Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Recruits

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
    So I was about to ask if anyone knew if Danny Vega was for sure apart of the program and after doing a google/twitter search it very much looks like he is. In fact Coach Caldwell is taking him and Tanner Sloan to do a wrestling clinic in June. Really hope this kid stayed in shape. Looked him up on ISU's site and on paper looks good, would love to see him upgrade us at 125 next season!

Awards and Honors
    2017 Duhawk Open (Fourth Place)
    2016 UNK Holiday Inn Open Champion
    2016 Cyclone Open (Sixth Place)
    2016 Grand View Open (Fifth Place)

2016-17
    Redshirted his initial season at Iowa State… went 14-7 while wrestling unattached… placed at all four open tournametns he went to… took fourth place at the Duhawk Open… finished as champion at the UNK Holiday Inn Open… earned a sixth-place finish at the Harold Nichols Cyclone Open… began the season with a fifth-place outing at the Grand View Open… closed the year with three pins, six technical falls and three major decisions.

High School
    Posted a 181-3 record while wrestling for Tim Berrier at Ironwood Ridge High School in Oro Valley, Ariz… three-time Arizona State Champion… two-time Fargo Freestyle National Champion… Fargo Grecco National Champion… three-time Folkstyle National Champion.
    I’ve got a very good source that has told me that since he has left isu he has been training down in Tucson staying active. He also pumped him up to be as good as rby but I want to see some results before I go that high. Still very JACKED to have him in our program!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would be interested heavily in cavanaugh. Small town kid that has some high potential that fits into SDSU college culture nicely in my opinion. If fribanz wants to come I’d welcome him with open arms. Can never have enough competition. Also, the conduct with matson and brossard from what I’ve heard is very minuscule. Just a bad decision that I’m sure they have grown out of. A middle weight that I like is mark buringa. He broke his leg in football, or something like that, and wasn’t sure he would be able to wrestle and came back and fought through it to beat a former state champ in legred. Showed a lot of grit in the process! While none of them are big names it doesn’t mean they could come in and produce great results. Heck just look at our no name 197 recruit from last year. The only problem with this in my eyes is usually St. Cloud locks down this type of talent and Mankato st is looking to reload also.

Comment

Originally posted by I hate the wombat View Post
        I would be interested heavily in cavanaugh. Small town kid that has some high potential that fits into SDSU college culture nicely in my opinion. If fribanz wants to come I’d welcome him with open arms. Can never have enough competition. Also, the conduct with matson and brossard from what I’ve heard is very minuscule. Just a bad decision that I’m sure they have grown out of. A middle weight that I like is mark buringa. He broke his leg in football, or something like that, and wasn’t sure he would be able to wrestle and came back and fought through it to beat a former state champ in legred. Showed a lot of grit in the process! While none of them are big names it doesn’t mean they could come in and produce great results. Heck just look at our no name 197 recruit from last year. The only problem with this in my eyes is usually St. Cloud locks down this type of talent and Mankato st is looking to reload also.

What's with the Name? do you know the other poster here?

Comment

Negative. Just annoyed with him on this board and the guillotine. Spreads rumors on a board with no evidence and I’m literally just here to talk wrestling. I don’t like when people start saying stuff with zero evidence and not a source to be found. Thewombat is probably not a bad dude in the real world and I would probably be down to get a beer with him but on the boards I just really dislike his takes.

Comment

Originally posted by I hate the wombat View Post
            Negative. Just annoyed with him on this board and the guillotine. Spreads rumors on a board with no evidence and I’m literally just here to talk wrestling. I don’t like when people start saying stuff with zero evidence and not a source to be found. Thewombat is probably not a bad dude in the real world and I would probably be down to get a beer with him but on the boards I just really dislike his takes.

I just PMed you, let's talk this out.
            Last edited by TheWombat; 03-11-2019, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Caleb Orris from Clark just committed to SDSU

Won Class B 182lb as a senior, 170lb lb as a junior, placed 7th as a sophomore, and 6th as a freshman. Undefeated his last two years in high school

https://twitter.com/caleb_orris/stat...909545984?s=21
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                Caleb Orris from Clark just committed to SDSU

Won Class B 182lb as a senior, 170lb lb as a junior, placed 7th as a sophomore, and 6th as a freshman. Undefeated his last two years in high school

https://twitter.com/caleb_orris/stat...909545984?s=21
                It's good to see another talented South Dakota native in the room. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not a huge fan of his style and I worry about how it translates into a DI room. That said, I'm often wrong about these things and, as long as he has a good attitude, he should be able to adapt and succeed.

Comment

There's a kid named Nathan Fuller out of Wisconsin that just a really good tournament at folkstyle nationals. I don't think he's committed and he seems like our kind of guy.

Comment

Cody Caldwell just listed a guy named Caleb Gross among our incoming recruits. I haven't heard anything about him coming here to this point but I looked him up and he's a three time state champ from Wisconsin wrestling at 132. That's four pretty good recruits at 125 and 133 with Kimball, Jordan, Anderson, and now Gross. It'll be interesting to see who works out here and finds their way into the line-up.

Comment

It’s purely the petty side of me, but I love seeing us pull talent out of Wisconsin after the Bono/Gross cloak and dagger shenanigans.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                        It’s purely the petty side of me, but I love seeing us pull talent out of Wisconsin after the Bono/Gross cloak and dagger shenanigans.
                        A Gross for a Gross, pretty good deal, best of luck to our "new" Gross and hope he wresles for us all four years of his career.

Comment

So how about our recruit’s results at Fargo. A little disappointed that nobody’s getting excited! The future gets brighter by the day!!

Comment

Some of the gopher fans on theguillotine are upset that the jacks are out-recruiting them. We're going to beat them one of these years.

Comment

Originally posted by KSjack View Post
                              So how about our recruit’s results at Fargo. A little disappointed that nobody’s getting excited! The future gets brighter by the day!!

Jacks were the only program to have three incoming recruits as place-winners.
                              Last edited by bigticket1; 07-22-2019, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X