Canada Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada Trip

Though still not pretty, things did get better as the game went on.

Flatten was the only one who looked relatively sharp. It might have helped to have TK but that would have come at the expense of good minutes for Owen King. These games are probably pretty valuable for the freshmen.

I wish Carter could play this season. He looks like he could be a handful in the Summit. Very athletic.

I was hoping to see more out of Dillon. He looked a little timid but had a great block in the 4th.

Tomorrow they’ll have to be much better or they’ll get smoked.

Comment

Re: Canada Trip

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
      I guess it's a win but what an ugly disconcerting game.
      Ugly yes, but pretty early in the process to be disconcerting considering it's over 3 months until the season starts and a number of players were seeing their first college action.

Comment

76-69. Jacks win.

Never trailed the entire game, but never pulled away like we should have. We need to clean things up or we'll get clubbed against a really good opponent tomorrow.

Flatten was the best player on the court all game. Key was pretty good overall with a few exceptions. Jenkins struggled most the game but picked it up late.

Daum shot like he was playing in a dome. Pretty poor offensive game by his standards, but he didn't seem to be on the same page with his teammates when the double teams came. I don't think any of this had to do with his leaner frame. His defense and rebounding looked improved, as he seemed to get off the floor quicker and move better laterally. Skinny Daum will be a boon once he gets into rhythm.

Tevin King would have definitely helped, but his absence did afford more PT for others.

Owen King looked okay, playing to an acceptable level for his first unofficial collegiate game.

Alou Dillion looks huge out there and seems to be adjusting to his new size. Seemed a bit lumbering at times.

Alex Ariens kind of reminded me a bit of Brayden Carlson in his early career. Played hard on defense and tried to do the little things on offense.

I really like Michael Carter III's game. Wish he didn't have to sit this year.

Krueger or Dentlinger didn't see the floor, which was disappointing.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Let's start a new thread for tomorrow. I don't want to have to revisit this game

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Ugly yes, but pretty early in the process to be disconcerting considering it's over 3 months until the season starts and a number of players were seeing their first college action.
            Disconcerting as in the physical surroundings reminded me of my grade school playing days in the Alpena gym. Maybe if the camera was on the other side. That big red wall drove me nuts. A reverse,but screwed with your mind twice as much as the Dakota Dome. Was that a standard sized court?

Comment

Haven’t seen it mentioned yet but McGill isn’t a terrible team. Last year they went 26-12 with two wins over UTEP in similar August games. They also took SMU to OT.

In the 2016-2017 season Wichita State only beat them by 6.

I mean, I watched the last 6 minutes and agree that it was pretty sloppy (it’s August), but it wasn’t like we were playing Dakota State.

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post
                ... it wasn’t like we were playing Dakota State.
                And a new signature line for someone is born!

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  And a new signature line for someone is born!
                  Good!

One last McGill tidbit.

Enrollment: 40k

Comment

If people are already this hyper critical of a game in August....I might just need to ignore the basketball threads this season.

I couldn't care less if we win or lose these games. Here are my priorities for this Canada trip:

1) Nobody gets injured
                    2) Team develops chemistry a bit quicker
                    3) Everyone stays healthy
                    4) A few additional practices for the incoming guys
                    5) Did I mention no injuries
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                      If people are already this hyper critical of a game in August....I might just need to ignore the basketball threads this season.

I couldn't care less if we win or lose these games. Here are my priorities for this Canada trip:

1) Nobody gets injured
                      The only thing we care about these games are:

1) Nobody gets injured

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post

1) Nobody gets injured
                        Exactly. WGAF?
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I've visited Montreal, fine city. Seen McGill, fine school. Went to a baseball game in Denver in 1965 when the Bears (or was it Zephyrs) defeated the defending World Champion Cardinals 8-3. That made no difference, this makes no difference.

Maybe it was because I was watching the game on a 5.5 inch phone but the optics of it made me nuts. Thought we looked bad, but agree that it counts for naught.

Tonight's game will be against an excellent team that beat the crap out of Ole Miss and Cincinnati. That will mean nothing either.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                            I've visited Montreal, fine city. Seen McGill, fine school. Went to a baseball game in Denver in 1965 when the Bears (or was it Zephyrs) defeated the defending World Champion Cardinals 8-3. That made no difference, this makes no difference.

Maybe it was because I was watching the game on a 5.5 inch phone but the optics of it made me nuts. Thought we looked bad, but agree that it counts for naught.

Tonight's game will be against an excellent team that beat the crap out of Ole Miss and Cincinnati. That will mean nothing either.
                            Classic Grizzled_Jack post! Love it!

I normally don't get excited for college basketball until college football is over. I sure as heck can't get fired up for it before college football starts.

Let's play some football!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X