Canada Trip 2-- Carleton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canada Trip 2-- Carleton

I wonder how coaches recruit overseas, I'm sure even with the biggest budgets they don't send people all around the globe. They must have an idea of those that express their desire to play in the US , and request video and evaluate that? I'm sure they have good 3rd party scouting service reports they can subscribe to, like I'm sure they do for US athletes, there are some good ones, to tap into too ,for relatively speaking not that much money? Just guessing. It might pan out, might not, after all, you're taking opinions on players athleticism from people you don't know, at the same time, these services survive by being pretty accurate in their evaluations or they go out of business. ORU gets some good ones lately (Tall Centers) in WBB, but I like the area athletes flavor of our roster to fill our positions as much as possible, it helps by keeping fan interest at a high level, although anyone who puts on the uniform is family and equally appreciated.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-11-2018, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Looks like there might be a stream for tonight's game.

Comment

Adding Canada to our recruiting footprint again would not be that expensive. However, I've heard from many on here we have everything we need and can never get anyone over 6'9 that's not a project.

Comment

We recruited a kid out of Canada last year just didn't get him. I have plenty of faith in Otz to recruit !

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Adding Canada to our recruiting footprint again would not be that expensive. However, I've heard from many on here we have everything we need and can never get anyone over 6'9 that's not a project.
            I believe Canadian kids play in the summer AAU circuit, especially if they are from areas like Toronto that are close to the border.

Comment

Anyone have a link for tonight’s game?

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                Anyone have a link for tonight’s game?

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/o...reamType=video

Started a new thread so we don't have to look at this disgusting one anymore
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                  Looking at Carleton's talent, which is probably better than any team we'll play this year, should we be recruiting Canada? Seems Nagy had an eye up there and his successor doesn't.
                  Are you really throwing shade at Otz's recruiting after one game against a team from Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    Are you really throwing shade at Otz's recruiting after one game against a team from Canada?
                    If I am not mistaken, Nagy found Kai and Prince at AAU tournaments. I don’t think Nagy was active in recruiting in Canada and like his successor attended AAU tournaments ofen. The

Comment

Working...
                    X