Gonzaga territory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonzaga territory?

For those who remember the early days of D1, with suspended players and football players filling out rosters, this is stunning :

https://www.barstoolsports.com/barst...70896333449447

Re: Gonzaga territory?

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    For those who remember the early days of D1, with suspended players and football players filling out rosters, this is stunning :

We probably need to win a tournament game or two before actually being put in the category of an early Gonzaga-esque team. Cool to see us getting national recognition though.

Comment

To think I was about to give up my season tickets because I pushing 80 years old. It’s like the Wayfair commercial, where the guy is making a purchase choice and finds out Wayfair has free shipping. Game changer!! Caleb is the game changer for me. I think I hang for a few more years

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post

yes without a doubt in my mind.

Comment

Holy smokes might we want to slow our roll just a tad?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            We probably need to win a tournament game or two before actually being put in the category of an early Gonzaga-esque team. Cool to see us getting national recognition though.
            Although maybe we should get ourselves grounded a little,I also like the excitement and the looking forward aspect to what we can be, that bringing in high recruits to the program can bring. It's exciting times to be a Jackrabbit fan and one can't help but to enjoy it somewhat.This is fun times.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
              Holy smokes might we want to slow our roll just a tad?
              I would argue that with the success that we have had with Wolters and now Daum, we started the process he mentions in the article already. We've put ourselves toward the top of the second tier of mid-majors.

It will be years before we are in "Gonzaga Territory " but I dont think it is too hard to imagine this team getting to the Butler territory.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                I would argue that with the success that we have had with Wolters and now Daum, we started the process he mentions in the article already. We've put ourselves toward the top of the second tier of mid-majors.

It will be years before we are in "Gonzaga Territory " but I dont think it is too hard to imagine this team getting to the Butler territory.
                Didn't Butler make consecutive title games? Everyone needs to take a deep breath. Let's win a tournament game first...
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  Didn't Butler make consecutive title games?
                  Yes, then moved to the big east..

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                    Yes, then moved to the big east..
                    Take a look at Butler in the years leading up to those championship runs. With the exception of on or two good draws, they didn't have that great of tournament performances. What they did have was a very talented backcourt couple with a very talented 6'8 Gordon Heyward.

The teams two or three years before those back to back appearances weren't so different from what is being put together at Frost. Granted, with the new way of evaluating teams for the dance, SDSU's chances of getting the type of draw Buter did are very slim.

But dont use the "win a tournament game first" thing to dismiss what is being built at SDSU

Comment

I remember Butler playing AT Frost during the 2005-06 season. Pretty crazy to believe the rapid rise they had.

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
                        I remember Butler playing AT Frost during the 2005-06 season. Pretty crazy to believe the rapid rise they had.
                        I remember that game as well. It didn't go well. But it showed the gap and how far we have come.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          To think I was about to give up my season tickets because I pushing 80 years old. It’s like the Wayfair commercial, where the guy is making a purchase choice and finds out Wayfair has free shipping. Game changer!! Caleb is the game changer for me. I think I hang for a few more years
                          Forever Young...

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            Take a look at Butler in the years leading up to those championship runs. With the exception of on or two good draws, they didn't have that great of tournament performances. What they did have was a very talented backcourt couple with a very talented 6'8 Gordon Heyward.

The teams two or three years before those back to back appearances weren't so different from what is being put together at Frost. Granted, with the new way of evaluating teams for the dance, SDSU's chances of getting the type of draw Buter did are very slim.

But dont use the "win a tournament game first" thing to dismiss what is being built at SDSU
                            We can build all we want but until we win a game or 2 in the dance, we are still little South Dakota St from the Summit League. We know we can get to the dance. Its time to win a game while we are there. Just getting there isnt enough anymore for me

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                              I remember that game as well. It didn't go well. But it showed the gap and how far we have come.
                              That's why I would say we are closer to Butler than Gonzaga at this point in our transition.

With the talent the team has on the floor and the right combination of match-ups, I can see this team making a run like Butler.

To be in the same air as a Gonzaga, or even a Wichita State, we will need years of those runs.

Comment

Working...
                              X