Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Season Expectations and Predictions

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    I think we have more transfers now because we are a more desirable program. A top 10 program with chance of winning national championship, along with several former players now on NFL teams makes it an attractive place to play.
    I think he meant we are losing more kids to transfer then we use too. Maybe I read it wrong.

I would say for the same thing. We are a pretty solid program now and if guys aren't cutting it, or getting the playing time they want, either raise your game or transfer if you want more playing time. since we are recruiting more nationally sometimes its a hit and miss with those kids. Some find out that winter in Brookings is as much fun as they thought it would be etc. If a kid doesn't work out, its probably better for the school and kid to both move on.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

SDSU getting “high” profile transfers, not. They are getting transfers. Name a starter or two from recent transfers, having trouble but hope they can just contribute to the team.

The Synders could be a great addition if double ACL tears are healed and he can go all year. The brother could be the prize of getting both with years eligibility left.

it seems academics were the defeat of Callendar and it didn’t improve thus a departure to a Juco. The Jacks got nothing out of that recruit and gave it all to get him and keep him on the team. Win some lose some!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        I think he meant we are losing more kids to transfer then we use too. Maybe I read it wrong.

I would say for the same thing. We are a pretty solid program now and if guys aren't cutting it, or getting the playing time they want, either raise your game or transfer if you want more playing time. since we are recruiting more nationally sometimes its a hit and miss with those kids. Some find out that winter in Brookings is as much fun as they thought it would be etc. If a kid doesn't work out, its probably better for the school and kid to both move on.
        No, he meant transfers coming into the program.

I think picking up Snyder is huge. Expect to hear that his bro will be following. At least I hope that is the case and I'd go out on a limb and say it will happen. I was disappointed when we missed out on him.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
          No, he meant transfers coming into the program.

I think picking up Snyder is huge. Expect to hear that his bro will be following. At least I hope that is the case and I'd go out on a limb and say it will happen. I was disappointed when we missed out on him.
          This is accurate. People leave the team and don’t work out for a variety of reasons. I just don’t want us turning into a SIU or Jacksonville State where we’re rooting our horn about how amazing our transfers are instead of developing great players like we have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I think this level we need to be doing both. because frankly some recruits we are expecting big things from aren't panning out. I feel like our D-line is a good example. with out going back and looking, we sure seem young and thin on the D-line. getting a transfer in might help on the line, get some size and experience. just seems the last few recruiting classes have been missing out ont he D-line guys. guys like Langer and Soulek where you felt like, nice we got a good one there, I don't feel that with the current line. was hoping we would have added a juco or two to help in the middle.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              I think this level we need to be doing both. because frankly some recruits we are expecting big things from aren't panning out. I feel like our D-line is a good example. with out going back and looking, we sure seem young and thin on the D-line. getting a transfer in might help on the line, get some size and experience. just seems the last few recruiting classes have been missing out ont he D-line guys. guys like Langer and Soulek where you felt like, nice we got a good one there, I don't feel that with the current line. was hoping we would have added a juco or two to help in the middle.
              This is right on. A combo of both is most likely the right strategy.Neither is without risk.

Comment

I just don't want it turning into a Illinois State or Youngstown State trend where we allow kids who have gotten into trouble to continuously come on-board. This will make two incoming this year with the NC St cornerback. I'm not sure what Snyder did, but on the Iowa boards I'm reading it isn't something they will be releasing as it is embarrassing for the young man and he was booted by his peers. Hopefully he learns and keeps his head straight. I trust Stig, but even he has been shaky to say the least lately.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  This is right on. A combo of both is most likely the right strategy.Neither is without risk.
                  Blum played DE for 2 years coming from Nebby. Hazelett played 3 years from NIU. Washington a juco.

I believe the coaches gauge team chemistry daily.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
                    I just don't want it turning into a Illinois State or Youngstown State trend where we allow kids who have gotten into trouble to continuously come on-board. This will make two incoming this year with the NC St cornerback. I'm not sure what Snyder did, but on the Iowa boards I'm reading it isn't something they will be releasing as it is embarrassing for the young man and he was booted by his peers. Hopefully he learns and keeps his head straight. I trust Stig, but even he has been shaky to say the least lately.
                    Like Bono did with Gross, Like Nagy did with Larson. Just the first 2 that came to mind. I trust our coaches to make the call on who deserves a chance and who will be a good fit. Glad I am not the one who has to decide that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                      Blum played DE for 2 years coming from Nebby. Hazelett played 3 years from NIU. Washington a juco.

Also Grant Schmidt, who the jury is still out on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post

Tiano has been pretty steady on the OL as well.

Comment

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...acl/870456002/
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

At the same time before we judge transfers with questionable past coming in, we have had plenty of recruits who got themselves into hot water and had to transfer out too. A bad mistake or two and if you learn from it, pay your punishment, life will probably offer a 2nd chance. those that are ready for it will take it and make the most of it. examples are Larson and Gross again.

Comment

Great article on Jaden who is projecting as a linebacker. https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...yes/619391002/

Comment

"If you're reading this in Brookings you're getting a hungry, outstanding football player.

But more importantly, you're getting a young man who has been broken down, who is seeking personal redemption ... and who, more than anything, could use your love and support."

Strong last two lines from that report pointed at Brookings. I think he'll find Brookings/SDSU very welcoming and supportive.

Comment

Working...
                                X