Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 89

Thread: 2019 Recruits

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,521

    Default Re: 2019 Recruits

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpinjackrabbit View Post
    Bono!! Don't get me wrong, I would love nothing more than to see him in Blue and Gold but Bono is the best in the business IMO and Nash has a work ethic that Bono and Co. love. On a side note, Nash makes Reader look small.
    I believe Damian will exceed anything Bono did. Yes, he has different style, but you guys who think Bono walks on water crack me up.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sioux Falls
    Posts
    4,326

    Default Re: 2019 Recruits

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpinjackrabbit View Post
    Bono!! Don't get me wrong, I would love nothing more than to see him in Blue and Gold but Bono is the best in the business IMO and Nash has a work ethic that Bono and Co. love. On a side note, Nash makes Reader look small.
    Blue and YELLOW.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    1,647

    Default Re: 2019 Recruits

    Quote Originally Posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Blue and YELLOW.
    This right here


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

  4. #24

    Default Re: 2019 Recruits

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpinjackrabbit View Post
    Bono!! Don't get me wrong, I would love nothing more than to see him in Blue and Gold but Bono is the best in the business IMO and Nash has a work ethic that Bono and Co. love. On a side note, Nash makes Reader look small.
    Let's look at this. If he decides to wrestle, where would be get better coaching (SDSU, should be a big mans dream) and how far will his family have to travel to watch? All I would read into the Bono/Reader pic is that he was there for football and knows these two.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Worthington,MN
    Posts
    5,120

    Default Re: 2019 Recruits

    Quote Originally Posted by BitsTD View Post
    Will this young man's commitment sway Hutmacher one way or the other (are we even still on the Hutmacher radar)? Wrestling, unlike almost all other sports, is a pretty individual effort. There are only so many weight classes to go around. Once you get a stud at one weight it may be a turn off for others coming shortly after them. Especially the bigger guys who only have one option for a weight.
    Not sure that the coaching staff has the luxury of not adding a talent like this because of what Hutmacher may think. It seems to be a weight where more depth is needed, and if you hold off for a year to wait for his decision and he goes elsewhere, then you really will have to scramble. You look at the elite programs and it seems like talent attracts more talent. And with the confidence that Hutmacher seems to have, he likely won't be chased off because a program already has a good heavyweight.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sioux Falls
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: 2019 Recruits

    I don't think Bono walk's on water and I'm not saying Damien will not succeed. I think he will do very well here and I'm excited for the season to start.

    Nash and family have had a relationship with Bono that stretches farther than most realize. I hope he picks SDSU over Wisconsin but after all is said and done I believe Nash will be a Badger. JMO is all this is. My wife tells me I'm crazy so we'll see.

    Blue & Yellow

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,856

    Default Re: 2019 Recruits

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpinjackrabbit View Post
    I don't think Bono walk's on water and I'm not saying Damien will not succeed. I think he will do very well here and I'm excited for the season to start.

    Nash and family have had a relationship with Bono that stretches farther than most realize. I hope he picks SDSU over Wisconsin but after all is said and done I believe Nash will be a Badger. JMO is all this is. My wife tells me I'm crazy so we'll see.

    Blue & Yellow
    Nash is going to get about 30 more wrestling and/or football offers before he makes a decision. No one knows where he's going to end up, even himself. He will have a picture like you see above at every school he visits between now and his decision day. He's got time on his hands and no harm for him in waiting to see how things play out. Saying he's going to be a Badger is premature - I'd listen to your wife on this one if I were you ;-)

  8. #28

    Default Re: 2019 Recruits

    What are Nash's wrestling offers so far? Is there a site out there that tracks those? Have the Iowa's and Penn State's of the world offered him?

    What we (I) know so far.
    Football Offers: Iowa State, Missouri, Nebraska, Oregon, Wisconsin, SDSU. 4 Star prospect. I am sure he will have his pick of nearly every school. Attended summer camps at Iowa, Iowa State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, SDSU (could be others?). Has attended multiple games this fall at Nebraska, and at least one at Wisconsin, and one at SDSU. Could be others as well.

    Has attended wrestling camps at Wisconsin, and not sure if elsewhere.

    My personal opinion (based off social media and 2nd hand info) is that he likes wrestling better than football and Wisconsin is probably the leader for either sport, with Nebraska 2nd for football. Again, I have no proof of anything.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kearney, NE
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Re: 2019 Recruits

    Looks like we have a new recruit from a powerhouse program in Ohio!

    https://twitter.com/tannerjordan106/...81772858691585

    Tanner Jordan tweeted late yesterday about his commitment to be a Jackrabbit. Tanner won the 113 lb. weight division last year for Graham, who had four individual state champions. Two high school teammates are wrestling for major collegiate programs this year. Mitch Moore, a 4-time champion, is wrestling for Virginia Tech. Tanner's cousin, Rocky Jordan is on Ohio State's roster. The Jordan families have a rich tradition as collegiate wrestlers. Nice addition!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brookings, SD
    Posts
    2,086

    Default Re: 2019 Recruits

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherHole View Post
    Looks like we have a new recruit from a powerhouse program in Ohio!

    https://twitter.com/tannerjordan106/...81772858691585

    Tanner Jordan tweeted late yesterday about his commitment to be a Jackrabbit. Tanner won the 113 lb. weight division last year for Graham, who had four individual state champions. Two high school teammates are wrestling for major collegiate programs this year. Mitch Moore, a 4-time champion, is wrestling for Virginia Tech. Tanner's cousin, Rocky Jordan is on Ohio State's roster. The Jordan families have a rich tradition as collegiate wrestlers. Nice addition!
    I wonder if he is related to current Jack, Garrett Jordan who is also from Ohio and is tagged in his commitment tweet.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •