Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Recruits

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    I wonder if he is related to current Jack, Garrett Jordan who is also from Ohio and is tagged in his commitment tweet.
    They are brothers from St. Paris, OH. Garrett posted a tweet in March of 2017 wishing his little brother good luck at the state tourney. Tanner finished 3rd that season.

Interesting that both Jackrabbit coaching staffs, (Bono and Hahn), were recruiting him to come to Brookings. I found a tweet that Tanner posted from last March 11th with a picture of him and coach Reader in his family's home.

Comment

..... and we pull in another one. Daniel Kimball, from Don Bosco High School in Iowa is the latest commit. As reported in the Des Moines Register, Kimball is the fourth recruit the Jackrabbits have pulled in this class. He won an Iowa state championship at 106 this year after placing fourth his sophomore year. He's also a four time prep All-American, including winning the folkstyle national title in 2017. He chose SDSU over an offer from UNI. This is significant because he's from Waterloo.

I slightly cringed at his exuberant announcement. "Excited to announce my commitiment to the University of South Dakota State to continue my academic and athletic career! Can’t wait to be a Jackrabbit! #stayjacked"
      Two grammatical/spelling errors in one statement. I guess two wrongs do make it right.

Mr. Kimball, we are Jacked to have you join the program!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
        "[I]Excited to announce my commitiment to the University of South Dakota State to continue my academic and athletic career! Can’t wait to be a Jackrabbit! #stayjacked"
        This bugs the crap out of me, too. I wish the coach would correct them.

Comment

Hahn has put up the "Great day to be a Jackrabbit" tweet. Based on the reaction of the other coaches and other people, it could be a good addition.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Hahn has put up the "Great day to be a Jackrabbit" tweet. Based on the reaction of the other coaches and other people, it could be a good addition.
            Wondering if this is Danny Vega commit, most recently was at Iowa St but left program due to home sickness. I think Iowa St had quite a few wrestlers leave the program last year.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
              Wondering if this is Danny Vega commit, most recently was at Iowa St but left program due to home sickness. I think Iowa St had quite a few wrestlers leave the program last year.
              It is Danny Vega.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                It is Danny Vega.
                Ha - leaves Iowa State because he's homesick (grew up on AZ). But then transfers to SDSU???

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  Ha - leaves Iowa State because he's homesick (grew up on AZ). But then transfers to SDSU???
                  That was his reasoning last year (if true or not only he knows). If it was the case, one year of maturing and time away from wrestling may have changed his thoughts.

Comment

Since you do not have to sit a year in wrestling when transferring, Vega should be eligible right away, correct ?

Comment

Since you do not have to sit a year in wrestling when transferring, Vega should be eligible right away, correct ?
                      I would guess. Just wonder what type of shape he is in and/or how rusty he is? He wrestled at 125, which we are currently very young at.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        I would guess. Just wonder what type of shape he is in and/or how rusty he is? He wrestled at 125, which we are currently very young at.
                        Since he redshirted his first season at Ames (2016/17) his 5 year clock started ticking then. The way I interpret the NCAA transfer rules, that clock keeps going even if you aren't in school. So he would have two seasons of eligibility left ?

Comment

Since he redshirted his first season at Ames (2016/17) his 5 year clock started ticking then. The way I interpret the NCAA transfer rules, that clock keeps going even if you aren't in school. So he would have two seasons of eligibility left ?
                          Was also thinking about the 5 year clock.

Comment

Recruit from Jamestown, ND bowman signed with SDSU
                            https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...49506838008857

Comment

Originally posted by Northernjackrabbit View Post
                              Recruit from Jamestown, ND bowman signed with SDSU
                              https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...49506838008857
                              How about that. From thundering north no doubt. A good get. From the article, we beat out Bison.0

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                How about that. From thundering north no doubt. A good get. From the article, we beat out Bison.0
                                I'm glad to finally get one from them I'm still sour about losing Stibral to NDSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X