Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Expectations and Predictions

Default Re: 2018 Season Expectations and Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    I'm not sure that we'll end up with a seed this year, but I'm equally convinced that this team is better "on paper" than 8 teams on our schedule. Whether that translates into 8 wins or not remains to be seen.
    Just curious outside of ISU and NDSU which team you don't think we'll be better than on paper? Not arguing, genuinely curious on your thoughts considering "on paper" we're supposed to be the 2nd best team in the conference. I don't see a strong candidate other than us for the 2 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    Just curious outside of ISU and NDSU which team you don't think we'll be better than on paper? Not arguing, genuinely curious on your thoughts considering "on paper" we're supposed to be the 2nd best team in the conference. I don't see a strong candidate other than us for the 2 spot.
    UNI. They're a hard team to predict. They were very young last year, so it makes sense that they'd be a tough out this year. However, they are so up and down. They have the potential to be the #2 team in the conference, but that's been their story off and on for the last decade. I actually would lean towards us beating them in Cedar Falls this year, and losing at ISUr. I don't rink ISUR will have a better season than us, but we haven't won at Normal since 2009.

Also, I think WIU is being underrated in the polls, but they aren't on our schedule this year.

It sounds like SDSU is in the running to pick up a couple of studs. I'm sure many of you are familiar with the Snyder boys from West Lyon. Brandon is the starting safety for Iowa and Jaden was going to be a freshman at Iowa this year. Sounds like Brandon might have been kicked off the team and now both brothers are on the market and both met with Stig recently. To make this post fit in this thread I will say, if you end up picking up two Big 10 level players right now, then I think your season outlook will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by yote4life View Post
    It sounds like SDSU is in the running to pick up a couple of studs. I'm sure many of you are familiar with the Snyder boys from West Lyon. Brandon is the starting safety for Iowa and Jaden was going to be a freshman at Iowa this year. Sounds like Brandon might have been kicked off the team and now both brothers are on the market and both met with Stig recently. To make this post fit in this thread I will say, if you end up picking up two Big 10 level players right now, then I think your season outlook will improve.
    very interesting

Sounds like they are going to call this a grad transfer, but from what I hear that is kind of a spin job. Some wild rumors going around Iowa about what led to this, but this would be a big pickup for whoever gets these boys.

Thanks for the interesting tidbit, Yote4Life. I'm guessing the Coyotes go 7-4 this season. Maybe 6-5.
    Peace. Love. Coffee. Jackrabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidaros View Post
    very interesting

It's why you recruit up.... never know when FBS players are looking for a different opportunity.

Looks like he's declared that he's going to grad transfer.

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...acl/865158002/

He tore his ACL twice in 2017, sounds like he's on a comeback, but he got in trouble for an OWI in Iowa (Operating while intoxicated) and blew .163 percent. *looks around* Maybe him and Stig can find common ground in their love for Joose *sleeks away*

Quote Originally Posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Thanks for the interesting tidbit, Yote4Life. I'm guessing the Coyotes go 7-4 this season. Maybe 6-5.
    Ya, I would say one of these two predictions is right for the Yotes. Hopefully the 7-4 and not the 6-5, but I do think it will be one of those.

Its official on twitter. Somewhere Bulldog just popped a nut over this news. JK I do sincerely miss Bulldog's contribution and knowledge about the Iowa players. I hope he comes back as it appears we are more committed to recruiting that area than in the past.

This is a big get for an already fairly strong safety room. It'll be interesting to see how quickly he picks up the defense. The Jacks wouldn't take him if they didn't they he could contribute.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.