Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Season Expectations and Predictions

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    I was working outside right up until game time Saturday. The thought of anyone throwing a rock-hard football on target more than 5 yards seems absurd. Catching it is just about as impressive.
    Impressive to me was the only TD pass of the game...rolling out, on the run, 43yd dart to Cade in stride. then add the fact it was the NE part of the field and the at was where the wind was blowing IN.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
      Three were three of the last 6 games at home. TC had 12, 12 and 15 completions in those 3 games. He had 13, 18 and 25 completions at the road games. The Southern Illinois game was cold but the others road games had nice weather. He only had 13 completions in the Southern Illinois game. I think they don't have him throw the ball so much when the weather is cold, windy, rainy, snowy or a combination of all of that.TC also throws about 3 passes a game that only travel about 2 yards. Johnson catches those passes and takes them to the house. TC does have about 3-5 long completions/game but his other passes are probably within 10-15 yards of the line of scrimmage. Those passes do travel farther than that since they go out to the sidelines but they are not normally down the field. I do not think this is bad because we are 6-0 in those games but that is what I think has been happening.TC averages about 290 pass yards/game for conference road games (this includes that NDSU game). TC on the other hand only averages about 176 pass yards/game for the home games since conference play started (this includes the Duquesane game). We have had rough weather at home so they don't have him do as much.TC is playing good ball and we are winning so I hope whatever is happening keeps happening.
      Are we seriously debating this??? TC hasn't had to throw as much because the running game has destroyed people...Pierre has how many 40+ TDs in that span? I'll admit TC has some throws at times that make a guy wonder but all in all he's pretty good, right? I mean he only holds records in the MVFC over a span of 4 years where Defense has been pretty stout conference wide. I'll take him as QB throwing 50%...oh and how many of those incompletions were because the WR ran the wrong route or had the wrong read or were a throw away under pressure? I mean we used to crucify him because he wouldn't chuck it out of bounds when he scrambled. Also I can count at least 1 INT where this was the case. I really hope whoever takes over for him can live up to the scrutiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
        Are we seriously debating this??? TC hasn't had to throw as much because the running game has destroyed people...Pierre has how many 40+ TDs in that span. I'll admit TC has some throws at times that make a guy wonder but all in all he's pretty good, right? I mean he only holds records in the MVFC over a span of 4 years where Defense has been pretty stout conference wide. I'll take him as QB throwing 50%...oh and how many of those incompletions were because the WR ran the wrong route or had the wrong read. I can count at least 1 INT where this was the case.
        I'm not really trying to debate it. I'm just saying that the coaches change the game plan when the weather is bad and TC (like most people) plays better in nice weather.
        I did end with, "TC is playing good ball and we are winning so I hope whatever is happening keeps happening".
        So yes, I do think he's pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
          Impressive to me was the only TD pass of the game...rolling out, on the run, 43yd dart to Cade in stride. then add the fact it was the NE part of the field and the at was where the wind was blowing IN.
          That was a beauty!

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
            I'm not really trying to debate it. I'm just saying that the coaches change the game plan when the weather is bad and TC (like most people) plays better in nice weather.I did end with, "TC is playing good ball and we are winning so I hope whatever is happening keeps happening".So yes, I do think he's pretty good.
            sorry, too much coffee or the fact that I want it to be Saturday right now.

Comment

Working...
            X