Dallas Goedert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dallas Goedert

Nice article on Goedert. Amazing what he's been able to do coming from "tiny South Dakota State". Lol, give me a break. It's not like he played D3 or NAIA.

https://www.nj.com//eagles/2018/11/e...o-his-way.html

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Nice article on Goedert. Amazing what he's been able to do coming from "tiny South Dakota State". Lol, give me a break. It's not like he played D3 or NAIA.

https://www.nj.com//eagles/2018/11/e...o-his-way.html
      They must have edited it. I don't see the tiny quote in there.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        They must have edited it. I don't see the tiny quote in there.
        Perhaps the issue was with the "small school" descriptor. The author apparently graduated from the University of North Florida, and he's even described Toledo as a "small school," so maybe it's just one of his syntactic quirks or he identifies with folks who graduated from schools with enrollment levels similar to his alma mater.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          So what is it, Cappin? Did the article say “tiny” and later get edited?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            Said "tiny" when I first read it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              Said "tiny" when I first read it too.
              Looks like some still do (e.g., this version still has it). Googling "tiny South Dakota State" and "Dallas Goedert" (results shown here also illustrate that in the first search result).

May notice that the headlines in browser differ slightly -- the one missing "tiny" reads "Eagles' Dallas Goedert 'doesn't blink when things don't go his way" while the "size matters" version reads "Eagles' Dallas Goedert is already making an impact as a rookie, and here's why: 'The kid doesn't blink'."

The latter version also indicates it was Updated Nov 30, 6:03 AM; Posted Nov 30, 4:45 AM

Comment

They edited the link that I posted. That's funny.

Comment

That is funny. The author probably searched for comments on the article, read yours, and decided the use of “tiny” was inaccurate and there was no need to offend anyone so the author or the author’s editor made the change.

good you commented, Cappin..

Comment

That is funny. The author probably searched for comments on the article, read yours, and decided the use of “tiny” was inaccurate and there was no need to offend anyone so the author or the author’s editor made the change.

good you commented, Cappin..
                    Or he gets paid by the post, and he can count similar material as two articles. Academics have been known to do that too.

I wondered if maybe the "tiny version" was an homage to Wentz's "lesser Dakota" tweet welcoming Goedert to the team.

Comment

Dallas should have had 2 touchdowns today. 1 was called back on a bogus offensive PI call on him.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Dallas should have had 2 touchdowns today. 1 was called back on a bogus offensive PI call on him.
                        And to add insult to injury, he took one helmet to helmet hit right after catching the ball on that play that wasn't called, and then took another one going into the end zone.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          And to add insult to injury, he took one helmet to helmet hit right after catching the ball on that play that wasn't called, and then took another one going into the end zone.
                          Yep. I think that's called a double whammy. Or triple whammy depending on if the PI counts as a whammy.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Dallas with a huge night blocking. Nearly every running TD and big running plays are through his side. Lot’s of kudos from Collinsworth.

Comment

Originally posted by BKXD View Post
                              Dallas with a huge night blocking. Nearly every running TD and big running plays are through his side. Lot’s of kudos from Collinsworth.
                              Yeah, I watched the second half of the game, and CC mentioned him a handful of times about the good blocking.

Another TD and 45 yards rushing from Zach Zenner yesterday as well. Good to see both of them succeeding!

Comment

A touchdown in the win over da bears for DG.

Comment

Working...
                                X