2018 Season Expectations and Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Season Expectations and Predictions

Maybe its just me but im not worried about our offense.

QB-obviously a huge part of what we can do and maybe see us run him a little more early to ease all the new weapons we have.

RB- I feel like we have 4-5 guys that all can demand with success carrying the ball. Would love to see more creativity in the run game with the backs we have.

WR- Should be pretty solid, Cade probably will get a lot more throws his way. Interesting to see who else steps up here.

TE - 2 who are going to be playing a lot I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 tight end sets to use them both to get them envolved in the game. mix it up who is blocking and who is catching and I think Cavanaugh has big play potential in him.

Oline- Should be pretty solid IMHO. just need to develop depth there, there are only a few teams in the country this oline would struggle with, in the conference they are going to be pretty solid. Probably 2nd behind NDSU.

Defense is where the questions are again

D line- Biggest issue on the team. Can the ends generate pass rush, can the tackles stop the run game and not stuck in 3 and short all game. Who steps up in the middle of the D-line is going to be what takes this team to a playoff contender or pretender.

Linebacker- Not worried at all. Lots of great talent returning and their are always the next guys who are ready to step in to a new roll and contribute. I feel always the strength and heart of our D. With a guy like rozeboom you don't have to worry much there.

Corners- Probably pretty solid group, will need secondary to hold their own so others can help the D-line if they are struggling.

Safety's - Feel like wont see much of a drop off, just need to get more guys experience. The talent I think is there just need time on the field.

we probably win a game on the road we shouldn't, but loose a game at home we shouldn't either, probably hobo days. 8 wins is probably close to where this team finishes. 9 if they really buy in 1-0 each week, but 7 depending on injuries etc. 6 would clearly be a major disappointment.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

No mention of Callendar in Argus on D-Line article, I don’t want to start rumors but seems like an odd omission.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
        No mention of Callendar in Argus on D-Line article, I don’t want to start rumors but seems like an odd omission.
        I noticed that too. I also noticed a picture of him on Twitter wearing a #8 jersey. I'm thinking he made a switch to LB. If my assumption is correct, I'm excited to see the creative ways they get him after the QB. This switch would make sense, considering it seemed like he wasn't grasping the role of DE, plus you see this a lot in some college teams, but especially the NFL (think Anthony Barr). With Callender's athleticism, he could really wreak havoc being free to just rush the QB. I don't know what other explanation there would be to him not being in the article and having a #8 jersey. Anyone else have a possible explanation?

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
          Noticed that as well. He is super talented, and I am hoping there is a move here that is the reason for the omission.

Comment

I noticed the omission as well.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              I noticed that too. I also noticed a picture of him on Twitter wearing a #8 jersey. I'm thinking he made a switch to LB. If my assumption is correct, I'm excited to see the creative ways they get him after the QB. This switch would make sense, considering it seemed like he wasn't grasping the role of DE, plus you see this a lot in some college teams, but especially the NFL (think Anthony Barr). With Callender's athleticism, he could really wreak havoc being free to just rush the QB. I don't know what other explanation there would be to him not being in the article and having a #8 jersey. Anyone else have a possible explanation?
              Highly doubt it. That photo was taken during his recruiting visits. He wore #8 in high school.

Comment

It's a beautiful Saturday in Eastern SD and I'm indoors watching the replay of the 2017 NDSU at SDSU game. Even though I know SDSU won and I checked the final score (33-21), its fun to watch again. The game was sold out but actual attendance was 18130 (refreshing to see accurate attendance reports by SOME teams in the conference).

When I watch the game, I'm congnizant of what we lost through graduation BUT i'm impressed by the playmakers who are returning. We'll be good this year and some opposing fan bases will be surprised (because they haven't been paying attention).

Go Jacks!!! Looking forward to football at home-away-from-home Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  Highly doubt it. That photo was taken during his recruiting visits. He wore #8 in high school.
                  Ah, that would make sense. Well, that was my optimistic take. My pessimistic one is on June 5th Callender tweeted "Live and learn". Maybe looking at a suspension for something? Maybe not even on the team? If he didn't make a position change, there's a reason why he wasn't mentioned in Zimmer's article and Zimmer won't reply to people asking about him.

Comment

Ah, that would make sense. Well, that was my optimistic take. My pessimistic one is on June 5th Callender tweeted "Live and learn". Maybe looking at a suspension for something? Maybe not even on the team? If he didn't make a position change, there's a reason why he wasn't mentioned in Zimmer's article and Zimmer won't reply to people asking about him.
                    Another shoe to drop. Lets hope for the best and Callender shows up for fall campl.

Comment

In the "For What It's Worth" category, Tyler Merriam name dropped Daniel Callender as a potential pass rush standout in this interview with an ISU-Trees media member. I'm assuming the interview took place within the last couple days as it was posted today (7/28).
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        I see in Zimmer's article today that Zach Lujan is the new running backs coach after departure of John Johnson. Also Austin Barrett has move to offensive line. Any word if Daniel Calender has bulked up in the off-season?
                        Anyone have any insight where Johnson is going ? Checked his Twitter page and it doesn't mention anything. Seems pretty late in the game for coaches to be moving with camp opening in less than a week.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Anyone have any insight where Johnson is going ? Checked his Twitter page and it doesn't mention anything. Seems pretty late in the game for coaches to be moving with camp opening in less than a week.
                          Best guess from twitter is Alliance of American Football. Startup league started by Charlie Ebersol whose dad was a president at nBC who help start XFL with Vince Mc Mahon. Charlie also directed 30for 30 on the XFL. Coincidentally XFL is going to be starting up again too
                          Last edited by NWHSUandSDSU; 07-29-2018, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Zimmer did reply, he said that he is on the roster and would be surprised if he was in the rotation. that is conflicting from what Tyler M stated in the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                              Zimmer did reply, he said that he is on the roster and would be surprised if he was in the rotation. that is conflicting from what Tyler M stated in the interview.
                              Still strange that he didn't even list him.

I love the misdirection the media is giving iowa state. Watch out for this guy as a difference make, next day don't worry about this guy he wont even be in the rotation. classic.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                                Considering that Tyler is based on campus and likely has had more contact with the coaching staff during the summer, I would give more credence to his take on matters like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X