2018 Season Expectations and Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Season Expectations and Predictions

Well, considering how there were thoughts that Callender was going to dominate last year and then did basically nothing, maybe he just isn't the player that he was hyped up to be.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      It's a beautiful Saturday in Eastern SD and I'm indoors watching the replay of the 2017 NDSU at SDSU game. Even though I know SDSU won and I checked the final score (33-21), its fun to watch again. The game was sold out but actual attendance was 18130 (refreshing to see accurate attendance reports by SOME teams in the conference).

When I watch the game, I'm congnizant of what we lost through graduation BUT i'm impressed by the playmakers who are returning. We'll be good this year and some opposing fan bases will be surprised (because they haven't been paying attention).

Go Jacks!!! Looking forward to football at home-away-from-home Brookings.
      I watched a lot of that rerun, too. The Jacks really looked good in that game. SDSU is losing a few studs from last year's team, but this year's team will be deep and talented, and, as you say, likely to rudely surprise teams expecting a drop-off in ability.

I'm predicting 8-3 and another trip to the playoffs.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Considering that Tyler is based on campus and likely has had more contact with the coaching staff during the summer, I would give more credence to his take on matters like this.
        I’d slow down with that train of thought.

Also, FWIW, he won't be appearing in my preview either. I know that he won't be an active participant this year and whether or not he is in Brookings this year will be up to him and his family.

Remember, SDSU football doesn't comment when a player leaves the program. It is usually up to the player to make that announcement. Players report this week so we should all know more soon.
        Last edited by WestSideRabbit; 07-30-2018, 10:58 AM.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          Also, FWIW, he won't be appearing in my preview either. I know that he won't be an active participant this year and whether or not he is in Brookings this year will be up to him and his family.
          You serious, Clark?

Also, when can we expect your preview to drop?

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
            You serious, Clark?

Yes. First position preview comes out tonight starting with the corners and working through the defense. Offense will come out next week.

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
              Well, considering how there were thoughts that Callender was going to dominate last year and then did basically nothing, maybe he just isn't the player that he was hyped up to be.
              This is an interesting take, who knows? I don't

Comment

You serious, Clark?

Jimmy Olson reporter for the Daily Planet.

Comment

not sure if it has been discussed in another thread. Do we know what games are covered on Midco or broadcast online or ESPN3?
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                    I’d slow down with that train of thought.

Remember, SDSU football doesn't comment when a player leaves the program. It is usually up to the player to make that announcement. Players report this week so we should all know more soon.
                    Putting this all together, it is not good, especially with the Callender tweet quoted: Live and Learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Jimmy Olson reporter for the Daily Planet.
                      Christmas Vacation

Comment

Christmas Vacation
                        Oh yah Clark Griswald, and Cousin Eddy. A great movie. Love the scene where those two went shopping and Cousin Eddy threw several bags of dog food into Clark's shopping cart. Seems like Jimmy Olson though who through many episodes never figured out that Clark Kent was Superman. Two separate people in Jimmy's mind.

Comment

You serious, Clark?

http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...rnerbacks.html Here you go Bits!

Comment

I must have missed it at some point been busy at work but where did Daniel Calendar go i dont see him on the roster and did not see him in the Argus Leader position break down.

Comment

I'm rewatching the ISUR game on midco right now. A couple thoughts:

1) Our D has great speed. If we can somehow develop an above average interior D line/pass rush, we could build a damn good season off that.
                              2) We struggle to get off the field on 3rd and long so much it isn't even funny. And that's 90% on the coaches/scheme. I'm not sure that'll change this year.
                              3) TC's feet are the reason we've taken the next step in the last two years. His ability to scramble/tuck and run and their correlation to our success can't be understated. With him healthy, I don't see how we aren't in the hunt for playoffs.
                              3) Attendence sucked. It looks terrible on TV, and there's really no excuse for not having 15k+ for a pivotal conference game on a beautiful November day. I won't go down this rabbit whole this early in the (pre)season, but it's embarrasing.
                              4) I think our O play calling got a little too fancy last year. I'm hopeful that the coaches will find what works, and build around the 2018 cast. I want to see more "downhill" running this year.
                              5) I'm not sure that we'll end up with a seed this year, but I'm equally convinced that this team is better "on paper" than 8 teams on our schedule. Whether that translates into 8 wins or not remains to be seen.
                              Last edited by Mr_Tibbs; 07-30-2018, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu2000 View Post
                                I must have missed it at some point been busy at work but where did Daniel Calendar go i dont see him on the roster and did not see him in the Argus Leader position break down.
                                Read above.

Comment

Working...
                                X