Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas Goedert

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...s-carson-wentz

Dallas G. and the Eagles get started tonight at home against the Steelers. I found this article, #5 is short but succinct in his observations-

"5. I try not to get too carried away by rookies at training camp, but my goodness, Goedert looks scary good."

Curious how much DG will actually play tonight, I suspect it won't be much more than a half.

The writer also has good things to say about another area kid in Nate Gerry.

Re: Dallas Goedert

So far he is living up to the hype (even though it is just preseason) after 4 drives he has 3 catches on 4 targets for 60 yards and a TD. His first catch was for 26 yards. No one else has more than 2 yards receiving

Comment

Nice first game for Goedert, ending up with 4 catches, 66 yards, and a TD. Here's a nice recap of his game with a highlight of the TD and some quotes from him after the game.

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...-the-real-deal

Comment

Eagles site lists Dallas as leaving practice Saturday with possible arm injury. Hope it is nothing serious.

Comment

Dallas has sure hands,even if the balls are not perfectly thrown, and Qb's like throwing to those type receivers.Hope he can recover from his injury,but I hope they don't rush it too much returning him to duty. The NFL is really rough,as Zach and Dallas can attest to, they'll adjust in time to be effective but not unduly putting yourself at greater risk to injury.You learn to know what to expect a lot better,being a rookie he's still learning things.

Comment

The Eagle site reports that Dallas returned to practice Monday. Missed one session with an elbow injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              The Eagle site reports that Dallas returned to practice Monday. Missed one session with an elbow injury.
              This is good news.

Comment

NFL.com commentary from an article grading one person on each team after pre-season wk1:

Philadelphia Eagles: Dallas Goedert, TE. The small-school standout certainly looks like the real deal, based on his strong debut performance against the Steelers. Goedert finished with four catches for 66 yards and a score while displaying the athleticism and slick route-running skills that had some scouts salivating over his talent and potential coming out of South Dakota State. The rookie worked the seams effectively on a few "all go" routes and showed good awareness settling in open zones in sit-down routes, including his 15-yard touchdown in the second quarter. Grade: A

Comment

Nice video with Dallas talking about how things have gone so far. He talks about how in college he was eating McDonald's 3x a day! Lol I can't wait to see what he can do, I think he's going to be a big part of the Eagles' offense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU3laBslwKc

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    Nice video with Dallas talking about how things have gone so far. He talks about how in college he was eating McDonald's 3x a day! Lol I can't wait to see what he can do, I think he's going to be a big part of the Eagles' offense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU3laBslwKc
                    Let's hope so...he is my backup TE in fantasy this year.

Does anyone here remember Steve Heiden? If you do, you remember the change that he went through physically after a couple years in the league. I am very interested to see what kind of muscle mass Dallas adds now that he has a NFL dietitian.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                      Let's hope so...he is my backup TE in fantasy this year.
                      Mine too. Both of my TE's have different G names. For some reason my other TE goes by the name Gronk. We will see if he's as good as Goedert.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                        Mine too. Both of my TE's have different G names. For some reason my other TE goes by the name Gronk. We will see if he's as good as Goedert.
                        You drafted Dan Gronkowski too?

Comment

Dallas should get a good chance to get more playing time against the Falcons because the Eagles will be missing 2 of their top four receivers during their Thur 9/6 matchup. Here's the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                            You drafted Dan Gronkowski too?
                            I think he retired. I believe he is speaking of Gronk Robowski
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                              I think he retired. I believe he is speaking of Gronk Robowski
                              You sound just like trey wingo.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X