Place BWW's, and they said they would not show it if it's only available via paid service.

Over:Time said they could stream it on a couple TVs; however, I could tell the woman who answered the phone was busy, so she might've been trying to expedite ending the call. I recommend calling them at (605) 271-1816 to confirm they'd stream a "non-Espn3" game.

Thought Sickie's could be another option, but when I called them, they said "probably not."

How can these establishments consider themselves sports bars if they won't show an SDSU game in "Jacks Country"?

My plan is just to pay to watch on my laptop at my apartment and get Qdoba, which will still be cheaper than pop, food, and a tip at a sports bar.

My son said usually Shenanigans and Kravins usually has the Jacks game on. But might not be this time.

Comment

Pop? At a sports bar?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        Pop? At a sports bar?
                        Yeah, I'm crazy enough when I'm sober.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          My son said usually Shenanigans and Kravins usually has the Jacks game on. But might not be this time.
                          Shenanigans [(605) 361-7454] just indicated they'll have any SDSU and USD game showing in the bar area (not sure why she volunteered that they're showing the 'Yotes, as I never asked about those mangy vermin).

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Pop? At a sports bar?
                            I hear sometimes he goes crazy and gets a Pepsi instead of a Diet Pepsi.

Comment

Qdoba is never a bad plan my man.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                                I hear sometimes he goes crazy and gets a Pepsi instead of a Diet Pepsi.
                                Nah, I'm more of root beer fan myself. Unfortunately, it's dang tough to find a reliable Barq's dealer in these parts

Comment

Working...
                                X